Project "Empty That Bucket!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wreybies, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Cool! If a free evening ensues today, I'll post here what date I start at. But I'm frankly not reliable, so don't consider me to have a block until I do post.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'm at mid 2015 working back so yeah if chicken or whoever wanted to start at dec 2011 and work back in time that should deconflict... i'm not going to do 2.5 years in a night

3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

We'd need to make sure the start point was documented somewhere, otherwise the same span might end up being allocated to someone else later on.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

to an extent it doesnt really matter, so long as two people arent doing the same bit at the same time - thus giving wrey duplicate reports. If someone goes over a section I've done (or whoevers done) after wrey has moved all the identified threads theres no real harm and i bet they'd find more

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

In truth, it doesn't really cause me any issue on my end. If two people report the same thread because I've moved it, it's still just one line item. When I click the line item I see the two reports underneath it. It's already happened a couple of times. It genuinely doesn't cause me any extra work on my end. :)

6. mashers

True. It might be a waste of time if they don't find more, but there is always the (quite likely) possibility that some will have been missed on the first sweep.

7. mashers

I think perhaps we need some new forums. "Poetry", "getting started", "motivation" and "editing" are themes which seem to be cropping up frequently in general.

8. mashers

On an unrelated note, I have just seen a thread in which the OP started with, "Hey little helpful people trapped inside my computer" :D

9. big soft moose

I think you're right - but I understand from what Wrey said earlier that he can't create new forums in the top section of the board.. that requires the lesser spotted daniel ( I'd also say "structure" although you could change plot development to plot&structure)

10. big soft moose

March 2015 was clearly a very prolific month - Ive just reported nearly every GW thread from that time period for moving

11. big soft moose

Goodbye 2015 old friend, hello 2014 ... do you come here often ?

12. mashers

I'm struggling through 2009. Not sure how much I can manage tonight. Can't... go on... brain... slowly... liquefying...

13. big soft moose

I've hit that groove .. done about 100 threads in just over an hour.... but I know what you mean, too much and it all melds into one, particularly when you hit a vein of " I needs write book but no ideaz halps".... which leaves one yearning for access to the hammer of doom (Arrrgh it's a writing forum ,splat. Use proper English, whack. Don't try to write by committee, bosh. etc )

14. mashers

I almost lost it due to a misplaced apostrophe.

15. big soft moose

I've noticed an increase level of terseness and brevity - at the start of this I was writing essentially " Empty that goshdarn bucket: Well I say @Wreybies old bean I do believe this might possibly belong in the plot development forum. toodle pip" a few hundred threads later I'm writing "ETB: plot dev"

Laurin Kelly and ChickenFreak like this.
  16. mashers

It was just “move to x” from the start for me ;)

I’m done for tonight. I’ve PMed @Tenderiser with the post I left off at. I’ll pick up tomorrow. I’m going to try and write something myself now ;)

17. big soft moose

I just thought - you , me and tenderiser are all from gods own country, seat of the empire, rule britania etc... @Wreybies is one of those colonial johnies so he's about four hours behind us, so hes currently in the jolly old work place. When he returns to his quarters for tiffin hes going to be confronted by a veritable wall of reports.

(I have no idea why i'm writing like colonel blimp - possibly emptying the bucket has made me silly .... sillier than usual)

Catrin Lewis, jannert and Trish like this.
  18. mashers

I think he said he’s going on holiday, so he’ll have even more when he gets back ;)

I don’t know why either, but I like it, and think you should do it all the time. Forever.

19. big soft moose

they probably have internet in Orlando ... :D

20. big soft moose

In all seriousness if hes going away may be we should pause on bucket bailing until he comes back (unless a mod is going to carry on fighting the good fight in his absence.... it will be a bit of an arse for the others if the report stream is burried in hundreds of ETB reports for the next week)

I'm up to November 2014 btw - and am now taking a breather to walk the hound

21. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Luckily we're several mods on the team. (Although so far I think it's only been me and Wrey working on this, with Wrey doing 95% of the work.)

22. big soft moose

but there's only one wreybies, *burst into song* oh yes there's only only one wreybies.. only one.... "

23. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

You're ahead of me. I've been on plain old "plot dev" for hours.

Fernando.C likes this.
  24. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

*sprays drink out of nose at "toodle pip"*

I feel kind of guilty enjoying this thread so much when I'm not actually doing any of the work!

BayView likes this.
  25. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I'm with Laurin... there's nothing I enjoy more than watching other people doing work!

(My perfect summer afternoon isn't complete unless I can hear someone mowing a lawn somewhere. Not close enough to be disruptive, just a background hum that lets me know someone else is being productive while I nap in the hammock.)

jannert and Laurin Kelly like this.