PS3 anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hellbent, Nov 16, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Yeah I don't think so, playstation is the best.

2. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

Wow. Why is it that I can't comprehend this whole "PS3 vs. Wii" console war? Why are they going at it for the best next gen console? They both suck equally. PS3 is far too overpriced (which I know will change eventually, but by the time it's being sold a fair price, Sony will have come out with PS4), and the Wii's graphics are just bad. Why is the Xbox 360 being left out of the console wars? Is it because there's no competition? Is it just way too obvious that Xbox 360 is best? It's fairly priced, and it has high definition graphics like PS3 does. Am I missing something here?

3. ariella

ariella New Member

Yeah ok you have a point, but Final Fantasy isn't on xbox so it don't really help me much

4. ABSteel

ABSteel New Member

The only game console I have a the GameCube.

I got it because I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, and I loved the games on Playstation.

5. blondeangel

blondeangel New Member

Yeah ok Resident Evil is pretty darn good, but personally I think they are all pointless. You go out and buy one and that's the end of that, you get hooked on a game and before you know it you are buying a new game console of some sort because the next game in the sequel only comes out on the next console. It the best way for companies to make money out of unsuspecting fools.

6. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

Xbox!!!!!

7. newguy

newguy New Member

Those Who Defy The Ps2 Will Be Scourged Clean From This Earth....hahahahahahaha

8. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

just u try n move us....ha ha ahahahahahah

9. ariella

ariella New Member

oh come one there is no contest here. PS will always win and that's that!

Unless by some miracle they put FF onto xbox and I highly doubt that.

10. Sf Gr3y

Sf Gr3y New Member

-.-

Wii.

11. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure that's what they said abou Nintendo before Playstation came along. Nintendo laid out the frame for all video games to come.

And sure, Playstation has reigned champion with PS1 and PS2, but they ruined their chances of it with PS3. The only people who are going to be buying it right now are the stupid PS fanboys, who's prepubescent minds let them think that because it's made by Sony, it's God.

Hasn't Playstation had the same controller for the past, I don't know, twelve years? The only thing they've done to it to make it next gen, is take away the rumble (haha, stupidasses), and steal Wii's motion censor design (which Nintendo is just laughing at them for, by the way, because it's a completely half assed version of their's)

Also, I don't see what the big deal is about Final Fantasy. I mean, I'm not really a Fantasy kind of guy anyways. But this game is by far the most boring game I have ever play, in my entire life. Pong beats this game.

12. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

That's an awfully harsh thing to say, and I don't think that it's warranted.

It seems like you are saying that because we have different tastes in games, our decision is wrong.

I don't necessarily think of myself as a Sony fanboy. I don't think that Sony has made good marketing decisions, and their ability to pull off a successful release has proved miserable. But I also think that it's much too early to judge the failure or success of the console wars.

Sony typically doesn't look at the short term when judging the success of the system. Two years from now, I would guess that they will selling PS3s, and may be making money on them by then.

And I happen to like FF games very much. The FPS games are boring and violent to me, and I find that I have no interest in them. That doesn't mean that I can't understand why other people like them. And, if that's the sort of game people like, then the xBox is the right system to buy.

13. newguy

newguy New Member

I agree with spherical

14. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

Yes, but that's two years from now. By that time, (pretty much) everyone will already have bought an Xbox, Wii, or PS3. I will personally going to buy a PS3, but not until it's price goes down. By which time it's amazing, unmatched, super-dooper blu-ray technology, will be nothing more but average and DVD players will be old news.

And there's no need to be offended by what I said about Final Fantasy. I mean, if you said something bad about a game I enjoyed playing, I wouldn't take it personal. You wouldn't be saying anything "harsh" about me, so who cares? I would understand that you have your opinion, I have mine.

I never said you were wrong, it's just FF seemed to be the only reason you guys were buying the PS3, and I thought I'd give my opinion of it.

"And, if that's the sort of game people like, then the xBox is the right system to buy"? If I may say so, you have a very cliched outlook on the Xbox. Halo isn't the only game we have, as some of it's fanboys may lead you to believe. What other system has games ranging all over from Project Gotham Racing, to Gears of War, to Viva Pinata?

15. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

I meant the part about how people buying PS3's now are stupid.

You seem to have the same cliched outlook on the PS3 that I expressed about the xBox.

16. Frost

Frost Active Member

Rather, he's just pointing out that most people in the thread who are going to buy PS3 are doing so because of FF.

general opinion of thread:
    gaming orgasm equals= (turbographics+stolenmotionsensor)ps3+(overkilledgame+mediocrestorylines)ff