Role Play General Chat

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Raven, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Bone2pick

Bone2pick Contributor Contributor

Really, without even knowing what it is? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have early interest.

2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Nefarious Flamingo Contributor

I join anything, really. If I'm not good at it, I learn. I mean, hell, the only other roleplay going on here right now is a one-on-one fantasy romance/somewhat erotica. None of which I've ever wrote before. It's all just good practice really.

I'm too busy to make my own game, but I don't give up on anything really, so you never really need to worry about me forgetting to post. I tried to save the last few on here by keeping them busy.

Make a game, I'll play.

Bone2pick likes this.
  3. Bone2pick

That's good to hear. :) I go pretty deep with worldbuilding, maps, story arcs, and NPCs in my roleplays, so it'll likely take another month before I have everything squared away. But I have the synopsis/pitch finished. I could PM it to you to look over now if you'd like?

4. EFMingo

If you would like, but I'm game with pretty much anything and pretty versatile. If you do, I'll create a character based on the environment you have at this time and send it over to you after a while. Takes me a week to make a character usually. I like creating a history for them to build from.

5. Bone2pick

In my case, players won't just create a character, they'll create a civilization. I'm working on a fantasy city-state roleplay where players grow and govern their factions, explore their unusual environment, manage their resources, and navigate inter-player politics.

6. EFMingo

Excellent. I'm very interested.

This is a bit different than I am used to. Usually I do the play-by-post single character stories. Probably good it isn't for another few weeks because I'll need to learn how to play this type of RPG. Sounds exciting though.

Bone2pick likes this.
  7. Katibel

Katibel Member

Ah, I was considering starting a new RP too and was hoping to see a smidgen more activity!

Still, anyone intrigued by the idea of a role play that is both a writing challenge and "social experiment"? Not that I consider myself any sort of scientist, just sounded fun. The idea behind it is to fill the shoes of a character you don't know beforehand and play them how you think they should be from within their situation in the story, with or against player characters who may not only be strangers but also have roles only the other player is aware of.

Would only have the immediate settings and each person's own character sheets to reference for the sake of deducing info. Story-wise, it's a bit like a murder mystery.

Fantasy setting with adventure, political intrigue, war, romance, betrayal, some horror, etc. I have a fairly complicated plot already worked out.

EFMingo likes this.
  8. EFMingo

@Katibel @Bone2pick

Just checking up to see if either of you are still planning on posting up an RPG to start on here. Both of yours are pretty interesting, and I could handle playing both simultaneously well if either or both of you feel like starting up your projects. Just let me know.

9. Bone2pick

I'm currently busy with other projects, so I'm going to shelve my roleplay for a while.

10. EFMingo

That's alright, thanks for letting me know.

11. Katibel

Katibel Member

Hiya! :) I probably won't be starting my RPG here, although I am still working on it in-between my other duties. If I decide to start it here (which I could) then I'll absolutely let you know.

EFMingo likes this.