1. Lollypop0189

Lollypop0189 New Member

Rough synopsis for a first time writer.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lollypop0189, Apr 9, 2009.

nevermind.

2. lynneandlynn

lynneandlynn New Member

I didn't even read this because as Cog is always saying, who cares what other people think? If you want to write it, write it. People are going to love it or hate it, but the only thing that should matter to you is if *you* love it enough to write it.

~Lynn

3. Miswrite

Miswrite New Member

I like the plot, but I don't think you should have posted it in detail - this is the internet, after all.
    And really, all we can say is if we like it or not. How will that help you? There will always be someone who likes it and someone who doesn't.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no point to asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

(and yes, this is a template post, which should give you an idea of how often this comes up.)

A plot summary is no more than your own roadmap, and has no further value (a summary that you provide to a publisher on request is entirely different). Write the story. Your writing will determine how good the end product is, not the plot summary. A great writer could turn a walk to the mailbox and back into a riveting story.