Tags:
  1. Raven

Raven Banned

Prothecies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Dec 28, 2006.

Okay, so since we've been asked several times to get back on track on the Noah's Ark thing, I feel it's best to get back on track.

But there are some things that need to be discussed.
    Redlion brought up the idea of "the Bible proving itself" through prophecies.

First of all, I would like to say that the chances of Jesus fulfilling every single prophecy about him just by chance is like marking a dime and covering the entire state of Texas with two feet of dimes and randomly picking that dime.

Now here's the issue presented: Was it rigged?

On one side, we have people saying that the writers of the Bible did so for their own convenience, and on the other side, we have people saying that the prophecies actually were made and came true.

Showdown!

First point I will make is that the Old Testament was not rigged to fit the New Testament. It was written and accepted by Jews much earlier than the New Testament was written, and even the Jews, who accept the Old Testament, will reject the New Testament.

2. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Are prothecies anything like prosthetics?

3. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

The only thing factual to agree on with the bible is that it has been on top of the bestsellers list for an incredibly long time.

Everything else about it take it as stock belief, or myth, if you will. Nothing more.

As for Noah. An incredible genius if I have ever read of such a person. What with him putting predator and prey on the same vessel an' all! :rolleyes: :D
    I also love the logic of two of every animal coming to him despite land mass not actually being connected even as far back as those biblical times to logically warrant such an incredible event. :rolleyes: :D

Ach-choo!

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Well....the Isralits did go on a pretty long walk....

5. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Not over water, my man, not over water.

6. Jack The Ripper

Jack The Ripper Banned

Nostradamas made some pretty impressive prothercies did he not.
    And How many of those came true.

7. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

This is only speculation that they came true. They're not actually confirmed because his prophecies were written in cryptic poetic form (in an old form of French I think) and many were actually written backwards which many people just do not understand.
    People have made certain likenesses to certain terms in English, such as his prophecy about "metal fishes" swimming in the ocean (as it was translated). This could well give someone the idea of submarines, but this is what I mean about speculation.

I have a copy of his Book of Centuries. Fascinating stuff that it is, it still reads what the Bible is like: ancient text written from one language and form to another.

This makes it easier to confuse the exact meaning and even so boldy make up certain terms as there are some words in one language that just doesn't exist in others.

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

Please man, back in those days every nig in town was vegetarian, even the lion's and shiz, so they didnt eat each other till after the flood.

9. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

LMFAO :D

What's a "nig"? :confused:

10. Frost

Frost Active Member

Lol short for 'nigger'. It's what all the poseur kid's call each other here :p

(I realise your not a poser, but to keep with the feel of my sarcastic retort, i thought it went well :))

11. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I believe that there are bigger 'things' than us out there and to be honest, some of us are lucky enough to get prophecies and such, but it's what we do with the warnings.... and if we can ever get over trying to find an explination for everything. :D ..... whatever. just my thoughts..... too late to think properly so forgive me....