Role Play General Chat

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Raven, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

Agreed.
    Haunter has already begged for the GM role. he asked earleir when i asked him to pick the survivors

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

I meant a system that would actually allow the armor to account for something. Like in a... what do you call it? Right, an RPG.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hey I liked how this one went to be honest. A few of us are beginners adamant and considering i think it went ok.

I liked how I got to do myself in sort of lol made it a tad different you have to admit. Don't take it so seriously cause it is meant for fun ok.

We don't want to lose the priviledge of having the rpg's so lets all just have fun with it. I wanted my character to survive as much as the rest of you but then came the opportunity to die heroically and it was fun to invent my own death in the end.

4. adamant

I've never done this either... but I feel it would be more interesting if there were battles and such like I've stated. Why let our faith be decided by someone else without a chance to fight it? (I'm so American)

You can still die in other ways, but someone else shouldn't just be like "Oh, I shot him in the face. Game over."

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I can see your point there adamant. I think Raven is also working on that a bit more as well so that murders and so forth are structured into it this time around.

Just let him sort it ou tand we will see how it goes ok. We will all improve over time and so will the games.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I know what you mean about the armor. I'd be wary about too rigid a system for rating armor and weapons though. We're all writers, with the imagination to add our own description - with the GM's ultimate override ability of course.

Keep in mind that a "real" RPG requires a LOT of development. Live RPGs require the GM to anticipate scenarios and have prepared means to resolve them (as well as the flexibility to deal with innovation by the players), and automated RPGs require lots of coding, and out of necessity they limit the play options.

7. adamant

Perhaps we could find a template of sorts? Though I just wanted it so that there would actually be some scale of difficulty. In one scene a person could just slice through a Xenos, and the next, they were almost killed. Whatever floats the boat I guess...

8. Cogito

That kind of consistency issue falls clearly in the GM's court.

9. adamant

If we were just given something like a hit point and damage system, I think it should take care of it. Then the participants would know what they could take on and what they'd need help on. There would still be room for improvisation -- the number of creatures, new species, desperation moves, team attacks, running away, ambushes, etc.

Also, we could make turn-based battles the norm for PvP fights.

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Something I was thinking also as for pistols taking xenos (Aliens) out in one shot is a no goer.

when creating your new profiles think hard about the weapons you will be using. And the speed in which you can move. eg heavy wepons will limit your movement from running.

11. adamant

Yeah, but all of the heavy equipment never really has a manifested effect due to differing writers. It would be cool if we could find a gridded map or something...

12. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Erm... is that a question or a statement? Lmao. I read RPGs and enjoy doing so, I do not take part. In fact... i've never even posted any writing on the forums.

Don't need to start now :D

13. Raven

Raven Banned

lol. i was wondering really you seemed to be enjoying the game. I was hoping maybe you'd like to create a charactor and join in. If not no worries. ;) :)

14. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lol. I enjoy reading them, I don't enjoy taking on a role :p

15. Raven

Raven Banned

A very good point. Do you have any suggestions. ;)

16. Raven

Raven Banned

:p :p lol! fair enough. ;) :p

17. adamant

Uh... I guess we can all try to find RPG templates and/or maps.

EDiT: this would also allow for you to place items around the game.

18. Cogito

Another suggestion - when an RPG thread is created, what about adding a commentary thread for it as well, so people can discuss peripheral aspects of the game that don't belong in the actual gameplay thread. That way, we won't be flooding the suggestions thread.

I'm NOT recommending it for trash-talking ("I'm gonna WASTE you alll suckas!"), even though a small amount of that is in good fun, but more along the lines of "I thought this twist was kind of interesting, but wouldn't Slazo have simply stuck a blade in the clerk and moved on?".

That way, the GM also has a running idea of what the players liked most and what might have been done better.

19. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

that nearly made my choke on my vrumble :p

and i am sorry guys but this seems ot be getting very complicated. although having order and stuff is good, you don't want to put peole off playing 'cos it is all too confusing. i think keep it fairly simple, after all it is just a game for a laugh, noting serious.
    Heather

20. Raven

Raven Banned

I've sorted out a phew issues. Now im putting pen to paper so to speak.

Night haunter will be GM.

The game will also have rules for killing each other off should the event happen. i.e GM has final dicission. And it will not be as simple as Fred shot Terry in the head. he fell down dead. The other members charactor will reply in self defence.

the irons hot and Im ironing out some issues.

21. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hahaa, sorry, you just seemed like some old evil guy wh is about to get his own abck. :p sorry.

one question though, what's a GM??

22. Raven

Raven Banned

A games master

23. Cogito

The Damocles Gulf is a vast expanse with plenty of empty space, but it need not be as empty as it currently seems. Anyone who wants to join in an adventure with a somewhat less tightly defined structure than the Rat Pack campaigns should consider this RPG. It is sure to present plenty of challenge to your imagination and writing skills!

24. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

Third earth takes my interest but I see not many have joined yet. I think i shall wait a while and see if anyone else joins

25. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I'm intrested in third earth, but a bit too tired to think out things properly. I may play. When i'm more awake.