Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Rhapsody (Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Oasis Writer, Apr 12, 2008.

Oasis Productions Presents

Characters so far:

Evan A. Del Blaine - Oasis Writer
    Naomi Kaiser - Terra Valentine
    Lucida - Leaka
    Sare - Milady
    Drake - chad.sims2
    Adelaide Bequem - Bick
    Adrastus Aleksandr - Darkthought
    Maeith - Dropbear_OZ
    Ramela Freelae - Neha
    Laramy Swift - Ferret
    Kiva Caerygin - Titania

Map has been created by a very good friend of mine ~ Icarus (All the credit! :D)

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is Trebildel as the whole continent. I have individual pictures of each area, but I don't want to post them all in this one thread. It's already massive.[/FONT]

Continent: Trebildel
    • Surrounded by water
    • Continents to the far east and to the far south
    Areas:
    • Freaval (North)
    • Bystral (Northeastern)
    • Blenversa (North)
    • Quelo (Northwestern)
    • Lootah (Northern Mountains)
    • Malnarcosus (Central – Capital)
    • Jubanumo (Eastern)
    • Leemaxus (Eastern)
    • Jevoo (Eastern)
    • Potornamus (Western)
    • Ghjiet (Western)
    • Noempla (Western/Central)
    • Greava (Central/Southern)
    • HavenValley (South – Desolate)
    • Kunookuo (South)
    • Kuon Island
      • (Those are merely territories. You can create any town, city, or village within these, as long as it applies to the role-play at hand. Contact myself first)
    Specs:
    • Role-play Fantasy
    • Notable Reference towards type of Role-play: Final Fantasy, Lord of the Rings
    • Older Times (At highest point, technology doesn’t advanced any further than our time)
    • Write the next part (abiding by the Forum rules)
    • No controlling other characters
    • First post, make and introduce your character (You may introduce them however you want, either in the format I used, or any other way you see fit.)
    • You may make your own race, color them however you want to, and make him however you want to (Dog woman, Cat man.) I’ll make races up at a later time.
    • Powers and weapons: You can have a maximum of two elemental powers and two weapons.
    • NO INVINCIBILITY OR ANY OTHER UNFAIR ASPECTS
    • Continue off however you want from the last post
    • Starting position in story is in Greava, although you may go off on another side story to explain how you got to Greava to keep the role-play going.
    • All questions should be directed to me
    • Communicate!
    • Length is no problem, short reply or long hand is fine.
    • Any questions should be sent to me through PM, or if you must ask….well…maybe I’ll make a discussion thread somewhere.
    • You may go off any post you see fit to, as long as it continues to progress the story.
    • All continuations must progress the story. No exceptions
    • READ ALL POSTS (or the last post well enough to keep the story flowing without having major holes in the plot)
    • No killing off any character. Those that leave are welcome to come back.
    • Enjoy. This is for fun, so take it serious but enjoy doing so.

• Flaming, insults, or any other types of harshness that is deliberately trying to hurt someone else’s feelings will not be tolerated at all, nor anywhere on the Forums.
    Realism:

Sure, this is fantasy. Fantasy implies that you can do whatever you want, right?

Not quite.

In Lord of the Rings, you do not see Gandalf summoning 999,999,999 huge dragons to kill the entire world. You do not see Sauron moving continents around with his pinkie finger. You do not see Frodo slaughter millions of people with a single swoop of his sword.

Which brings us to the guidelines:

Do not god-mode

Please don't make your character too powerful. Unless this is the Game Master creating some weird evil boss for the entire campaign, please avoid making your character overly powerful or godlike. Creating overpowered characters removes a lot of fun one can have while role-playing. Please consider the other participants. What fun is a story without some struggle? Take your GM's advice.

Know Your Place

Usually, characters will be split up into main characters and supporting characters. Main characters are crucial to the story, and everyone instead of the player that created it sometimes decides their actions, unless noted otherwise by the maker of the thread. Supporting characters are also crucial; they add spice to the story and make it much more complex and interesting. However, supporting characters aren't central to the story, and should refrain from affecting the storyline too much.

If you are a main character, please remain active in the storyline and don't fall back into a supporting character. If you are a supporting character, please don't overstep your bounds and try to be a main character. Know your place as assigned to you to keep things smooth. Anyone can be a main character, but if you are lackadaisical, you may end up falling into a supporting character role.

Be In Character

If you are stuck for a character profile at the beginning of the game, you may be able to make one up as you go, depending on what the maker of the thread prefers. Build up a general sense of the character's personality, and stick to it. Please don't act randomly out of character all the time. Your personality traits and other things to note should be typed up in your Character Sheet/Profile that is made in your first thread and made known to your supporting writers before the game begins. If we continue to have more profiles, a thread for a Character Sheet will be made.

If you need to temporarily "use" someone else's character to get the story moving, please make sure to do it so that everyone acts the way they normally would! As well, if you do this, the User must know of this, and full well understand. There is no controlling another character (killing them, or having them do something that the User-Author wouldn't do themselves.)

Be Active in the OOC Thread

Please communicate with everyone in the OOC thread if one is made! Communicate, communicate, and communicate. So many of the world's problems would be solved if everyone did this. If you are planning anything major, do not hesitate to post about it in the OOC thread. If you surprise people, they will not understand.

Keep an Open Mind

If someone requests you to change something you did, or criticizes something you did, please try not to get automatically defensive and angry. Problems are best worked out with empathy on both sides, and no one can improve without criticism. Please remember to be courteous to everyone, and really try to listen to what they are saying. Remember the golden rule: do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. If you like to be taken seriously and have your opinions respected and listened to, then please do the same for others, it is only common courtesy. For our thread, if you use dialogue or an action that is very big in the story (someone kills someone, etcetera) you need to send your post to the person you are using. For instance, if you make me kill someone in the thread, I want to see it before you send it because maybe my guy is a natural activist. Check with them first.

Datasheet:

Time for the story! :D

Name: Del Blaine, Evan A. (Amaryllis)
    Notable Aliases: Eve,
    Race: Vermilia
    Birthplace: Greava
    Eyes: Red, White
    Hair: Long platinum blonde/white hair
    Height: 1.8288 meters (6 feet)
    Weight: 83.9145885 kilograms (185 pounds)

Family:
    • Parents: Unknown
    • Siblings: No records
    • Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): No Genetic Therapy ever preformed on body
    • Wife: Never revealed
    • Descendants: N/A
    Attire: Black fatigues
    Weapon of Choice: Sword
    Weapon Description: A simplistic blade made in the North
    Notable Powers: No magic of the Elf, but has strong characteristics that make him a good leader.
    Description: Looks like another Humia (Human of the West), even though his race is Vermilia of the North. Nothing specifically special about him. Past is unknown. Was a warrior and assassin, but lost memory in the great war. Very shy, does have an attitude.

{Green is entry points for the writer, since I'm the game master, I want to make it obviously.}

The Greava Territory was one of the largest establishments in the world at that point in time; mostly because it was situated along the banks of the Lootah River: the only major water source within miles. The Lootah flowed down from the mountains to the north, and emptied into the ocean located sixty miles south of Greava. The area was advantageous because of its moisture, it would cause several different climate changes in the terrain, which attracted all of the races: both the good, and of the evil ones, because everybody needs water. Naturally, this causes clashes every now and then when the separate civilizations collide.

Although the territory of Greava was excessively large, the town itself was a small; housing district where the simple clay and dirt houses could be built and located. They were usually one roomed and contained little. There was also a few markets, including shops for any item, two inns, and several restaurants. Their futile attempts to keep the evil out consisted of a twenty-foot high wall, two gates to the north and south of the city, and an army that exceeded twenty thousand soldiers, which was smaller than normal compared to the surrounding armies in other districts.

It is February, and the winter has not been kind on Greava. In the last week, there has been four feet of unrelenting snow, and the skies are just now starting to clear, which should call for the inns to gradually empty as the travelers leave on their ways, resuming whatever task they were doing before. The sun is at its highest point and at its warmest that it would get to today at twelve degrees. Ominous clouds are gathering to the north and should move southwards to batter the region with more snow in the coming hours, but at the moment it’s a break between spats of precipitation.

It didn’t take long for Evan to leave his small abyss on the outskirts of Greava once he had noticed the minimal change in the weather. Although the sun was beaming its rays, it was still far too cold for his likings. He picked up his feet, running back into the village. Even though the Greava Territory was one of the biggest, the village never seemed to change, which was discouraging for Evan. He wanted adventure!

Maybe his chance was coming.

After the exercise of merely treading through the snow into town, he had noticed the first change to the town in almost a century. Travelers in large quantities, several hundreds of them, most of them either exiting from a wagon that was pulled by the mighty beasts of the North or from stallions of white; most exiting the winter by walking into the several inns, pubs, markets, and other establishments.

Evan approached the nearest pub to him, hoping that the barkeep would have any answers to the strange visitors.

What had happened in the North that had forced so many to Greava? Evan had thought the Great War had ended, but he could have been mistaken, for news traveled slowly to Greava. Why would the Territory allow so many visitors was another good question that boggled his mind. Was there something wrong with the security at the Wall, or was it intentional and if so, what about the wicked that always seemed to enter with travelers?

Evan entered the pub, finding it full of costumers, but always in her spot, was his favorite barkeep, Jennifer. As Evan walked towards Jennifer, who was behind the bar, mixing several different drinks at mach speed, he was stopped by someone, who had grabbed his coat sleeve. Ever alert and vigilant, Evan turned around, unexpectedly meeting friendly eyes.

1 person likes this.
  2. Raven

Raven Banned

Game Approved.

~Raven.
    Senior Super Moderator.

3. Terra Valentine

Terra Valentine New Member

Cont.

Name: Naomi Kaiser
    Notable Aliases: "The Dark One"
    Race: Vampire
    Birthplace: Unknown
    Eyes: Violet
    Hair: Black
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 120
    Family: Unknown
    Parents: Creator has long since been destroyed.
    Siblings: All other vampire beings.
    Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): N/A
    Descendants: N/A
    Attire: Black cloak
    Weapon of Choice (Max of two): Teeth, Katana
    Weapon Description: Black with red trim hilt and sheath
    Notable Powers (Max of two): Slightly telepathic, calming effects
    Description: Creature keeps to its own. Not much known about it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be a soldier. They used my abilities to help Greava keep the evil out. I wasn't a very high rank, but still an important part of the army. Before the Army started to change as well. Before they turned evil themselves.

The evil still seemed to reach the city, however.

There had been a small breach late one night and a few of my comrads and I went to resolve the issue. Only a few of us survived, but it pushed them back out of the city. That was the night I was changed. Though, I didn't like to think about it.

I was a traveler now; old and tired. Old for my kind, anway. I didn't look a day over 27. That was one of the perks of vampirism. Endless beauty. Though no one ever stopped looking at me and it bothered me some. The whispers that followed you everywhere you went. You couldn't stay in one place too long, either. Couldn't risk familiarity past a half generation. Too many questions, too many questions.

It was here that I liked to spend my time now. In the pub near the center of the city. I enjoyed watching the travelers enter and speak to each other. I listened to their thoughts.

This man was different however. He didn't seem to have thoughts. He just seemed to exist. I begged to know what he was; what had happened to him.

I had seen him walk by and had assumed my natural instinct to eavesdrop on his thoughts. Yet there was nothing. I quickly caught him by the arm and glared into his eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked, full of menace. I waited for a response.

1 person likes this.
  4. Oasis Writer

It took me a minute to realize what this person had said to me. She was wearing a black cloak and was only a few inches shorter than me, but instantly, my stomach turned. She was beautiful, but too beautiful. My free arm floated to my pocket, my hand gripping the pendent I had in there.

“I’m sorry, milady,” I started, trying to look away. “You must have me mistaken for another.”

Her grip was immensely tight around my arm, but I held strong. I wasn’t weak, but something about her was unnatural. An abundant amount of strength didn’t fall upon many of the female kind. Her complexion and anger in her eyes gave me a feeling she had been from the North, though I couldn’t be certain. Her eyes were a radiant violet.

I pulled my arm, her iron grip releasing me finally. I could see the words forming in her mouth, but I heard nothing. I double-took the area around me and moved towards the counter without a second glance back. I would have to admit, I was always a shy one. I grabbed my arm and rubbed it slightly as I made my way, though I could still feel her stare burning through the back of my skull.

I sat down and looked at Jennifer. Her eyes were floating quickly around the room. Her anxiety was unwelcoming.

“What is it?” I asked, already knowing the answer somewhere deep in my mind.

“Too much tourism for this time of year.”

I agreed. There was no way this many people could be coming to Greava on holiday. With the snow as bad as it had been lately, there would be no benefit.

“Who was that girl you were talking to?” she asked as I stared down the counter at numerous glasses full of alcoholic drinks.

“I don’t know.” I admitted, “she’s got an fanciful grip however.”

“She seems familiar. She come in with the wagons or reside here?”

I shook my head. For some reason, I could feel two people’s presence that burdened my thoughts. The mysterious girl and the thought of one more person as the door swung open and then entering, a line of tourists. I stood slowly, hearing a sound that stung my heart and mind, and yet, I knew nothing of this sound before.

I turned to the door.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Name: Lucida
    Notable Aliases: "The Drifting Time"
    Race: Elf
    Birthplace: Forest land of Leemaxus
    Eyes: goldne silver
    Hair: long platinum blond
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 99
    Family: Uknown(elf town destroyed)
    Parents: Juxican the leader of the elves
    Siblings: None
    Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): N/A
    Wife: Not married
    Descendants: N/A
    Attire: White silk robe with golden embroidery
    Weapon of Choice (Max of two): magic staff
    Weapon Description: steel thin hanlde, a rose holding a crystal orb,
    Notable Powers (Max of two): Healing
    Description: An elf who wonders through the forest and watches the wars. His family has been long since destroyed. He wants general peace through out the world.
    ------------------

2 people like this.
  6. Milady

Milady Active Member

Name: Sare
    Notable Aliases: "Lostling", "Snippet"
    Race: Presumably human
    Birthplace: Unknown, but raised in desolate Haven Valley.
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: red-blonde
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 98
    Family: Adopted by a childless couple of a survivalist tribe in Haven Valley
    Parents: Aka and Hal Mayre
    Siblings: None
    Genealogical Descendants (Same DNA): Unknown
    Descendants:
    Attire: A simple long-sleeved shirt or tunic and thin leggings. Also usually wears a necklace made of shells or beads.
    Weapon of Choice (Max of two): Small daggar and sling
    Weapon Description: The dagger was given to her by Hal Mayre, her adopted father. It would have gone to his first son, but he had no biological children, and thus gave it to Sare. It has a thin blade with a considerable nick near the silver hilt. The sling is made of softened leather.
    Notable Powers (Max of two):Sare has incredible luck and the uncanny ability to blend into the background.
    Description: Found abandoned as a toddler in the harshest part of Haven Valley, Sare hasn't ever fit in with the other tribe children. Curious and uncanny, she tags along with "interesting" adults. She'll probably end up a supporting character because of her age.
    ---------
    ---------

Sare stood barefoot on the street, shivering. It was cold in Geava, even more than back in the valley. Then again, the world was always cold to strangers. All the world except for the Family. And the Family's kindness may have been its undoing.

The closeness of the city fascinated her. It was nothing like far-out space and privacy of the Valley. Here the people's houses were crushed together and people scurried about like ants from a desecrated anthill. Sare could smell the frenzy, the subtle panic beneath this divided unity.

She started to peoplewatch, noting the travelers who stopped in a nearby pub. One person, or rather two, in particular caught her interest. One, a woman with strange purple eyes, stood close to a tall man with the whitest hair Sare had ever seen. They spoke briefly inside the pub, then the woman disappeared into the crowd and the man went to a table in the back.

Sare left her wagon and stepped inside the pub. She searched out the pale-haired man, but just as she started to tug at his arm, she heard a sound. A hateful sound. A sound that made the hairs on her arms and neck stand on end. And it scared her.

She grabbed the pale-haired man's wrist and looked up at him, wide-eyed.

"What was that?"

2 people like this.
  7. Oasis Writer

I looked away from the door to see a child holding my wrist. I grimaced and looked back at the door, just to turn to the child again. I wasn't used to seeing children. Something was going on outside and was moving towards us, and I had no thought to help protect a child. I sighed, biting my lower lip before bending toward the child.

"Nothing, lass, now let us be on our way. Please, hurry. We mustn't be here much longer."

I stood up full height and pulled the child by the arm away from the pub; the girl in black still staring at me with bright violet eyes. I sent no thought her way and moved on towards the back entrance of the pub to rid myself and the child of the oncoming terror.

8. Terra Valentine

Cont.

I let the man pull himself away from me, but my curiosity lingered on his back. Who was this stranger whose thoughts I could not read? I had to know, but as I began to make my way back to him a child grabbed his wrist in terrible fright. I stopped. No use in endangering a child. I turned and left the pub.

I would be back.

I headed down the road a few odd miles until I reached what looked like desolate and deserted cottage. Here I would wait until I could collect my thoughts and wait for the return of the man at the pub.

I hoped that he wouldn't leave too soon.

I turned the handle and stepped inside to met a pair of beautiful eyes that I had not been expecting. I smiled.

9. Oasis Writer

I picked the child up as I exited the bar. I wouldn't drag a child through the snow without shoes on. I looked left towards the street to see many people walking around, more carrying swords than I would like. No one was fighting, but the extra noise was discomforting. Something on the inside told me to leave. I looked at the child but she was burying her face into my chest.

“Where do you reside, dear?”

There was no answer. It was rather cold, so I let it be. I looked towards the cottages that were around. I knew most of all the regulars and where they lived, so she must be an outskirts resident. I walked around the back of the pub and made my towards some of the cottages that were a few miles out. She was starting to shiver, so I pulled my jacket over her.

“Do you think a bigger storm is coming?” I asked her, thinking she wouldn't understand what I was thinking without further explanation. “Hmm....I don't know. Tourists with weapons always made me uncomfortable.”

I looked towards a few cottages that were further out. I could see a group of people heading towards a single cottage, being lead by a figure I couldn't see that well. They all carried swords. The group stopped before the cottage while the leader went to the door.

The child whimpered against me. I looked down, then turned from the scene. Search parties always turned me away. I lifted my foot and made haste for a different location.

10. Terra Valentine

My friend from many years ago looked me deep in the eyes. I couldn't help but smile. I had missed them terribly. They had been one of the few who had helped me thorugh my transformation. The smile they returned to me wasn't a friendly smile, however. It was a smug one, like I had just fallen into an epic plan.

I had.

At that moment a group of people carrying swords on their backs came through the door where I had been standing. I turned and saw that they were bloodsuckers like myself, but did not follow the same lifestyles as I. Their eyes were a filthy blood red and their fangs hung out over their bottom lips.

"You're just in time."

11. Oasis Writer

As I made my way back to the town, I noticed something I hadn’t before. Smoke in the sky. I couldn’t figure out what was going on, but I could smell disaster, see it, and as I got closer, I could hear it.

The roaring flames…

The screams…

I cradled the child tighter, looking at the disaster as I made my way around the town so I wouldn’t be seen.

“You’ll be safe at my home. Just hold on, dear.”

I stomped through the snow towards the inferno.

12. Terra Valentine

The vampires edged closer to me. I backed away slowly. They merely smiled showing off their perfectly white fangs.

A smell wafted through the air at this time. Whatever it was, the vampire clan crinkled their noses. Fury flew across their faces.

"We'll be back," the leader said an with that, they left the cottage.

I stepped outside after them, but they had already gone. I turned to look at the direction of the smell. It smelled faintly of burning flesh, but I couldn't be sure. I ran swiftly toward the flames in the distance.

And there standing, watching the burning pile of corpses were two familiar faces.

The stranger from the pub and the little girl lying unconscience in his arms.

Next to them, however, was a hooded figure. It was not familiar.

13. Milady

Milady Active Member

Sare clung tight to the man as he carried her out of the pub. She didn't know where he was taking her, but so long as it was far away from whatever had made that noise she was ameanable.

Out in the cold again, the man asked her, "Where do you reside, dear?"

Sare opened her mouth to answer, "Haven Valley", but suddenly remembered the Bad Ones that had taken the Valley away from her and the Family. She lived nowhere now. All her posessions were locked away in a little trunk on her parents' wagon.

Sare started. Her parents! They probably wouldn't be too worried to find her missing again--she wandered off often, even back at the valley--but what if whatever made the noise found them? She licked her lips to ask the man about it, but a scream broke through the silent snowfall and Sare choked on a sudden waft of smoke from a far-away fire.

The man said something, but Sare wasn't listening. She squirmed a little and shot her hand into her leggings, where she could feel her dagger laying against her leg where her mother had tied it. Reassured, she looked up toward the blaze they were so rapidly approaching and saw the dark lady from before. The lady's purple eyes were widened and focused on something over the man's shoulder. Sare turned to look--and screamed.

There, hooded in a black shroud, was a Bad One.

14. Oasis Writer

As we neared Greava, the smell of burning flesh became stronger. I pressed closer on the child, whom had begun mumbling gently to herself, too gently for me to hear. She was shifting a lot more, but I held her tightly to make sure she was warm. I stopped, the air changing around me, the sounds changing beside me.

I stood there in silence for several moments. I could feel stares, and I could feel a presence, but I wasn’t sure if I should rely on them. I could not fight in the condition I was. I wouldn’t put this child in danger. The flames grew closer to the furthest ends of Greava. If they continued, I was going to have to run. I could not let them get to my home until I had grabbed it.

My sword was still in its place, but I could not grab it if I was going to fight anything that was attacking. With the world at war, I was sure this was done by Malnarcosus but I would have no evidence, nor would it matter. Haven Valley was destroyed before by the elemenetals of Leemaxus and Jevoo years before. Greava was a little price to pay in Malnarcosus’ eyes.

Finally, I grew the strength to ask.

“Do you have a name?”

I stared at the flames as I heard a silent laugh. I could not tell if it was a male or female, but I could tell it was one I had heard before, in a life I could no longer remember. I needed to know. I pulled the child closer.

“Do you have a name?”

15. Milady

Milady Active Member

Of course it didn't have a name, Sare thought. Shouldn't he know that? But he hadn't been in the valley, hadn't been there to see the Bad Ones creep in, one by one. He hadn't seen the stranger the Family had picked up from the desert summon them to him. He hadn't seen the--

But he had. Here was the corpse fire to prove it. The bad things that had happened in the valley and had driven the Family to Greava were happening here now. They might have happened in other places, to other people. But this time, even though she hadn't been able to do anything about them before, she was not going to stand for it now. Sare grasped her dagger and squirmed so that she could see the figure clearly--or as clearly as possible.

It didn't look solid, but she could always hope. She slid out of the man's grip. Catching her balance, she held her blade aloft. And charged.

Something grabbed her.

16. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Name: Drake
    Race: Darkling (Human in appearance but with black eyes. Hunted and killed due to thier own refusal to blend with human society)
    Birthplace: Unknown
    Eyes: Black
    Hair: Long Black
    Height: 3ft
    Weight: 50 Ib
    Family: None
    Attire: Worn rags falling apart, original color undesiferable,
    Weapon: Carveing knife
    Weapon Discription: Small, steel knife
    Notable powers: Can bring life to figures and statues (Bigger they are the more it drains him)
    Discription: The last of a proud race he refuses anything offered for free, and has a slight hatred of the world. His only companion a one foot long talking blue dragon he'd brought to life from a figure he had carved. (Dragon's name is Aquarius, Has no breath weapon)
    ------------------------------

My mind told me to just stay in the alley and everything would work out, but my instincts told me that I was in danger. Aquarius stood on my shoulder as I crept to the enterence, knife held up and ready.
    "We should get out of here." hewhispered

2 people like this.
  17. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Not until I see whats going on" I replied to Aquarius. Slowly I poked my head out, knife in front as if it where a shield. I saw just outside the gate, a young girl, a man and a cloaked figure that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Ok, you looked lets go." Aquarius, said I could feel him tense as he poked his head out with me.

"No." I said firmly and more than a little loud. For an moment I felt the figure notice me before returning to it's curent prey, or thats how it felt to me.

"It's to late now." Aquarius, said stating what I thought. I was already found and I would not die running, I would give it my all to take it with me. I stepped out so I was in full view, held my knife up in shaking hands, and put on my ferociousest scowl. Again it only glanced and I swore I felt amusement coming from it.

18. Oasis Writer

Too many things were happening at once. The girl had slipped from my grasp and ran towards the cloaked figure and was carrying a dagger, a boy had appeared from the walled gates with a dagger as well, I could hear footsteps behind me, and I could see the figure moving faster than most could react. It finally turned into a test of my agility. With my left hand reaching for my sword, I threw my right hand around the child’s arm and tugged her back violently, throwing her behind me into the snow several feet back.

I swung the sword at the figure that was now moving quickly to where the child had been. I wasn’t fast enough.

I barely got my sword up to block myself when a force through me back. After sliding through the snow, still standing, I looked in front of me. I was lucky; the sword blocked me but the attacks were still coming. I swung hard and through at the figure, but it swooped around my blade flawlessly. The ultimate defense, in my opinion:

No body.

I had seen something like this before, but it still threw me aback. It wasn’t possible, in my mind. I swung several more times, warding it off momentarily so I could focus on the child behind me, and the child by the gate, who was now coming towards us.

From my right, the girl from the pub was running extremely fast towards me. It took me a second to remember what I was doing. The speed of everything around me was a distraction. The girl ran for the figure again, this time slipping by me. I couldn’t let anything happen to her. I felt obligated. I moved after her before seeing something unbelievable happen.

The lady from the pub pounced upon the clocked shadow from several yards away, giving me time to grab the child by the arm once more; this time pulling her up into my arms again and looking at the site. The woman tore apart the clock viciously, but nothing seemed to be happening. Maybe something was, but I didn’t want to figure it out. I holstered my sword and ran for the town. Fire seemed more comforting than this.

As I ran towards the town, the boy was a lot closer. He was whispering something to himself, and had stopped running. He wasn’t that big, but he had something to him that felt like strength. Right now, I was clearing him by three feet and we needed to run, somewhere. I sighed, picked him up in my free arm and moved. I don’t think he’d mind getting away faster.

I moved as quickly as I could towards the gate when something new appeared. Shadowed figures were floating atop the buildings, and down the street. Before, I was moving as fast as I could, but now, I felt like I was the slowest things in the world. I looked at the children in my arms and sighed.

“You’ll be safe, guys, I promise.”

The boy whispered something, and I could have sworn I heard a third voice, but I didn’t pay much attention. The girl did say something, but I couldn’t hear her. The boy responded. I felt out of the loop, but it was fine. The figures had noticed me and were starting to float towards me.

“You’re going to have to run soon, guys, okay?” I said to them. I felt bad letting them run free by themselves but I was going to have to defend them.

I set both of them down, and took a step past them so they were behind me. I pulled out my sword and held it in the best position I could. I looked behind me to see the girl from the bar making her way towards me. A little back up, I guess. I looked at the gate once again and got ready for the attack.

19. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Things happened to, fast. The cloaked thing lounged at the man, who through some magic managed to fight back against the blurred movements.

I had hardly noticed the girl getting back up when a strange woman subdued the cloaked thing, and t he man was headed my way fast.

"What now?" I asked Aquarious but never got an anwser. The next thing I knew it felt like I was ripped into the air by an eagle. As surprised as I was to carried the stop was scary, it meant something was in the way.

I heard the mans attempt to console but was more worried about Aquarious. "Are you ok?" Iasked him as i looked at the new holes in my clothes.

"Better than him." He said motioning to the new cloaked things approaching.

"Great saved me from the pot, and ran into the fire." I said as I look thoughtfully at a statue of some long dead hero.

20. Milady

Milady Active Member

It didn't work. It didn't work. Sare hung miserably in the man's arms, still clutching the dagger. She hardly noticed when the man stooped to scoop up some boy.

The boy whispered something.

"What?" Sare said, but the boy looked at her sharply, as if he wasn't talking to her. She watched the strange boy another moment and caught a glimpse of a blue serpentine creature poking its nose out of his clothes. It was talking. Seeing her interest, the boy said something in explanation, but Sare didn't notice because the man stopped.

"You're going to have to run away soon guys, okay?" the man said and deposited them both--or, rather, all three of them--on the ground. He held his sword aloft and strode away from them.

Sare noticed the man had stopped refering to her as "Lass" or "Dear". He sounded scared. She would have to help him, then. He had, after all, saved her from the Noise at the pub and from the Bad One back by the fire. She looked for help from the boy, but he was talking to the snakey thing again and looking at some statue. Very well, then. She tightened her grip on her dagger again and stumbled after the man.

They both stopped up ahead. The other Bad Ones that flitted atop the buildings hadn't noticed them yet; they seemed to be focusing apon the Dark Lady and the first Bad One. It looked like the Bad One was winning, and then suddenly it jerked back as if injured. Enraged, the shadowy figures swooped down on the pair from above. The air was so thick with them, it could be cut with a knife. Hopefully. Moving a safe distance away from the boy or the man, Sare slashed at them wildly. She wished for a moment that she had brought her sling with her, but soon she was whirled into a maelstrom of slashing and dodging, sometimes making contact but more often passing through.

Sounds of struggle came from behind her. The others must be fighting, too.

21. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I felt bad for a second before, returning my attention back to the statue. A man in full plate, with a sword on his shoulder. "I hope this works." I said softly and took off at a fast walk towards the statue.

As i reached it I heard a sound and started to glance back when Aquarious chimed in "Run for it." I didn't question him, I just ran. Hand out stretched I forsed the magic though me in to that hand. The sound of some ghastly creature moments behind me.

I felt stone, and the magic now being sucked out of me. My body tenced I looked back, the blade was desending, my death near, and the sound of metal on metal rang, as the flow of magic stopped.

"What a low beast to pick on a child." A deep, strong voice spoke. I recognised the cold steel that my hand now touched, and smiled.

The mighty hero threw aside the things blade and with deadly beauty sank his broad sword into the creature. At least I thought he had but it appeared unphased.

What followed was to fast for me to keep up with.

22. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

The hero stumbled for a second, recovered his balance and decapitated the creature. "Damned beast knows how to fight." he swore and turned his attention to the girl. He ran at the distracted creature andcut it down where the spine should have been if it was human.

"We should go." Aquarious said but I just groaned as I stood up that if the girl could fight so could I. "Fight you can bearly stand." he retorted ,and he was right.

23. Oasis Writer

My swings were very weak, and I was starting to lose sight of what was really going on. The girl was trying to fight, and the boy had brought to life a stone of a guy I had never seen before. It didn’t bother me much because he was fighting for us, but it caused confusion on the battlefield that I was not expecting.

The lady from the pub had gotten here and was making her fight against the cloaked figures, and winning, to what it seemed.

I, unfortunately, was lost. It was the darkest part of the night, and the area was only lightened by the flames in Greava. I sighed as I swung once again, hoping to catch something.

The light from the sky started to rise moments later. It wasn’t instantaneous, but the sun rise was breaking the horizon, and the night turned to morning. I looked up at the sunrise for a moment, before looking back for an enemy.

An enemy that wasn’t apparent anymore?

I lowered my sword, looking left and right but saw nothing. The town was still in flames, but the figures had disappeared.

“What the…” I whispered to myself. The girl reached my side, and besides her was the boy and a blue dragon on his shoulder. I jumped at the sight and swung my fist at the small dragon, but the boy jumped away and protected it. I subsided and left him be.

Behind me, the girl from the pub was walking towards me, and the person that had helped us turned back to stone. It confused me, but most magic did. Being a non-user, I wouldn’t know much about it.

I looked down at the children besides me and sighed. Another crazy day in Greava.

24. Oasis Writer

chad's post

The man looked down at me as if he was better than me, I hadn't seen him do much back their. Plus attacking Aquarious, the man was inferiating.

"Sorry for swinging at the dragon. I thought he was attacking. My apologizes. Is he your guardian or something, son?" SON! "I thought to myself angrily.

"No actually, he's my companion." I said as adultly as I could, but I could, feel the scowl on my face.

"Aw, I see. So, where are you from?"

"Around." I said quietly embarrassed to not know myself.

"Hmm...well, you haven't said your name yet, lad, or your dragon's name, for that matter. Mind?"

"Neather have you." i pointed out before Aquarious chimed in.

"I'm Aquarious and he's Drake." With a voice just slightly to happy.

"Hmm" He said with a confident smile before turning his attention to the girl. "And you, dear? What's your name?"

I was to tired to argue so i just took a seat on the ground and looked up at the hero statue's chest which was sliced open. "To bad, I liked him." Aquarious said softly.

25. Oasis Writer

My post (Going to take this from a different perspective)

I begin to ask the girl my first question, but something distracts me. I look towards the town, remembering I had a mission. I needed it from my house. The fire was spreading fast. It pulled my attention too well, because the children didn't matter in my mind. It was all I had left of my past. I looked at the children and the dragon.

"I'll be back. Be safe."

I ran off as quickly as I could towards the flames. I needed it too badly. Too many lines in my head repeated themselves as I thought about the item. It reminded me of an angel from the underworld, or a devil from paradise. It was all I had left and it owned me.

I was midway through Greava when I heard laughter. I slowed down, looking around when I noticed someone near a building I was passing. Whomever it was, they were leaning against it, looking down towards the snow.

I hadn't the time for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.