Tags:
  1. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Protection

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chandler245, May 11, 2009.

Protection, and not what you are thinking. Who, out of curiousity and research, do you feel that men, boys, ect are natural to defend women, girls. Or are women, girls, out to be protective of boys, men. Or, well you get the idea. Given any opion is fine. I just am curious?:D

2. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

When I think protection, I think about the relationships shared between people. A father or mother is going to protect their children regardless of gender. A boy who might like or know a girl to an extend will defend/protect her from harm. Boys are more likely, from experience, to get into fights over something when it comes to protecting someone, while girls are much more verbal and into smacking someone across the face to make their point.

Again, it really all depends on the relationship between the people.

3. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Pick any relationship, What extream would you go for a brother or sister, a lover, a mother, to protect them from any type of harm, feelings being hurt, anything to make them happy. What would you do to protect? Would girls got more extream then boys? Yelling yes that I agree is a women thing, men, well they slap just a lot harder.

4. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Well, for my siblings, each one is a bit different. I let my brothers defend themselves to a degree, you know, let them be 'men', but once a line is crossed by their enemy, I step in. Anytime my siblings or parents are hit or hurt, I come in big time. Violence like that does not settle with me, and I don't care who does it, I'm going to mess them up just like they messed up my family. You don't mess with them, ever.

Friends, well, each one varies. Of course the closer ones are going to be kept to my vest much more, but my girlfriends (me being a girl and all) are like 'sisters' to me, so if you push one's buttons the wrong way, I'll set you straight before you have a chance to blink. I try not to resort to bodily harm, but if it calls for it, I will. I'm not afraid to get down and dirty for the ones I care for. They'd do the same thing for me without hesitation.

5. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Thank you that is very insitful (sp?). I am glad to see that comment, it can really help.

6. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

Good! Glad to have helped you out.

7. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

I don't think girls necessarily get more extreme or vise versa, it depends on the strength of the relationship. Personally I'm kind of a non-confrontational person and I'm certainly not a person to get into fights, but if someone did something really really bad to my little brother I would definately find a way to make their life suck; and I still get really pissed off if anyone does anything to him. But I'm also close with him and I'm the older one even if I am the girl. So like I said, in my opinion its more dependant on the relationship.

8. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

I think that women are more extreme fighters for their own families- meaning that they're always protecting their own family over other families. Men are generally protective, but still diplomatic at the same time.

If I accidentally ran over the neighbor child's foot with my car, I think I'd much rather deal with the father, than the mother. (generally speaking- I know there are always special cases)

9. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

It's basically about emotion-Doesn't matter whether the person is male or female....we can remain calm sure, but we sure as hell look after the whole family...kill one of us,, the whole family will come to kill you...the bottom line it, the more you feel for a person, the more you want to protect them, look after them.

10. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Wow, I am impressed with the responce, seems there is no bottom line on how one person would protect another. No one go and run over a childs foot, I don't want that. Keep them coming. If you can add, this is a great help. I forgot how it was to be young and feeling the way that you all feel.

11. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I echo what Lillix first said; boys I feel tend to be more physically protective, but girls are much more verbally aggressive to defend something or someone.

I know if someone threatened me or someone close to me, even though I am relatively strong, I know that I am better and more comfortable delivering a verbal blow than a physical one. (I'm pretty good at making people crumble and cry when I'm in the mood to.)

In my personal experiences, I tend to protect my dad more than my mother. I know my dad can stand it better than my mom can, but I also feel like my mother needs to toughen up a bit both physically and mentally.
    So I guess what comes from that example is I will protect someone who needs protecting, but only if (s)he tried at all first. My mom always comes for help without ever really trying herself, so I dont try much either. But my dad gives his all, and if it still is not enough, then I'll certainly give my all for him as well.

They say that blood is thicker than water, but not in my case. Comparing my family and friends, I would fight for my friends indefinitely, but my family? Not so much. I guess because I feel a stronger tie to those who are members of my 'choice-family' than my biological one.

12. Henry The Purple

Henry The Purple Active Member

When physically threatened, women are more likely to turn to men for protection. But guess what? More often than not, the perpetrators of physical violence are males themselves. Males protecting females from other males...it's a futile exercise. There are exceptions to everything, of course...

13. Piestein

Piestein Active Member

About protection, the people I would protect, no matter the cost (no. matter.), would be my family and close friends. Doesn't matter if they turn to me or not, I will help.

The person of use to the conversation here though, might be my sister. That's probably the person I feel most vulnerable and in most need of protection (she's young and very emotional -- not emo, just things get to her, even if you don't see that). It's a returned favor, although my problems are usually paranoia etc; she protects me more from myself usually.

I can not imagine what I would do to anyone who harms her... She can protect herself, oh she definitely can against verbal attacks, and I must say she can slap people quite hard (all those years of tennis do say their word...). But if anyone actually punches her, I would go berserk. I don't know to what extent, that's never happened. But I would go completely berserk (I have a very good idea, but I wouldn't post that here, since it might prove too extreme to some people). Hitting her is my N1 on "things you should never EVER do... EVER!!!".

And if it's nothing physical, but verbal, I would definitely back her up verbally as well. I have this little verbal devil that I keep away usually, but I probably would let him out for such a special case.

14. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

I'm an oldest brother. I have a twin brother (age 25) and two sisters (23 and 19). I tend to allow people to do thier own things, and will step in only when I feel they really need me. If they mouth off and get hit that was their own fault. If the other person takes it 'too far' (by my definition, not the sibling's) I'll step in big time.

My brother has a shorter fuse than I do, so my 'protection' for him tends to come in the form of calming him down (or getting in his way enough to buy him the time he needs to cool down). I've only had to do this a couple of times.

The youngest sister I stepped in once to threaten a guy who was being an ass and trying to ruin her senior prom because she had not wanted to be his valentine (what an idiot). I called him and threatened to kick his ass the next time I came into town, if he didn't make things right by Kathy.

Crissy (middle sister) I've only had to step in once for as well. She and her room mate began to be stalked by a guy. He would show up at odd hours fo the night and look in their windows. Then he began to 'collect' items from their yard (we know this because he would sometimes drop them as he fled the yard.) Then he started to unscrew their porch light bulbs and one night while this was happening, someone tried to climb in Crissy's bedroom window at 3 am.

She called the police every night when he showed up, but they were less than helpful (refused to even take finger-prints off the glass). I did what, I assuemd, any brother would do: Doned a ghillie suit and sat in the yard all night with a shotgun. My brother and I traded off each night to keep a constant watch. Then, one Sunday night, we got him.

The guy:
    [​IMG]

The arresting party:
    [​IMG]

So that is how far I'd go for my family (or friends). 9+ hours sitting in a yard wearing a super hot layer of cammoflauge, while its 93F outside, and the mosquitos in South Texas are impervious to DEET.

1 person likes this.
  15. Lavarian

:D
    You magnificent bastard. Well done, indeed.

16. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

:D

This is a picture of me in my sting position. I had a head shroud on during the actual stakeout, but removed it (and my gloves) for this picture. Put your thumb over my head to see what Juan Munoz saw.
    [​IMG]

17. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Lord Kyle, I think I just fell in love with you.

Lololol.

18. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

ditto. lol.

I think there is no clear cut difference between how men and women respond in the way of protection. When some spareface slag really really really upset me, my female friends were more than happy to go and slap her silly. I didnt let them do this, but I was happy that they were willing to do so. If a male had upset me, it would be my male friends who would be out to get him. So whereas both sexes in my experience are willing to respond physically, my female friends are also more likely to try and resolve things verbally. Hmm.

I personally would love to be in a fight =D I'm feisty. But I just havent had the chance =[
    Lol just realised that makes me a sound a bit nasy, I'm not, I'd just like to know if I'd win or not haha.

xxxx

19. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

Lord Kyle, you are awesome, and a man after my own heart.

When you say protection to me, it first makes me think of what I am actually protecting against. If it is someone just spouting off and not going to do anyone harm, then I would just walk away, or laugh at them.

But if you are talking about someone coming to do serious harm to someone I love, especially my husband or son, I wouldn't think twice about doing whatever needed done to stop them. Literally.

But if you want to talk about men, and their need to protect, I think it is there. Let someone call me a name or grab me when they shouldn't. My husband would instantly see red. Also, the remark about dealing with the father instead of the mother....wouldn't work in my family. I have a cooler head. :) My husband would prolly rip you out of your car and beat your foot with a sledge hammer, to see how you liked it.

But, the mother bear instinct, is alive and well. I would die to save my child, with no second thoughts at all. I would also die to save my husband.

I only hope that no one is stupid enough to seriously threaten my family. Because I don't know what the outcome would be......

20. Lavarian

There are always special cases. If I were to accidentally run over a child's foot because I didn't see him (which is what I meant- apologies if that wasn't clear), it would occur to me that the person ripping me out of my car and smacking me about with a sledge hammer is not quite right in the head or has some serious anger problems.

A rough, probably butchered quote from Mr. Lewis:
    Much as you admire your husband, would you not say that his chief failing is his tendency not to stick up for his rights and yours against the neighbours as vigorously as you would like? A bit of an Appeaser?

I know that I fall into this category.

21. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I'd just like to ask: You have a shotgun and two rifles. Is the golf club REALLY neccessary? :D

22. Lavarian

Maybe he wants to work on his drive?

23. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

(ass)HOLE IN ONE! :D

(I'm talking about the guy they caught, not you. :p)

24. lilix morgan

lilix morgan Member

-nod nod-
    Seriously. If I have a problem, can I call you for backup? :D

25. Lavarian

Even if you were talking about me, I'm sure it'd be quite deserved.

Also, that made me LOL.