1. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Scaredness!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jmitchell1986, Jul 27, 2007.

Yes, I know its not a real word, before anyone starts. I am babbing myself, a man was just in my garden shining a torch into my window, and then he ran when he saw me, but I am al alone in my huge house, and i keep hearing noises, and I am VERY scared. I did a check of the house, and i know how to take care of myself, but I am terrified nonetheless. So, tell me your fears, make me feel less silly for being this scared!

Joe xxx

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

My basement. I'm never scared of the dark except when I run into my basement and the lights aren't on (Usually when I'm going to get ice cream from the freezer at night). It freaks the heck out of me and I run back up as soon as possible, crashing up the stairs and bursting back into the light, where my parents stare at me because I'mlike I'm nuts. o_O

3. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

My fear is that one day I may be haunted by ghosts or spirits. When I sleep at night I have to have my blanket tucked in all around me. When I am finally settled I am in something like a cocoon. I feel safe that way.

4. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Hehe, I never liked basements either, but now I live in one!!!

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

EDIT: Holy crap, I had this up for like five seconds and then deemed it way too personal. Sorry, don't know what I was thinking.

6. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Well people finding that sorta thing out ain't nice, it's always best to tell them, for them to hear from you, not some online persona :)

7. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Nothing here. Move along people.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ivan,

I think most of us probably already knew what you said, especially after a certain other thread last month. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it makes absolutely no difference.

Judging by the events which followed in that instance, I don't think I'm alone in that though.

But I hear your fear, and commend you for expressing it, however briefly.

9. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

To me it does. I'm a 13-year-old, I'm allowed to be irrational. >.> This is how the world works, no? =P

But anyway, I'll stop hijacking jmitchell's thread. Continue on with what frightens the bejeezus out of you.

10. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Alright. Sorry. I am confused about what you are talking about though.

11. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Vegetables have always haunted me. Their green tint and healthy insides. Corn and carrots are alright. But otherwise vegetables worry me.

12. Cogito

That's ok, most of that message was meant for Ivan, in terms he would understand. I avoided revealing anything to any casual reader as to what I was referring to.

13. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Agreed, Lemon, although I do have a fondness for snap peas and green beans...but not real peas. Disgusting. Eurgh. >=P

14. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

I can proudly say that I have never eaten a single pea in my lifetime.

15. Cogito

What scares the hell out of me is becoming helpless and dependent on other people for day to day survival.

16. Cogito

Real peas are ok if not overcooked. Either that or cooked to a puree with curry spices and paneer (a fresh cheese from India, almost like tofu or fresh mozzarella). It's absolutely delicious that way, and very un-pealike.

17. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Vomit.

Seriously. I have this intense fear of it. Thankfully I've been vomit free for ten years. W00t.

Other than that.. I guess on a more personal note I'm afraid to meet someone on a real and deep personal level.

18. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

Holy cow! I have had the same phobia since I was young. I would not call it a fear on my part as much as a total avoidance.

Cheers for us!

19. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Lol. Yay. *shudders at the thought* Complete avoidance.. Even to family. :rolleyes:

20. DivineLemon

DivineLemon New Member

I know the feeling. It is horrible but I have a dog who has some horrible medical problems which causes IT to happen more than I would like. Not to mention the cat who has multiple hair balls a week.

I am working on getting rid of the fear. I am so tired of shying away from those who are ill.

21. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

ok, one of my fears is that on a school morning i get up really early to go in the shower, so no-one else is awake at the time. i go in the shower then go downstairs to dry my hair in the kitchen (so no-one is awoken by the hair-dryer.) when it is winter everything outside is dark, and i am on my own in the kitchen and then the motion detecters on the kitchen ceiling begin to flash, even though i am not moving. i hate it soooooooooo much. also, when i try to turn on the light for the living room in the morning, the light switch is half way in the room, so i have to leg it across the room to flick the switch incase there is something scary in the dark. to put it simply, i am afraid of the dark :(

22. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

I hate heights with an absolute PASSION :p If I've got lo look over a ledge or something, I have to make sure I'm holding on to something or I'm petrified I'm gonna fall off :s

23. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

yea, my mate hates heights so much so will not even cross the brige over the river as if it does fall, she cannot swim :p

24. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

^-^ Hehe poor her. I'm not that bad, though it did kinda spoil my trip on the London Eye ;)

25. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I am a 23 year old mother of two have been since November last year and I am afraid of living on my own. I hate being in a house on my own I freak myself over the tinyiest little sounds at night.
    I am not afraid of walking through the streets at night alone, just being in a house alone. Weird but yeah. So I moved back home and me and kids are living with my parents till I can gain the courage to live on my own.
    I am also petrified of my ex, the father of my kids, drunks late at night, SPIDERS I am petrified of so badly that if I see one I use a full tin of fly spray in the room and don't go back in there for 24 hours at all.

Well yeah they are my fears lol