Publish my book on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by LeoGe, May 26, 2016.

1. RainbowMama16

RainbowMama16 New Member

I'm a writer who does not use WattPad for writing. I use it strictly for reading. And I absolutely love it. The only flaw with WattPad is many people post without editing. Words are spelled wrong and some things don't make sense. But I continue because at least they're trying to get their writing out there. Besides the library, WattPad has become my favorite place to find new reading material. I just wish I could have it in book form.

Now that that is out of the way... What about making a page just for your novel(s) so you can update your book accordingly and people can choose to get notifications when you post a new chapter? If you didn't want to post a full chapter, you could open a free blog page and type everything up on there. Then post the link on your FB page to share with everyone. As someone commented above me, offer a sneak peak and let them go from there.

It never hurts to try. You'll either fail or your idea will succeed.

2. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Is it too late to be late?

Just wanted to add, speaking of Wattpad:
    I worked at the library at a small school in Sweden for some time and they (a few students) were almost daily at Wattpad (never tried it myself, I prefer listening to books when it comes to technology). And though that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'd say if they had found it there is a big chance that your target audience in a country like US och England has found it. No guarantee, of course, but big enough chance to try it.

Though, tying back to what people said ages ago: posting some kind of hook on facebook and then have a web-page or a blog is probably the best way for you. Which you probably already done. Because late me is late.