Same Sex Relationships

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by poetryliberates, Dec 17, 2006.

1. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Geez, this is getting heated! Maybe we should believe what we want to believe, support what we wanna support and respect others opinions without being overzealious in protecting our beliefs taht we punish others for it. I don't think Homosexuality is wrong but I respect and understand how others will agree.
    So build a bridge and get over it!!!!

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

.....I hate computers

3. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    If you don't like it you don't have to pay any attention to it. Turn your head the other way, don't listen.

I am friends with a few guys that are homosexual and they are really great guys. They show me the respect to not do anything infront of me apart from hold hands and cuddle, but they are normal guys like every other guy in this world apart from their sexuality.

I am also friends with homosexual females and although it creeps me out and at times I get rather worried by their comments, I am nether the less still their friend.

At the end of the day they are just people and that is the way I will always see them.

4. Frost

Frost Active Member

Bi = a choice
    Gay = Decision made for you

Just thought I'd throw that in..

5. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

The right to complain is not in dispute

The right to impose laws against something based solely on religion..well whose rights get violated then?

6. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

IndianaJoan is the only one who gets it.

Lily, don't be so naive.

7. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Much appreciated max :)

How are you anyway?

8. Lily

Lily New Member

That's what I thought.

9. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Whats what you thought?

Look, this subject is a hotbutton for a lot of people...I am one of those people.

Until you stand on the outside of the MORAL majority and try to live your life the way YOU want to live it without interference from other people who disagree with what you are doing, you can never possibly understand.

I have been with the same person for 3 years. She is from Sweden. She cant live here permanently with me because the US immigration laws dont allow for same sex couples to marry. If we could marry, there would be no issue...so instead..because every religious yahoo out there thinks its wrong..I am forced to spend 1300 dollars every three months just to pay for a plane ticket to fly her here so she can stay for three months and then go home..wash, rinse, repeat.

I bother no one...i hurt no one. My children love her and miss her terribly when she is gone.

I cannot move to sweden because i have children who deserve the right to see their dad even if i think hes a complete waste of a human being.

I dont interfere with that, and in much the same way, I want people to mind their own business and quit preventing something just because they are on a moral highground.

Thats my rant..i dont mean to offend anyone but this subject is VERY sensitive to me considering that the one person i want to spend the rest of my life with spends half of every year away from me and my family. So yeah, i get irritated.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Just one little note; you dont have to be religous to not like homosexuality. Tons of non-church going/non christian males find gays repulsive...that is gays...
    But why cant she just go through the hell of customs and applie for citzenship?
    Congrads on the kids...tell them a complete stranger on the internet said hello...
    Look, I have no problem with your kids having two moms or anyhting like that...

11. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Yes but those arent the ones who are pushing to pass laws to prevent same sex partnerships...though i do see your point

You cant just apply for citizenship. It doesnt work like that. First you have to have a green card, which is hell to get unless you can manage to nail a job, or get lucky enough to win the green card lottery (which she has applied for). Trust me, we have looked into everything..unless she had a million dollars to donate to america and could guarantee she would continue to make a 6 figure salary while living here, she has no chance in hell of just "getting citizenship". I have been through the immigration laws with a fine tooth comb. :(

12. Lily

Lily New Member

IndianaJoan, It makes me sad to know you're going through that. I really hope your partner can somehow get a green hard etc. and move here on a perminent basis. I wish there were another way for homosexual people to get the rights they need, I just don't agree with homosexual marriage. I guess when you're married you take those rights forgranted. Hope all goes well for you in the future. I was responding to someone else's comment on me being naive, earlier, and wasn't reacting to anything you had said.

13. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Its ok, not a problem. Thanks for clarifying that.

It's ok as always to have an opinion, some opinions by nature just make us all respond more strongly.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

14. Robert

Robert Banned

Good luck, IndianaJoan.

Cheers,
    Rob

15. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

LOL errrr I should know better than to wander into threads bearing this topic!

At any rate despite the differences of opinion and lifestyles, I enjoy a good debate. This particular debate just hits a little too close to home for me so next time I think I will just kick back and bite my knuckles!

16. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Buh?

Buh?

Oh okay then, seeing as it's near Christmas and I'm in a festive mood I'll bite.

I called you naive because instead of you disputing any of the information I've given that most on here take for granted you would rather critique my post as if it was a piece of short fiction (yes, it was quite a long post, but, alas, not a story :D ), and then criticise me for using a vulgar display of language.

I don't mind using them. I don't care who I offend. They're just words not actions. When making a response to a thread I don't cherry pick adjectives as you have suggested as my responses are just a stream of conscious thoughts.
    Feeling less naive yet? :D

17. Lily

Lily New Member

Extremely.

Well kids, it's been fun, I need to go catch a plane since I haven't seen my family in a year.
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, or Happy Festivus.