Questions for your main character

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Orland, Jan 2, 2009.

1. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

My character is Johanna Harder, a girl born to wealthy parents during the mid 1800's. Due to her high status and her parents lack of concern for her she leads a secret double life disguised as a boy and working as an assistant in the biology lab at the local university.

1. Quest for knowledge.
    2. I think my biggest flaw is ingratitude. I have everything a womamn of status could want, but they just don't matter to me.
    3. It's hard to say. Probably, I'm doing what I want.

1. What makes your curiosity rise?
    2. Do you have any friends?
    3. When confronted with a dangerous mystery do you run away or investigate?

2. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

My character is Seonaidh Mac an Sporrain, exiled purse-bearer to the Lords of the Isles who found himself on the wrong side of a political shake-up and now has to spearhead an invasion of the Highlands whilst keeping an abused Irish princess, the only thing needed to make the treaty he opposed official, safe from enemies within and without his circle of advisors.

1. When someone does something completely unexpected. I'm cautious and alert by nature, if something is wrong, I will notice. Whether I'm curious or not depends on if I feel like treading on thin ice.
    2. Friends? Only one left, and that's Micheal, my military advisor. Everyone else I'm keeping at associate rank, for now, until I am sure I can trust them.
    3. Investigate if it bothers me. Say nothing if not. But those who allow the king to err deserve the same punishment as traitors.

1. What do you fear most?
    2. Do you prefer the day or the night?
    3. What are your bad habits?

3. MiwAuturu

MiwAuturu New Member

Harold Cheifson from blademasters (story name and character name just about say it all)
    1: My fencing teacher, he's convinced nothing good will come from me.
    2: Night, it's when I can think without being bothered
    3: Only in my fighting technique

1: What is you goal in life?
    2: If you could meet anyone who would it be?
    3: Why?

4. zorell

zorell New Member

Jetta Sinclair from an as yet untitled piece. Jetta is an artist who uses funds from her career as a marketing consultant to fund her artistic passions. She's recently recruited her best friend, Oswald Lengzer, to ask his co-worker out on Jetta's behalf...

1. I want my artistic passion to one day be all I need "to pay the bills" as they say.
    2. I want to meet Zora Brinkley, my best friend's co-worker.
    3. Right now, it's because she hot and evidently smart (I saw her first in a group picture at Oz's house. They were receiving a geneticist's award and Oz says she's the team leader.) I think I'm in love:)

1. What are you up to?
    2. If you could go back five years into the past, would you change anything?
    3. What's the worst future you could imagine for yourself?

5. Gallowglass

1. Making sure Niall and Micheal don't come to blows...same as ever. Planning to get the army on the move by dawn, I'm expecting Keir's raiders to return and I don't want to be caught off-guard.
    2. I'd make sure Constantin never became Lord of the Isles and sold himself. Domhnall would have thanked me.
    3. A defeat.

1. What is your favourite place?
    2. What is your favourite food?
    3. Have you ever been on a birlinn?

6. zorell

zorell New Member

Still Jetta.

1. My favorite place has to be where ever I happen to have my blank canvas...Actually, it's the roof of my apartment building, I can see the entire Cincinnati skyline which I have made several attempts to capture on canvas. I should take up photography:)
    2. One word: empanadas! I loooove them!
    3. Um, I don't even know what a birlinn is...so I'm going to err on the safe side and say no.

1. Do you know what a birlinn is?
    2. Were you ever friends with your worst enemy?
    3. Could you really trust your closest acquaintance with your life?

7. MiwAuturu

MiwAuturu New Member

1: I think it's a type of boat.
    2: Yes, we were very close as children, even now we're not enemies by choice.
    3: A few weeks ago I could have said yes, now I just don't know.

1: If your soul could take shape what do you think would it be? (It could be any manner of creature, or inanimate object)
    2: Do you believe in a higher power?
    3: What is your biggest regret?

8. zorell

zorell New Member

Chrystal Waters (no, not that one) is a Syph, also known as a modified race of human being. She has an uncontrolled mutated sight which only leaves her blind when she is unconscious (she sees through EVERYTHING, her own eyelids included). She also has the ability to generate and manipulate fire. She is currently a student at the Fortress but intends to stay after her final matriculation so that she can teach under her idol, Headmistress Langley.

1. My soul would be an orb of pure white flame, true and dancing with life.
    2. I can't say that I have an opinion either way. It could be argued that a higher power believed the human race incapable of survival as it once existed and so we Syphs came about, each imbued with some strength that our non-Syph counterparts could never contain and often fell victim to yet we can control...but we Syphs could also be simple creatures that go against the very design of this higher being. I guess I'll don't really know.
    3. My biggest regret is taking the Headmistress position without first consulting Kat, she's going to kill me when she finds out...the worst thing you can do is piss off a woman who can literally yank the very oxygen from your lungs.

1. Have you ever defied the conventions of your society?
    2. What is the biggest thing you've ever done top disappoint yourself?
    3. Who is at the top of your "Hit List?"

9. Gallowglass

I'm using a new character this time. This is now Constantin MacGilleBridge Donnsliebhe, Tighearna nan Eileanan, who is inaugurated and signs a treaty with Clan Campbell, servants of the nearby Kingdom of Scotland, that effectively reduces his own Gaelic kingdom to a vassal state.

1. There are those that say I do. And they are right, in a way. I've not done anything to support the Gaelic world, but I represent its future. I have paved the way for peace when the Scottish king would take anything as a pretext for war, and although I purged the Council in the process, I think I am justified. If my people truly cling to their ways as much as the rebels would have me believe, then we'd have been destroyed a long time ago.
    2. I stepped into the footsteps of my ancestors at my inauguration, with full knowledge of my intentions to go against what they'd built. That was a disappointment, but perhaps the decision I made was right.
    3. I don't want to do any more than I already have done, but Seonaidh is a constant reminder that force is sometimes necessary. But I wouldn't want to have him executed, or assassinated. I've exiled him once before, and I still think that it should have been enough.

1. Do you have a code of honour that you stick to religiously?
    2. Have you ever been hunting?
    3. Do you have loyalty to a kinship group other than your family?

10. zorell

zorell New Member

Still as Chrystal Waters/Fire

1. I abide by the Syphs' Code of Conduct which grants me unlimited capabilities with my specialties so long as I do not use them to endanger those lacking specialties and also make an effort to teach young Syphs the magnitude and importance of their specialties both passive and aggressive. Because I pledged to abide by this Code, I risk consumption by my own fires should I deliberately and without duress choose to defy them.

2. No, but I've witnessed my girlfriend restrain an injured and frantic deer by turning the forest to her efforts.

3. I am loyal to the Syphs of the Fortress, they are people like myself raised outside of the families that could not handle their abilities. I am usually willing to sacrifice my own life for that of the current Headmaster or Headmistress.

1. Do immortals or living legends exist in your lands?
    2. What do you consider a "normal life?"
    3. What would you sacrifice for a "normal life?"

11. Gallowglass

I'm switching characters again. This time I'm Micheal, a well-travelled gallowglass (the gallowglass were an elite tribal mercenary caste), from Skye but with a lot of work in Ireland in the service of Irish kings during the Hebridean-sponsored Gaelic resurgence.

1. The Tuatha De Danann are in Ireland, and of course you have the mythology there. In Skye, you have kelpies, selkies, each-uisge, the usual assortment of Gaelic creatures. But I've not seen them myself!
    2. For a gallowglass? Education at a school teaching the Irish martial arts, and fighting alongside Templars in clan raids. Seems pretty standard to me.
    3. Nothing! I get to see the world, guard important people, and have free servants, tacks, beef, and the odd Irish castle which I can sell for a fortune and move on. And I enjoy the reputation the gallowglasses have. It's always nice being one of the best soldiers on a battlefield full of men of martial birth and heritage. Makes me feel...I don't know...successful.

1. Which hair colour do you have?
    2. Do you wish you could have Micheal's job?
    3. Do you have a martial birth?

12. zorell

zorell New Member

I'm switching to Katerina Lazner, Chry's girlfriend. Katerina is known as a Fressyph, or one who refuses to pledge to the code and the security of the Fortress. Her specialties are elemental (aggressive) and an involuntary glow with changing colors to reflect her mood.

1. Pitch black and proud to say so.
    2. No, I prefer my own life because I'm rather accustomed to my niche within it.
    3. I'd have to say that I don't have a martial birth but I am versed in my own forms of self-defense. When's the last time you saw a mugger make it through a solid wall of air?

1. Which is more important, blood or money? Why?
    2. Would you flee from a battle you were losing or would you fight to your inevitable death?
    3. Do you find it's better to have had and lost or to long for yet never attain?

13. MiwAuturu

MiwAuturu New Member

Still Harold Cheifson
    1: In almost any sense of the word blood is more important, I shall take it as meaning family though
    2: There is only one who could beat me, and we agrered to fight till the death when the inevitable battle comes.
    3: Had and lost, without this philosophyt I wouldn't be alive.

1: Are you more of a fighter or peacekeeper?
    2: Do you believe that fighting can lead to peace?
    3: Is there anybody that you would trust with everything.

14. zorell

zorell New Member

Still Kat.

1. I am more of a fighter which is a given since my mood is always on my sleeve and ironci because my fireball girlfriend is the peacekeeper in our relationship.
    2. Yes, sometimes you need to be able to vent every last thought no matter how caustic it is to another's feelings or ego so that it is at least said and can be worked on.
    3. I would trust Chrys with everything...I already have really...

1. Would you cheat death if you could?
    2. Is true strength in brains or brawn?
    3. Who would you kill to spare your own life?

15. Lalis

Lalis New Member

Still Lohanna.

1. I guess so. I can't imagine how sad it would make my sister Roxie if I died. She might as well die with me.

2. Brains, definitely. I'm not exactly a strong person, physically. Plus, all magic comes from the mind...

3. Gosh, nobody! It's supposed to go the other way around. Though I might make an exception for Carollus and Lexor, the mean angels who almost got me killed. But I sure as hell wouldn't kill them myself.

Now, Lari's questions for the next poster!

1) Would you rather do something you loved for no money or something you hated for loads of it?

2) What is more fun, the trip or the destination?

3) The world is coming to an end. You can only save one person besides yourself. Who would that be?

16. Kas

Kas New Member

Disclaimer:

My character is very rude and I accept no responsibility for how he answers your questions. :)redface:)

1. I do things that I love all the time. I don't often get payed for enjoying myself. It's called time off. The best paying jobs for a man of my qualifications tend to be unpleasant. So you're really just asking me if I would take a good opportunity or sit on my ass. No ****, huh?

2. That obviously depends on the experience. Maybe I'm sitting next to a guy with bad gas on the trip. My destination could be death row or a hooker in Vegas. What the hell kind of question is that?

3. The most attractive female I can find. What she gonna do?

Questions:

1. If you won the lottery, what would you do with it?

2. If you knew an easy cure for cancer, what would you do with it?

3. If you had to choose between a 30-year-long life of bliss and fantastic experience, or dying at the ripe old age of 110 having done nothing worthy of note, which would you choose?

17. zorell

zorell New Member

I'm going to use Zora Brinkley for this set of questions...she's Jetta's love interest. Also, Zora is an accomplished geneticist with a healthy literary appetite.

1. If I won the lottery, I donate my winnings to fund my team's current project because I was recently informed that we're going to lose thirty-five percent of our funding come next quarter.
    2.I'd apply it to out genetic study as well as see its affects on human RNA.
    3. I don't ever want to see one hundred which is completely contradictory to my career but I don't give a lick. I'll die happily at thirty please.

1. Who do you think you couldn't live without?
    2. What if you were forced to live without said person?
    3. What is worse, never fulfilling your dreams or fulfilling them at the cost of your dignity and integrity?

18. Gallowglass

I'm using Micheal again this time.

1. Ceallach, Niall's daughter, the Irish princess. It's more that she can't live without me, but that works both ways in this sort of situation.
    2. If that happened, her father would have something to do with it. So I'd kill him. It's poetic justice for what he's done to her over the years. And that he'd probably give me an army which I'd use to besiege his castle, thinking he's tricked me and that I'm still his gallowglass.
    3. Fulfilling them at the cost of your dignity and integrity. Those who do not fulfill their dreams but retain their honour do not need to dream, they exist with a level of understanding that few others could hope to reach, and that, in itself, is the only reward worth dreaming of.

1. Is there something controlling what we do, or can we make our own decisions?
    2. Are you open-minded, even to opinions you completely disagree with?
    3. Would you ever fight a war to protect something that's not physical?

19. zorell

zorell New Member

Katrina Hawthorne (her surname has changed since I last used her).

1. The only thing controlling us is ourselves. You make every choice you live with. I won't even believe in "gun to your head decisions" because you still had the choice to follow somebody else's whim so that you may live or follow your own morals to your death.
    2. If I wasn't, Chrys and I would have split long ago. I still do not understand how she pledges herself so blindly to the Fortress and its alliances. We have an understanding that she will not preach to me about the Fortress and I will not bitch to her about her lack of freedom.
    3. Yes, no right is tangible and yet every right is vital. I fight for the rights of Syphs both free and allied to live the lives they choose.

1. Would you agree with someone simply because he or she had a metaphorical gun to your head?
    2. Life is unsolicited and death inevitable, but what do you think of the "afterlife?"
    3. Who are the idols of your life?

20. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Johanna again

1. Yes. I'm operating under the assumption that I'm agreeing to an opinion or statement and not to an action. If it's an action then probably no, because any action extreme enough to nessecitate putting a gun to my head is likely to be something I wouldn't do under any circumstances.

2. I don't. If there is an afterlife then it wouldn't change my actions one bit because I don't squander my time or my life.

3. The professor in charge of my lab is the closest I have to an idol. I want to be like him.

1. If you had to choose between duty and honor which would you choose?

2. Do you believe in God?

3. How do you feel about your birthdays?

21. Lalis

Lalis New Member

[Oops. We posted at the same time!]

I'm going for Raya Mabelle this time; she's Lohanna's colleague and her best friend's cousin. Raya has a rebellious teen spirit and is often described as smug and cocky, which is enhanced - but not caused - by the fact that she's extremely beautiful.

1. Honor, definitely.

2. I believe in something bigger, but I don't have a name for it. Maybe it's God. Maybe we all name it something different.

3. I just LOVE my birthdays. My friends and I usually go dancing in the evening to celebrate; we have so much fun together! And the guys are a plus. There is some serious jaw-dropping when they see us dance...

Now, questions for your MC:

1) What do you do when you're sick? Do you curl up in bed all day or refuse to admit you're sick and just keep being hyperactive?

2) Surprise or routine?

3) What was your favorite childhood story?

22. Bick

Bick New Member

Character: Anja Boujinsky

1) "Hyper active? I don't think there is a moment in my life I'd be 'hyper' active. Active yeah. But when I'm sick, I'm one to mope and bitch around. What can I say? That's just how it is."
    2)"Surprise. Who wants to live life knowing what's going to happen day after day? Give that old ticker a surprise once in a while."
    3)"When I was about 10, it was a few days before my actual birthday but we had my birthday jig on the weekend before that because father could only get off then. One of my childhood friends, Brad comes over. Not many people my age came and even though he was already 13, he played with me. We played truth or dare. He dared me to drink a glass of this **** in a bottle. It was Vodka. I took the first drink and I spit it out but because I wasn't about to chicken out I gulped down an entire cup. I ended up falling asleep on him by the end of the night."

New Questions:
    1) What was your first pet?
    2) What are three things very few people know about you?
    3) What are your thoughts on money and fame?

23. Gallowglass

1. I was given a walrus by a Norse settler in Greenland once, but never kept it. I feel rather guilty about eating it, though.
    2. Now that's a hard one. Of course, I'm a mercenary, so I don't keep many secrets. I suppose only Niall knows that I know what he does to Ceallach, besides the girl herself. But that's my only secret, really, although depending on where I am I sometimes keep my knowledge of paganism secret.
    3. Money? Feudal? I don't get paid in money - it works better that way. Money doesn't exist in the Gaelic world. There is absolutely no need for it when you can exchange one thing for another and still become powerful. No fancy legislation. Fame? It helps me earn whatever I'm paid in.

1. Which country or nation do you most associate yourself with, or do you not really care about race and identity?
    2. Battleaxe or claymore?
    3. Have you ever killed anyone?

24. MiwAuturu

MiwAuturu New Member

I'm switching to Robert Cheifson, Harold's brother, a much more violent and quick tempered person.

1: I belong only to the tribe of the blademasters
    2: Claymore,although preferably I would wield a scimitar
    3: Not yet.

1: Would you kill someone for revenge?
    2: Do you see war as a nessesary evil?
    3: Do you have any religious views?

25. Lalis

Lalis New Member

I'm still going for Raya. She's a lot of fun to write, but definitely comes out a lot better in Portuguese.

1. Of course not! Tell some twisted little stories to make their life a bit harder at Seemore High, of course. But killing? That's just evil.

2. Sometimes you just have to fight for what you want. If getting a little rougher will grant you a wish, why not?

3. As I've said before, I believe in something bigger, but I don't have a name for it. Maybe it's God. Maybe we all name it something different.

Questions for you!

1) If you could be anyone you wanted for a whole week, who would that person be?

2) ... And would you make the change permanent if you could?

3) What is your favorite possession?