Reasons why one nation may have firearms but another doesn't?

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by JadeX, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber <[:>)-|---< Contributor

Bolt action rifles were used by pretty much everybody up through WWII. It doesn't take long at all to get another round in the chamber.

2. Selbbin

Selbbin I hate you Contributor

They don't use guns because it's dishonorable. They just nuke the enemy instead. :p

Urocyon likes this.
  3. alpacinoutd

alpacinoutd Active Member

I come from Iran. The leaders in my country keep saying that they don't want wmds on religious grounds, but everyone and their mom knows they do! The economy has been decimated because of international sanctions imposed on the country for those programs. It's really unconscionable to starve your own people to develop those kinds of programs and antagonize the whole world.

4. Urocyon

Urocyon Member

This is more of a muzzle-loader issue than bolt action. A high rate of fire with a muzzle-loader is 3 shots per minute. For a bolt action like the M1917 Enfield, you can fire far more.

5. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor

I was referring to the act of hunting rather than the efficiency of the weapon itself. Hunting is mostly about patience and waiting for the perfect shot. If you miss your shot, the deer runs off. Maybe some people will fire at a running target, but I've always been taught that it's bad form and dangerous.