1. TheDragonNidhogg

TheDragonNidhogg New Member

Research for a setting

Discussion in 'Research' started by TheDragonNidhogg, Jul 17, 2020.

I am currently writing a story that is centered around an magic artifact that was found and studied by humans before it caused a gobal disaster. A second artifact is then found by a main character, in the ruins of a university. I am trying to decide were each parts of this story should be set. However, I am having trouble determining where I should specifically set the story.
    These are the basic guidelines in order of importance:
    - The artifacts in question were found in the United States.
    -The first artifact was a major find and was heavily studied at either a research center or a university.
    -The second artifact was a related by less important discovery that was sent to either the same location or a university/college for study.
    -The second artifact should be in or near a city and that city must be near a lake, or coastline.

I wanted know if there is a location that could believably fit this senario? I have tried looking for info, but I'm honestly not sure how the study of artifacts is structured.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. Lazaares

Lazaares Contributor Contributor

The Confederation of New England area suits your description. It's where the east coast's intelligentsia is centered, a coastline and with ample cities to choose from. The sheer age of the colonies there may also allow you to get away with "imported" artifacts that were brought to the US from Europe in the late 1600s.