1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Rudy Giuliani

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Republican Mock Primary

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Feb 11, 2008.

I figured it would be fun for us to have a little mock election here at the forum. So I got one organized! I figured that since the democratic race is still a toss up and the republican race isn’t quite locked up just yet I should start with primaries in order to replicate the full election process. I will post polls for both a Democratic and a Republican Primary so the members of the forum may choose their own candidates for the final race.

REPUBLICAN MOCK PRIMARIES

This is where we will hold our mock Republican Primaries. Unlike the real primaries you need not be a member of the Republican Party, a US citizen, or of voting age. If I held us to that we wouldn’t have much of an election now would we? All member from writingforums.org are free to participate in this event.

You have from 12:00 midnight (US Eastern Time) February 12, 2008-February 18, 2008 (One Week) to vote for the following Candidates:

John McCain
    Mike Huckabee
    Ron Paul
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson

NOTE: Not all of the above are still in the race. Since this is a mock primary it will run off the basis that no primaries have yet occurred and all major candidates are still in the race.

The highest-ranking candidate will go on to face the highest-ranking Democrat in our 2008 Mock Presidential Election! In case of a tie I will post up a second Mock only including those who tied. Hopefully the new votes from others whose candidates were beat will settle the tie. If not, and we still have a tie, we will flip a coin XD.

The Following Links are for your convenience:

John McCain
    Mitt Romney
    Rudy Giuliani
    Fred Thompson
    Ron Paul
    Mike Huckabee

If the Site requests sign-up you may skip this to proceed straight to the site where there is a issues tab providing each candidates stance on various issues in the US.

No replies are necessary for this event though you may feel free to speak. I will ask that no one ask anyone else who they voted for. If you wish to voice yourself who you voted for feel free! I will announce the winner at 12:00 midnight (US Eastern Time), Tuesday February 19, 2008.

As Clarification. I am counting midnight as the start of the next day. The polls will close after midnight US Eastern Time on Sunday the Nineteenth. The Final Mock Election will then be posted one hour later a 1:00 AM assuming there are no ties.

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

I was a supporter of Fred Thompson for a number of reasons based on his views and his goals if he were elected. He did not make the cut in the primaries. I will wait until the dust settles, but I doubt that I will vote for a democrat. The ones I would've supported are now out of the race.

3. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Yeeeeeeeeehaw! R3volution, baby!

4. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    I would've gone for the mormon if:
    A) I was old enough.
    B) He hadn't dropped out.

Now, the only choice is McCain.

5. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

McCain's a slightly less doofy version of Dubya. Any other differences between the two are purely superfluous.

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Well I think we've pretty much gotten in all the votes we're going to get. Two days and only one person has voted after the initial burst of votes from day one and two. Since it pretty much looks over I declare the winner as:

[​IMG]

RON PAUL!

Ron will move on to the final Mock Election this Sunday at midnight against Democratic Candidate Barack Obama. I invite all our voters to return in the final round to choose who WF.org wants as the next US president.