1. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Re-Introducing Myself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by platerawriter, Oct 8, 2013.

Hey Everyone! It's Bryan! Probably none of you remember me, but I joined in late July and was semi-active for a little while.

Since then, I've started school again and I really, really am trying to find motivation to work on my stuff. So I guess that's why I decided to return, attempts to become inspired again.

A little refresher about me:
    I'm 19 years old and from New York in the United States of America. I'm currently a freshman in college as well as a part-time tax clerk for a receiver of taxes department. I'm studying communications/journalism & creative writing at my university. I hope to be a journalist/reporter/columnist as well as a published author someday.
    I write fantasy fiction and short stories. My fantasy fiction has been in the form of a novel series. I started it in February, 2013 & am about 75% finished writing it (I literally write all my work out before I type it) and about 20% finished typing it. I hope that it will be a trilogy/three-novel series. Some of my friends who have read my book so far compare it to A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones. However, while I suppose it does have some similarities, I do believe it is also quite different.

Then, a very strange switch of gears, I'm also an LGBT author. My short stories are all coming of age, young adult to adult. They are based on my first-hand experiences and the first-hand experiences of my friends. However, I also switched things up a bit to not make anything overly personal.

I'm glad to be back and hopefully I will find the inspiration to get back into writing again! :)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I remember you well, Bryan. Welcome back. [​IMG]

platerawriter likes this.
  3. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Thank you! I think I remember you from the last time I was here :)

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I may not have been a mod yet during your last visit with us, and we were still on the old platform. I'm sure you'll have noticed that the forum has a new look. ;) We're still ironing down the corners, so if the occasional glitch pops up, please report it to us.

5. platerawriter

platerawriter Banned

Oh yeah, I do kinda notice that. It's a nice change. :)