Rudness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Princes, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Jack The Ripper

Jack The Ripper Banned

Then thats ok then for you.
    I'm not going to carrying on talking to you in this thread because your not really listening/reading my posts are you.

So bye.

Your Old Pal Jacky​

2. Princes

Princes Banned

No I certainly Am not.
    Your the one who wasn't listening/reading my posts.

3. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

OK, in all reality you started this thread saying you hated rude people. It seems that you are just basically trying to stir the pot a bit. Several people have tried to comment on this thread and you have just basically been "rude" to them.

I havent seen that anyones been disrespectful or rude to you, but rather you have totally misinterpreted some things that some others wrote.

I would ask that if you have a problem with another member you keep it private in PM and if theres a problem you feel is out of control you message a mod.

I do not want to see this forum become a petty playground for everyone with an issue.

The lounge is for fun and discussing other things aside from writing, but I wont tolerate this kind of crap because it makes this place look immature and creepy.

If you dont want peoples comments and responses then quite simply, dont start a thread on something that is going to set you off.

Thank you

4. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

it is hard to believe that no one's ever been rude...especially since you were a child once.

Still are.

Who said that? Geez that was rude.

Ok, so what do we know? The facts. Princess "Never been rude" has a really good memory and jack the ripper doesn't let up.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here, some of the new guys coming in aren't really writers.

5. Robert

Robert Banned

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

6. Jack The Ripper

Jack The Ripper Banned

Gotta laugh she goes on about not been rude yet here she is simply been Rude.

7. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

Then agian she's from UK. If I were to believe that a person had gone their entire life without being rude, it would be a bloke or a fag- or...whatever they call women over there.

In AMERICA there's probably no one who has gone without being rude.

And I wouldn't say that Princes is being rude- just getting overly defensive. Which is dumb because it's not like you said she IS a rude person, just that you thought she had to at least been rude once.

So. I've dished out rudeness before, but that doesn't make me a rude person- it's just something I have tendency to be.

Everybody has their bad days.

8. Nadala

Nadala Banned

Princes I think when it comes to being rude people wherever you go will do so though anyone’s life. Sometimes it takes a braver to turn their back or to grin and bare it. I can accept on the internet and at times in real life to. Some times it helps me to think maybe they’re having a bad day or think at least I can be kind in return and they might just give up. Its not nice nor is it respectable but since everyone is born with the voice of reason and chose to do as they will. I simply accept and prepare myself for people as such. :)

9. Robert

Robert Banned

What a stupid thing to say.

10. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

i agree to that too, and princes, you know what i find to be rude, like, reeeeealy realy rude, running down and backstabbing other writing forums members behind their backs to people that you dont even know. ....................yep.............................id call that rude..............

11. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Come on guys don't fight now!
    Rudeness sometimes can be sparked, but when it happens, it is best to rather ignore that certain person, let them cool down, etc. etc. or then again, there are those who were just born rude and obnoxious.

12. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

whos fighting??? i just added my opinion lol, and i dont agree that people are born rude or obnoxious, it is simply a reflection of their upbringing and the environment around them

13. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well what people have to realise is that the world is a very big place and has millions of occupants upon it, we all have our own personalities and sometimes they clash and rudeness comes out. It is a flaw in us all, but it makes us who we are.
    I'm myself have been quite rude to a few people of late around me, but I had the courage to apologise and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you have been rude or not or offended someone, what matters is that you stand up and say "Hey look I am sorry if I have been rude to you or offended you in any way, please accept my apologies." and the world will be a much happier place. :):):):)

14. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

and sometimes we let our pride get in the way, and believe we cannot apologise in fear of looking weak or 'losing' the battle. there has been a time in everyones life, where we have refused to apologise because we truly believe that we did no wrong and IT WAS ALL HIS/HER FAULT!!ner ner ner ner ner ner.....
    but i guess we just need to learn that in becoming involved in an argument or a fight, we are lowering ourselves town to the other persons level, and by continuing a pointless battle, we end up looking pathetic and weak, even if we believe we look tough and cool. even if we have started the bickering,i guess we need to learn how to swallow our prides, and apologise, admit that we were wrong, and if the other person isnt human enough to accept a sincere apology, theres no need to start on them again, if they cant accept it, just shrug it off and move on, at least you know that you apologised, and they are makiing themselves look like a child..anyway..we ALL do it

15. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Yes well I just hope that rudeness doesn't cause any major problems here, I would hate it ruin such a truely wonderful forum where everyone is so polite, helpful and caring towards each other.
    This is the nicest and most social forum I have visited and it is an honour to be here amongst such a wonderful group of people. :):)

16. newguy

newguy New Member

ok then
    I agree with most of the people here...
    no one person has gone through their lives without being rude...
    Thats all I am gonna say on this matter

17. Raven

Raven Banned

Princes all you have to do is conduct yourself in a better manner instead of acusing other members of been rude to you whenit is quite clear here who was been rude.

In general i totally disagree with rudness but I am guilty of been rude myself. God knows its a way of life.
    Sometimes been rude is a form of been polite (Sometimes)

Princes why is it that you think people are been rude to you?
    Like jack said maybe you've been rude to them in someway and not realised.

Just a thought.

18. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

That was well put Raven.

19. Princes

Princes Banned

The below quote answers that question.......

How dare you.....
    You know nothing.....I consider that a personal attack against me.
    Your trying to make out that i've pm you doing this
    I haven't EVER pm'd you at all.
    So why would you say something like that?

20. Aurorah

Aurorah New Member

I hate to be picky but it should actually be "was being rude" not "was been rude".

Please shoot me for pointing this out but we are all writers here, after all!

21. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

and, as i noted earlier, it's 'rudEness' not 'RUDness'... [we can hold hands when stood against the wall, aurorah... we writers should stand and go down together! ;-) ]

22. Aurorah

Aurorah New Member

Yeah, she's from the UK. And....?

Women tend to get called "birds" or "lasses" where I come from!

23. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I went to a costume party last night dressed as the Virgin Mary after an abortion. I think that's pretty rude.

24. Raven

Raven Banned

OK people lets not take it too far.

~Raven.

25. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

OK seriously, lets not take this discussion any further.

I really dont want to lock this thread because I am all for a good discussion or heated debate, but it is getting out of hand..

Hellbent, I adore you, but please limit your use of the word "fag". Its offensive and I imagine the Uk folks were none too pleased either. :)

Keep it civil in here, please

Differences of opinion is great, but this thread has degenerated quite rapidly into something other than constructive.

Why not talk about what makes a certain comment or behaviour rude. Without pointing fingers, please :)