1. Writing machine

Writing machine New Member

Salut!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Writing machine, Apr 28, 2022.

Hey everyone. My dream is to write texts and stories in english as good as I do it in my native language. Hope to find here good collegues, that will help me to improve my writing skills.

My experience: i have been writing texts since 2012. I remember this day: it was sunny, and I had just escaped a university, where all teachers said: it's impossible to learn how to write and there is no confident way in this sphere.

And since that day I became a writing machine: wrote everyday till the moment I felt: Yes, I can produce any idea. Even if I have 5 minutes to create story concept I do it easy.

My genre is fantasy. I wrote more than 150 short stories in this genre, also I have around 200 books, that are not finished. But some of them are finshed :)

This is my pain: I'm a master of beginings, but can't finish stories when I felt that it's not ideal in my understanding.

Hope that my journey in english laguage and english litreture will be exciting and interesting.

Nice to meet you all, collegues! Hope you will not get tired of thousands of my stories :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    evild4ve, Joe_Hall and EFMingo like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Which must be French. Bonjour @Writing machine !
    Thousands??!! :supershock:Wow!!

Well, welcome to our little home on the internet. We're happy to have you here.

3. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Guess you need to finish those stories that you start.
    Warm welcome to our friendly forums.

4. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Welcome.

I would suggest choosing any one of the 200 stories you have started, and putting everything else aside until you have finished that one. Then pick one more, and finish that one.

Discipline is important, and discipline is something that creative people often lack. (Says the man who has #### unfinished projects of various kinds around the house.)

5. Writing machine

Writing machine New Member

Not french, i speak two east slavic languages. But thank you a lot for such kind greeting!

Thanks one more time) I hope that after 2-3 years of practising english I will be able to participate in your community as a real colleague))

It's very difficult inside feeling... I start a story, then write sth about 50 000 words. And start thinking: "It's not ideal, because I can better".

Thank you for the advice! I will make tatoo with this words if will not finish the current story)))

Thank you! Now I understand how my phobia of finishing stories looks like)) It looks like missing of discipline.

So, at the moment I work on a fantasy story. I've created all the components of it: concept, plot, heroes... And if now will not finish, I will recognise: I can't do it)))