1. Orland

Orland Banned

Questions for your main character

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Orland, Jan 2, 2009.

First off, hi, I'm new here, but I'll do my introductions in the proper place.

Anyway, I got the idea for this topic from a smaller writing forum, though its probably been done here before and/or isn't allowed, or is in the wrong section, or something. Sorry, I hate being new.

Anyway, here's the idea you've probably already seen: I put forward three questions, and you answer them as you think the main character of one of your stories would answer them (one character at a time, please). Then you leave three new questions for the next poster's character.

EDIT: Thanks, Leaka; I see I must emphasise that you leave three new questions for the next poster after answering the questions. Oh, and perhaps it might be a good idea to briefly introduce your character, or at least name them, before answering the questions.

Anyway, I'll start:

1. How is your lovelife thus far? How do you see it in the future?
    2. Do you have a role model or idol? Why do you idolise them?
    3. Do you believe human nature is inherently good or evil?

2. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

1. love I don't believe in no love. Sex hell yeah
    2. Role model, I don't try to be like anybody but myself
    3. What kind of question is this? People are just how they are.

3. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

1. Love life? What live life? Everyone I love either dies or we split up...

2. Role Models? You're kidding, right? There's no one in the galaxy that is a Role Model to me.

3. With my background you really want me to answer this?

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I think you guys missed this part:

1. Love life, there is no such thing as love life. There is such a thing as called breeding it's what all nature does

2.I don't believe in idols or role models. They are just something people create to believe that they have beliefs. They lie to themselves

3.Human nature is an illusion. Nature is an illusion. We have natural instincts and then we force upon what is truly natural. We created human nature, but it doesn't really exist.

New Questions:

1. When you see the sun set what do you think?

2. How would you say you live your life?

3. Do you run your life on passion or does passion run off and leave you alone?

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I've moved this to Word Games.

Word Games can be purposeful. In fact, those are the best kind on a writing site. So don't think that my moving this means I'm trivializing it. But the back and forth nature of the exercise makes it an ideal word game for writers.

6. othman

othman New Member

1) much harder for your targets to see you if you're in front of the sunset.
    2)It's hard yet fun, plenty of money, travel and guys.
    3)Passion is there but only in a sexual way, if you develop any real feelings for anyone you're easier to find.

1)Could you kill someone you knew?
    2)Would you eat dog? Perhaps laugh at those who would refuse?
    3)Would you walk to hell and back just to reek revenge on someone?

7. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

1)Could you kill someone you knew?

Yeah it depends if they're trying to do me in first

2)Would you eat dog? Perhaps laugh at those who would refuse?

Hell no, that's disgusting!

3)Would you walk to hell and back just to reek revenge on someone?

How did you know that I did this, you reading my thoughts?

1) Do you like Rap and Rock?
    2)When's the last time you went to the strip club?
    3) What kind of car do you drive?

-Andrew Scaves

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

1. I prefer rock, but will listen to some unique rap

2. Never, treating woman like that is not respectful

3. I drive a luxury car with wings

New Questions:

1. What are your views on death?

2. Do you believe in reincarnation?

3. What are some of your pleasures?

9. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

1. I see the beautiful of the galaxy, the part that makes life worth living for.

2. I would say I try to do the right thing, even though others take my choices from me. If I had it to do over again, I would not have let them have that control.

3. My life runs on passion, it's the only way i manage to make it through the day. As jaded as I am, I need the passion.

10. Cogito

1. I've seen everyone around me die after a short span of years. I've lived for thousands of years. I'm not even sure how many. Yet I know my time too will pass, and my only regret will surely be that there wasn't enough time for me to do all I wished to do.

2. I've never seen any proof one way or the other. I've met people who seemed to be old souls, but whether that means they really are, who can say? But my heart tells me that we have one lifetime to make our mark, and then we are gone. I've seen the birth and passing of too many religions to think anyone has gotten it right yet. Including me.

3. My greatest pleasure has always been the search for knowledge. There is no greater joy than the surprise that the universe is at the same time exactly as you have always known it to be, and yet completely different.

Now three new questions:

1. Without your name or your past, who are you?
    2. What are the meanings of good and evil to you?
    3. What would you die for, without regret?

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

1. People didn't originally bear names, so I would still be a person. Before past became a part of our life we didn't have a past we continued moving forward and they were still people and so am I.

2. Good and evil they were born of the same nature. Good and evil there really is no such thing, I just see it as the same nature when good becomes angry what we call evil is the goods anger. And when evil becomes happy it is good.

3. My clan. I would die for my family clan, after though. After I got my revenge from whoever slaughtered. I would gladly die then. But not now.

New Questions:

1. What are your view on friends?

2. What do you value most money or love?

3. Do you believe in wandering souls?

12. Orland

Orland Banned

1. I avoid them. Sure, it's nice to talk to like-minded people once in a while, but friends are inherently people you have to trust. The day humans prove themselves worthy of that, I'll start doing it.
    2. Money. Why does everyone ask this? Even if other humans proved themselves worthy of liking, let alone loving, what use is love to you when you get beaten to death in the street for not having any money to pinch? I rest my case.
    3. I really don't care. All I know is that when someone dies, it means they don't bother me anymore. If there are souls wandering around, they're not bugging me, and that's all that matters.

New questions:

1. What are your religious views?

2. How much do you value human life, in general?

3. Who or what would you say you value above your own life?

13. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

1. What are your religious views?

If God is real he ain't done nuttin' for me and I don't care to advise by his rules.

2. How much do you value human life, in general?

I don't really care about others unless they start ****in' with me.

3. Who or what would you say you value above your own life?

1.) You know I'm a pretty good fighter, how are you in the ring?

2.) You know some of the best things in this world aren't just money it's food too. What's your favorite?

3.) This whole science vs. magic thing is getting kind of out of hand. Which side do you think is going to win?

-Andrew Scaves

14. Cogito

Jared Slovnyck:
    1. I don't fight, and I don't play games. If someone is in my way, I kill him. Or her. As efficiently as possible.
    2. Only survival matters. Indulgences are a fatal distraction.
    3. There is no magic. As for science, it can give a false sense of security. I can use that.

1. What do you fear most?
    2. What is your greatest weakness?
    3. How trusting are you?

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

1. I fear nothing, what is there to fear. Nothing. Fear is just something we like to use to manipulate all the stupider humans into doing something for us.

2. My greatest weakness is my stubbornness. I clearly don't back out of situations even when they have gotten to dangerous

3. Trusting, I trust no one. Most people who are trusting are just really good liars and they will walk right over you like some sort of foot mat if you let them.

Questions:

1. Is revenge an option for you?

2. Do you have any secrets?

3. What do you think about kids?

16. MiwAuturu

MiwAuturu New Member

1: If they truly deserve it then yes.

2: My existance in a secret.

3: Maybe when I'm old enough.

Questions

1: What's your favorite weapon?

2: Who do you have the most respect for?

3: Who is your greatest enemy?

17. Cogito

Drew Franklin:
    1. Weapon? Why the hell are we talking weapons, man? I'm just a flight engineer. The last thing I shot at was a chunk of rock, and that was just to see what it was made of.
    2. Well now, that's a tough one. I reckon it would be the couple hundred colonists down below. They let themselves be put in cryosleep, and even if we caqn bring them all back out of it, they face an unknown world. They'll have to improvise every day to just survive.
    3. Doc Taylor would say I am. She's probably right. There's not a pressure suit on board I could squeeze into any more, and I hate to even think about facing a full gee of gravity again.

New questions:
    1. What's the greatest challenge you've ever faced?
    2. Have you ever lost someone you loved more than life itself?
    3. What's the loneliest you have ever been?

18. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

1. The greatest challenge I ever faced was figuring a young family member for accidentally killing a member of our family. She really didn't know the danger running in the house could cause.

2. My mother when my cousin was running in the house and she knocked my over . My mother went tumbling down the stairs and died of a bleeding in the brain.

3. Now, now is the loneliest I have ever felt. The people I call friends don't necessarily want me to be happy they only want me to be with them and always be with them. Somehow they think I will be happy only with their presence.

New Question:

1. Have you ever made a big mistake something that you'll never be able to correct ever?

2. Does your past come back to haunt you?

3. Do you inner thoughts prevent you from connecting to other people?

19. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Intro;
    Edward Walker is a character from Third Earth, who serves a wizard he calls father Timeless. He sets out on a journey to Ravens Tavern on a mission for father Timeless after his wife, Daphne, dies.

1. Have you ever made a big mistake something that you'll never be able to correct ever?
    Yes, none of which matter at this moment. I try not to dwell on the past, but instead focus on the tasks ahead.
    2. Does your past come back to haunt you?
    No doubt it will.
    3. Do you inner thoughts prevent you from connecting to other people?
    No. My past does. I loved my wife, I still do. She was my companion, and I've never had any true friends, always trying to hide who, and more importantly, what, we truely were.

1. Are you hiding something to the people around you?
    2. Would the pain of losing the one person you loved more the life itself cripple you?
    3. Would you jump of a cliff if 'that one person' told you so?

20. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

I have a question, can we switch different characters here, because I'm tired of being the same person?

1. Are you hiding something to the people around you?

No, yes, I mean no, I think

2. Would the pain of losing the one person you loved more the life itself cripple you?
    I think that if anyone lost their lover they would be deeply hurt about it.
    3. Would you jump of a cliff if 'that one person' told you so?
    Are you speaking figuratively, or literally? If you're literal then of course I wouldn't do it unless it was to save both of our lives.

1. What's your favorite kind of animal?
    2. What is your view on monarchies?
    3. Do you have any jewelery?

-Q.M.A. IV

21. Cogito

(As for your question, my interpretation is that you choose any character from your writing to answer the three questions, but from post to post it can be different characters. Also, I have had my character pose the three new questions.)

22. Orland

Orland Banned

Oh sure, you can switch between characters, just make sure you say so.

And I'd like it if people could introduce their characters. The character answering my questions (including the previous ones) is Stewart Jerremond, who lives in province run by a corrupt and incompotent governer and works as a 'Debt Man' for a local crime lord.

1. Animal? The only animals I ever see in this godawful place I call home are being made into soup or run over in the streets. Pets ain't very common in a place where most people can't afford kids.

2. I don't have time to think politics. There's a few people that insist our sad state of affairs is because our king won't get rid of our fat dullard of a governer. But there's a democracy state just neighbouring us, and all they ever do is in-fight. What'd politics ever do for Stewart, eh?

3. I have a plain ring; it's a reward for being a compotent Debt Man. Very prestigious, actually; aside from that, the last piece of jewelry I ever saw was a dusty old necklace some old widow gave me as collateral because she couldn't pay her debt. Shops these days are lucky if they're able to sell basic goods, nevermind jewelry.

Questions:

1. What's your relationship with your family like?

2. Looking back on your life, what would you do differently if you could relive it?

3. If you had only 24 hours left to live, what would you do?

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

This character I am about to answer with is Grave the Gray, he stole someone's graveyard after he died and he is a sorcer...sort of.

1. Family, you're asking me about who gave birth to me and who gave the swimming tadpole the seed of life. Yeah, family is a ridiculous concept I'll never understand.

2. I have only lived for twenty-six years. I am not that old and I have no mistakes that I can think of....oh wait letting that one into my home and having him talk to me every day is annoying. Next time I won't pick up stray dogs.

3.Ahaahahaahahaa! Do I have to tell you that is the most ridiculous question on the planet. Its a trick question. Everyday of the week you only have 24 hours to live. Everyday is a new day and who knows I might get struck down with a shovel right at this moment. I live my days expecting death or life. Stupid question, ridiculous question. Trying to stump me down.

New Questions:

1. Have any pets that you just simply adore?

2. Do you pamper yourself?

3. Are you a fashion forward person?

24. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

I'm gonna answer in my MC, Isaac Newman. Yes, he does know about his name.

Basically, Isaac is bionic. He has so much strength, that he doesn't actually know where his limit is (In his words: "I can lift a mouse, but not a spaceship. So that puts me... God knows where.") He also has a HUD in his head meaning that he can zoom, target, analyse and a whole other load of things. (Think Geordie LaForge with a crosshair.) He can withstand 40 Gigawatts running directly through his body with no ill effects (Besides massive amounts of pain), take an RPG round to chest with the same outcome, and can survive indefinately in a total vaccum. Basically, he CAN breathe, eat, sleep, get drunk, have sex, etc... but he doesn't need to. In these situaions his mechanical side keeps his brain alive and suspends his other organs so they don't get damaged.

He's also quite bad-tempered, drinks heavily and is the ship's engineer.

Here we go:

1. Are you kidding? Seriously? No. Unless you call a stupid tiny spider robot thing that follows me everywhere a PET.

2. Yes. With lots of action and ammunition. Moving on,

3. Fashion? Fashion is for girls. I wear what I want, and if you don't like it, I can put you through a wall.

Isaac's questions for you:

1. What's your favourite drink? "I don't drink" will get you a slap.

2. How are you at handling firearms?

3. Are you free Thursday?

25. Lalis

Lalis New Member

My main character is Lohanna Crayford, she's a 16-year-old vampire who lives in the magical country of Crell. Very conspicuously based on myself xD

1. White tiger blood, of course. It's sweet =]

2. I'd have to say... Awful.

3. This Thursday? Hmm. I might be. Although I have to study some History - but who cares? Yeah, I'm free.

And Lari's questions for the poster below are:

1) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
    2) What is your biggest flaw?
    3) Are you happy right now? xD