Religion Is It Mankinds Ultimate Weakness.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Night Haunter, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Frost

Frost Active Member

I know the one... I reckon it would make a cool band symbol.

2. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Why is it that people strongly believe, that if you do not sell your heart to one godly figure, you are doomed into eternal damnation?

3. trailer trash

trailer trash New Member

Religion is a very complex issue.

Divinelemon,

Because, some people are fanatical and can only look at religion in terms of subjective analysis. If they admitted that other possibilities existed beyond their own narrow minded viewpoint then they would be invalidating their own believe or at least questioning it to one degree or another.

Religion is a very complex issue. Psychologically it provides a security blanket against the question of our existence and the inevitable issue of death. And further for the more sophisticated minds in our society it acts as a way of controlling the populace to some degree.

So this is only a few reasons why some true believers feel it necessary to damn other to an existence in hell of which they themselves have no iota of evidence that it even exist in the first place.

Thanks for posting,

Trailer Trash

1 person likes this.
  4. Raven

Raven Banned

Trailer Trash i couldn't have put that any better.

There are so many of us on this globe and we all have different belief's. Its important for us all to recognise that.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Like I believe that I rule the higher plains of hte ninth level of 'heaven' and Raven is the ruler of the underworld.