Say Something Nice About Somebody

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Jul 16, 2015.

1. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I'd like to show my appreciation for everyone who posts in the Workshop. It's a big part of this forum, but more importantly, I know how hard it can be to share your work, especially when it's being critiqued. I've read a lot of good pieces over the years, so it's always a pleasure to browse that area of WF.

The reviewers also deserve recognition for taking the time to offer critiques. I see a lot of valuable feedback from both newer and more established members, which is a great sign. So thanks again to everyone who participates in the Workshop. :agreed:

jannert, zoupskim, Komposten and 7 others like this.
  2. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

Alright, I suppose I should show the better side of me.

@Elven Candy Having read your work, I can say you write very well in the Fantastical Genre. I hope you Keep exploring and working within this Genre as you've crafted a very well-thought-out story that works within this Genre's conventions.

@Stormburn I've read two of your stories, both horror, and I think the corn field one has a lot of potential.

@ladybird you deserve a mention as you are taking the time to learn how to scan and write Metrically. 95% of people I meet on writing sites run from the idea of Metrically writing. I think your bravery, willingness (to endure my critique), and improvement is a great inspiration to anyone wanting to learn the craft of writing.

@BayView It might sound odd, but I enjoy the fact that you and I disagree on a number of subjects, but still have enough respect for each other, not flame or divulge into some childish antics. A lot of people who disagree with me go into personal attacks, or insults, I really like the fact I and you don't; if fact, I can say with honesty, you've proven me wrong a few times (which I have admitted in implied threads.)

@zoupskim and @Lifeline I enjoy your guy's journals, and like how you support each other.

@Tenderiser Having read your work, I can say you are a better writer than me. I would buy your books.

@Spencer1990 I enjoy trading ideas with you. Like me, you are willing to take an artistic risk in writing (your 2nd person story).

@Homer Potvin If I had to go drinking with one person on this forum, it is you.

@123456789 and @GingerCoffee while we've not talked a lot, both of you share a lot of views I have in regards to writing. I'd like to discuss Allegory, Theme, and subtext with you all some day.

@Trish I like the fact I have a woman writer I can talk with about Erotic writing. (Gives me a different perspective).

@Foxxx I think you got the potentional man. I am going to keep an eye out for the stuff you workshop.

@minstrel @Komposten @Mckk I think the forum owes you guys huge thanks. Modding is not easy, and I know the pain of wanting to reach through a computer screen and scream "READ THE RULES!"

@KaTrian I hope you get to repay your critique and read your work in the future, and I hope you will continue to read and provide womanly insight into my works as well.

@Daniel Thank you for having this site for us to all gather and discuss ideas. I actually like the blog part of the site as it gives me a venue to post my study notes and discuss literary theory.

@jannert I believe that we've not had a whole lot of discussion, but I like how you look at my advice -which has never been directed to you- and understand it. It's like you translate what I say from Harsh, brutal, OJB talk, to light, pillow-fluffy, younger-people-will-understand talk.

@Wreybies I and you have discussed literary theory twice: Once in regards to the limitations of language in terms of describing the human experience, and once about E.E Cummings. This type of Literary discussion is what I seek out on sites like this.

That's all I got.

3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Damn straight... y'all forget everything else, remember that.

4. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

Oh really? You're appreciative of me wasting your time? This is why I'm making a point of NOT bothering you as much as I can. You're way too nice for your own safety. It means a lot to me to know you're a considerate and authentic source of knowledge should I need it. It makes it all the more important to work harder on my own research, and not to abuse the generosity that you've offered without asking for anything back. And if you're embarrassed by this post, blame yourself. I did tell you that I was refraining from loving all over your profile in gratitude! :crazy:

5. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

My apologies if my tenacious spirit drives you mad at times. :supertongue:

6. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

This is a fun idea!

Gotta shout out to @Stormburn - he's always commenting on my progress journal and has nice words of encouragement each time. Thank you.

@Homer Potvin is funny and I want a drink with him too :). I like how blunt and straightforward he is without coming off rude.

@Wreybies is very fair and level-headed, and I like that I can talk shop about The Expanse with him (assuming I ever manage to start Cibola Burn, anyway...life is busy)

@Dr.Meow has kindly taken the time to review/comment on several items of mine, which I appreciate.

Other people who I enjoy reading/responding to include @jannert , @Iain Aschendale , @ChickenFreak , @BayView , and I'm sure there's more, but I'm being called away by work...

Oscar Leigh, Dr.Meow and Fernando.C like this.
  7. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

@Stormsong07 sounds like an awesome person! :D

Stormsong07 likes this.
  8. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

Every time this thread pops up in my alerts, I hear the title to the tune of "Say Something" by A Great Big World :D

Trish and Fernando.C like this.
  9. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Aww.. Thank you. :) And also, hurry up! I'm 1/3 the way through Babylon's Ashes! :ohno::-D

10. Link the Writer

I love that @Wreybies is so patient with us even when sometimes I'm sure he'd like to smite us to oblivion.

Oscar Leigh, Stormsong07 and Wreybies like this.
  11. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Wreybies types many long-winded, caustically corrosive responses to threads on his Stickies application, and then, once that's out of his system, he returns to the forum and gives a more level-headed reply. I have Very Important Feelings and Opinionsâ„¢ too, but they aren't all appropriate for the venue or my place in it. :whistle: I appreciate the sentiment all the same and send you big, embarrassing man-bear hugs with a totally borderline-for-American-audiences kiss on the cheek. :-D

12. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

Requests high five instead.

13. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

:superlaugh:

Cave Troll likes this.
  14. Link the Writer

I don't mind a good manly rubbing from Wrey. :supercheeky:

Oscar Leigh and Wreybies like this.
  15. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

@GuardianWynn has a super duper cute butt ;)

GuardianWynn likes this.
  16. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

o_O

Trish and Cave Troll like this.
  17. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

this post is worthless without pictures :D

Trish likes this.
  18. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Bumpersticker - Admins are people too- :D

Cave Troll, Trish and TheNineMagi like this.
  19. Link the Writer

@big soft moose is, in my mind, a nice, soft, plushy person moose. :3

Fernando.C likes this.
  20. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

You'd think they were gods the way some of you people act around them .... :whistle:

matwoolf and Cave Troll like this.
  21. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

:confused:

No, they are all great team-players with a can-do attitude. You are alone, bitter, and nobody likes you quite obviously from this thread.

Ha ha ha ha, nobody likes you. I don't like you either, baby honey, wang-pants:love:

22. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Well, we have the power to decide whether or not you get to exist in the WF.org universe, so there's that. :whistle: :twisted:

big soft moose, Cave Troll and Trish like this.
  23. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

I've resisted posting in this thread because there are so many great members here that I'm sure to omit somebody deserving (more likely somebodies), and, yes, the moderation here is the best I've ever seen.

24. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I'm resisting too. Too many people to mention and I know I'd miss somebody important. Don't want anybody feeling like this guy:

upload_2017-8-15_19-48-33.jpeg

Fernando.C, Trish and Cave Troll like this.
  25. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

@1234....onemillion, like @matwoolf, is not meant to be liked, but to inspire.