Scarlet Nocturne

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Jun 20, 2013.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

A nocturne is a evocative of the nigth.
    A composition executed in such a way that brings the concept of night to the mind of those who hear to it...
    It doesn't mean that it will bring the same idea to every single one... Yet one thing is common to everyone.... They feel the night.

But the Scarlet Nocturne is not an evocative of night...
    Instead the song opens it's door on the night.. Hence it's name.

The song is an evocative of the Scarlet...
    The evocative of a color..

It calls the innermost feelings of people, and strike them with a big amount of emotions...
    Scarlet is a color that represents the inner body... The organs, the blood, etc.
    Once the human dies, these turns into a grey color.... However the living human is scarlet on the inside...
    And is the perfect analogy for the song that calls the inner emotions and desires from the human
    Thus it's perfect to call it a song from the inner....

------------------------------

The girl suddenly realized that she was on a cafe....
    She quickly looked around her, seeking for anything that she could recognize as dangerous..
    The feeling of the previous nightmare still dwell deeply inside of her..
    Yet she relaxed a bit once she found a familiar case on her side.
    She quickly opened it, and her relief grew once she found the instrument completely unscratched...

So... now... What will she do?
    Will she interfere with the idea of the man?
    Will she help with it?
    Or will she simply do nothing.

She stood up, and then a weight inside her clothes called her attention...
    Right.... the revolver... She felt the weight of the weapon hid inside her dress...

Instictively she walked toward a window, and approaching the reflect she visualized her own forehead
    And horror assaulted her as soon as she realized it.
    The painting was still there...

And she cursed the fact that she didn't kill that man before when she had the chance to.

mmarage likes this.
  2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"How old are you?" Norton asked, and Jaharra jumped. "Twenty-three . . . why?" The man left her on edge, but there was no one else familiar around. Her hands clenched instinctively as she realized that she only had one dagger left as well. The other swords must have been hidden somewhere.

Well, her art was of the blade. She didn't even need much more than a kitchen knife to be lethal.

3. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Flashback

The events of the day flashed back in Frieder's head. Carefully, he observed the events prior to where he is now. It all makes sense now. Someone has changed the world as it is known. The world needs to change. This is not how it needs to change though. Whoever's selfish thoughts are coming to life must end. Frieder's world must awaken. The only way for a world to awaken, is for one to fall. Whoever owns this world must fall.

Frieder walks into the exposition, where it all started. Where to start though? He sits down in a randomly chosen seat and waits. Something will happen soon.

"Something will happen soon... Something that will change the world as we know it. That is the moment that I must take."

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Fritz's Desire Arc/Beginning

Fritz's eyes snapped open due to a faint echoing in his head.

He blinked the crust from his eyes. He didn't awake to see shadows as he normally would. His sunglasses were off.

Where was he?

The next thing he noted was cushy bed he laid in. It felt amazing! It had been many years since he had felt something such as that. It immediately relaxed him. He sat up and took note of the place he was.

It was a beautiful hotel room. Portraits that would only bee seen in galleries hung on all four walls. The carpet was made from some sort of animal skin that made Fritz's toes curl. He wasn't dressed, not that it bothered him. Fine bottles of champagne sat on the table that was next to the bed he had been sleeping. The room itself was massive far more then one man needed.

Two long black sofas were on the other side of the room going parallel to each other and a pool table was off to the right side of the room. The equipment to play was neatly up against the wall.

Thoughts of what he had asked the pillar for began to race through his mind. Could this be what he desired? There were no pictures of himself on the wall.......so that made him doubt so. He continued to think as he went over to the window and peeled one of the curtains back.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary outside. Not statues of him or anything that would imply he was in control. In fact the day looked quite similar to how it had before the light had absorbed everything. The people didn't seem to have any recollection of the events that had happened as they were joking and laughing as happy as can be. Fritz sighed as he sat back down the bed.

A bit of fear shook him, what had that thing done? Was Avalyn okay? He'd wanted power and all he got was a nice hotel room? What sort of bullshit was going on? The fear was soon replaced with something else. His jaw line became hard, his eyes dark and an intense scowl appeared. The naked Fritz stood up and stormed over to the pool table. WHAM! The entire room shook as he flipped it over. "You think you can treat me like I'm fucking not fucking serious!? This isn't what I asked for!?" He went on. "I wanted this city!"

mmarage likes this.
  5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Avalyn Fang

Avalyn smiled as she skipped down the street, her previous outfit still intact and blowing in the warm breeze. The day was good and her loneliness had been short lived, thankfully.

In her left hand she held an envelope; a letter only she could deliver, for she was the one who knew who it was for. She brought the envelope to her face, re-reading the fancy cursive.

Deliver to:
    Fritz Curtiz Gance
    Ambassadors Hotel
    Suite #1
    1950 Grand Boulevard, Anheldrim

Avalyn continued on her way, turning down a long street where a large hotel soon came into view. Her destination. Tossing back a frizzed strand of hair, she ascended the steps and sent a greeting to the doorman while she walked inside. The lobby alone took her breath away, such extravagance and beauty. Gold and red accents covered the place and it was clearly seen that only the best could afford to spend the night. Her gaze lingered to the crimson velvet curtains and the fabric called her name, beckoning her to use it. She could make a striking red dress...but no, she had a task to see to.

With a disappointed sigh, she turned away, heels clicking as she walked through a hallway. The closer she got to where the suites were kept, the more beautiful the hallway seemed. Pictures held in crystal frames lined the gold wallpaper and a golden light shone from small chandeliers. Avalyn looked straight ahead, trying not to let distractions get the better of her.

After a few more steps, she finally approached the door, Suite #1. Avalyn lifted a fist to knock, but that's when she heard it; a muffled voice. Her face scrunched in concern as she placed her ear on the wooden door. "...I wanted this city!"

Worry filled her heart as she gripped the doorknob and without thinking twice, she barged in.

"Fritz! What is going on?!" Avalyn shouted. At the sight of him, a blush passed over her cheeks and she stared down at her heels. "What is going on?" she asked in a softer tone.

mmarage likes this.
  6. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Twenty three...why?

"Because I'd like to avoid awkward silences," Norton replied. He paused for a few seconds, "and I find it hard to estimate ages."

He stepped into the cafe and ordered two cappucino's, then guided the girl towards a table in the corner. "Listen, I was here in this very spot 6 days ago. Look at the corner opposite to us and tell me what you see," Norton said.

He had been in the very same place, at the very same time as his phone indicated just 6 days ago, but something was awry. He could sense it, but not know it. If this was an illusion, fueled by his own memories then he would see precisely everything as he remembered it, but this girl, she would see something else entirely. She hadn't been in this spot those 6 days ago, her mind wouldn't be able to fill in all the details. So, Norton reasoned, if the girl didn't see the young couple in the corner then this was, as he thought it would be, an illusion.

His dark eyes fell on the girl again. "What do you see?" His voice sounded forceful.

7. lixAxil

"Uuum... excuse me..."
    The soft voice of a girl assaulted the ears of Norton and Jaharra, both also in the cafe.

The figure of the young girl dressed with a blue dress, a beautiful face and a long brown hair showed in front of them. But what stood out the most of her was the strange symbols painted on her forehead...

"Could you please tell me where can I find a hairdressing?..." asked the girl nervously.

Nadia could had asked this to any person on the cafe... yet these two called her attention, she still didn't realize why though.

mmarage likes this.
  8. Keitsumah

Distracted momentarily by the girl, Jaharra couldn't help but feel a prickle of unease rise up her spine when she saw the runes. The beast inside her growled and threatened to come out, but she stamped it down hard.

Releived momentarily by Norton's questions, Jaharra couldn't help but shrug. She'd never actually had her hair cut before. She did her own. "To be honest, I'm not sure where. But I'm not too bad at cutting hair if you need it badly."

9. lixAxil

The face of Nadia darkened for an instant...

"I don't wanna cut my hair.... But I want to cover this.." said while pointing the marks on her forehead...

"Oh!!... I'm very sorry!!" said the girl suddenly bowing in apologize..

"I forgot to introduce myself...." then the girl calm down

"My name is Nadia Eisendin from the Eisendin's house..." said while lightly raising the skirt of her dress and bowing, as if she were to be some character from a fairy tale.

"Who might you be?" asked the girl returning to her previous soft tone.

mmarage likes this.
  10. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

A top hat landed on its rim as Jesse spun around to face Nadia. In his hand he held a small bird, its brown coat and white underbelly pulsing with each breath. "Do you want to cover it?" He covered the bird with his hand, "Or do you really just want it to... disappear?!" With the last word, Jesse threw his hands apart, revealing his vacant palms and the void where the bird once was. "Just a warning, however..." he spun in place and snapped once, "...no matter what, they always come back." Jesse opened his fist, revealing the docile robin once more. "So..." a smile spread across his face, "would you like to see a magic trick?"

11. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Alright... so... my mission is to find him, if it was him that got to that place, it's entirely possible that someone else could have gotten to that place and did whatever they needed to do in order to change the world, and then decide whether his wish, is unselfish or not, and if it is whether he deserves it, if it is an unselfish wish then I will aid him, if it is a purely selfish wish and I do not believe that he deserves it or if it will harm many people in the process, then I will do everything in my power to stop him." I thought, I began walking through the streets in silence, looking for the man and his assistant.

12. Macaberz

Norton Grimm

Norton smirked. "So you are Nadia. I heard your name before, I-" Norton cut off his sentence. "Never mind," he said. He swallowed down his coffee, his mind was racing and his face became dark with thunder. Nadia, she'd been at the performance, hadn't she? Out of all the things he had paid attention to, he had failed to watch out for this girl. All he knew was that she had been there, and from what he could, she had forgotten right now. He flushed the strain from his face and gave the girls his best smile. "Ladies, we should get going. My driver will be here within..." Norton checked his watch, "ten seconds." He tossed a pile of money on the counter and strutted out of the cafe. He didn't care if the girls followed or not, he had gathered enough information to know where to go next.

A sleek black car came to a halt in front of the cafe. The windows like sunglasses, dark on the outside, hiding Norton's bald-headed, 200 pound muscle-machine; his butler Crank. Norton dropped his facade when he stepped into the pleasantly cooled car. He plumped down like any 14 year old would, "Hi Crank," he said cheerfully. "Hey buddy," Crank replied, he turned in his seat and stuck out his tongue at Norton before restoring his pokerface. Norton laughed, then hid behind his mask of intelligence again. It wasn't often that he acted his age, but with Crank, everything was possible.

Norton stuck out his head from behind the car door. "If the ladies are done talking, we can go," he said. "Unless you prefer to walk, but hairdressers are the other way."

13. lixAxil

Nadia however rejected the offer...

"No... there is no need to." said the girl while playing with her hair...

"I'll call home.... yeah I'll do that..."

I live alone... though there are a lot of servants on the Eisendin's house..

She gave them her back, yet after a few steps she turned to him and asked...

"I got a question..... It may sound strange.... but I had this dream that felt quite realistic, and then I felt a voice in my inside...." said Nadia nervously...

"So..... did something truly happened at the concert hall?..."

mmarage likes this.
  14. Keitsumah

Jaharra paused at the door to the car, looking back towards the girl. "I really don't know. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. I just wish i could find my partners -they never go far off from me." she muttered. Actually it's quite the opposite, but I don't want them to know that.

Sighing, she plonked into the seat next to Norton, gulping down the last of her coffee before tossing the Styrofoam cup into the trash with a grimace. She'd never tried coffee before -never really had the need to- and it left her tongue gritty and feeling as if something bitter had decided to take up residence in the back of her mouth. "So that's what that stuff is. Can't say I am not shocked that the world seems to run on it."

15. Kingtype

Fritz and Avalyn

Fritz had a broken pool stick in his hand and various billiard balls were rolling along the floor. He was breathing heavily like an out of breath beast as he stared at Avalyn. Fritz's face softened. His heart thumped with relief at seeing her. It was..........an odd feeling for him. As they weren't often apart.

Fritz started towards her without saying anything.

Avalyn swallowed hard as she peeked her head up, to only look back down to the ground. "Uh...are you okay?"

Fritz wrapped his arms around the nervous girl in a hug. "I'm fine......are you okay?" He asked. His voice surprisingly just as worried as hers.

At his touch, chills went through her small body. Avalyn couldn't remember the last time she'd been hugged. The feeling was comforting, foreign, and most of all...nice. Her heart fluttered as her cheeks turned as red as the curtains. "I'm alright," she said. "But, Fritz, uh...where exactly are your clothes?"

Fritz kissed her gently on the forehead. "Good. I was worried about you." He made a note to leave out the parts where he had ditched her in the middle of a highly dangerous situation. He released her. A faint blush started to appear on his face. "They don't seem to be around." Before he could go on his eyes widened. "What the hell? Ava how'd you find me?" He asked his joy of seeing her finally wearing off.

Putting away her surprise at Fritz's affection, Avalyn cleared her throat. "Oh yes...that. I found you because I had your address on this envelope," She held the letter out to him. "It's for you, but don't ask me what's it's about or who it's from. I have absolutely no idea. "

Fritz gave her a sideways glance. "What do you mean?" He said snatching the letter from her. "How did you get it?"

"Well..." Avalyn said, while trying to keep her eyes on his face. "I actually don't know. I just found it in my hand while walking in the city. Then I saw you weren't beside me anymore and almost panicked, but then I read the envelope. So, I got directions and came here."

He shook his head at her his face going into a scowl. "That's impossible! You sure you just didn't find this thing somewhere?"

"If I did...I don't remember." she said slowly. "But what happened to you and why are you in a hotel? You were right next to me."

Fritz frowned at her. He was unsure of whether or not he should tell the truth. "I'm not sure why I'm here. After the black out hit......I um never mind." He waved his hand in front of her face. "Look the important thing is I get some clothes on, your safe and we can start back in on making this city respect the name Fritz."

"Good plan!" Avalyn said with a nod. Although she still thought the situation odd, she tossed the thought aside for later. "Oh and if you need an outfit, I could make that happen!" She pulled her sewing kit out of her pocket, giving a wide smile.

"Can you knit a suit of some sort like something for business?" He asked as he examined the letter. He was at least going to get dressed first.

"I can do that!" Avalyn practically yelled. Digging through her kit, she pulled out her scissors, needle, and special thread. The thread of confidence, not that Fritz needed it.

Walking over to the curtains, she gave one forceful tug and they floated to the ground. "This will only take a few minutes..." she muttered as she stroked the crimson fabric. After plotting a pattern in her mind, she got to work. Her hands moved with ease as she pinned and sewed the suit pants, the collared shirt, and blazer. She had no need for a mannequin or sewing machine. Obviously, fashion was Avalyn's gift and she knew how to do it well.

Soon enough Avalyn walked over to Fritz, holding the red business suit out to him. It may have been a size too big, but she had eye-balled the measurements. "One-of-a-kind, by Fang!" she said, her smile never fading.

Fritz rolled his eyes at the outfit but took it anyway without saying thanks of course. Fritz began dressing himself and he was complaining to Avalyn all the while. He truly didn't like her sense of fashion. He found the colors far to bright, quirky and all around to ugly. "Can't you ever make something that fits?" He asked glaring at her. "I'll need to buy some sunglasses to."

Fritz picked the letter up from the ground and began opening it. He pulled out a single piece of note book paper and began to read.

As Fritz continued to read Avalyn could see his mouth go up into a smile and his fist ball. The man's breathing started to increase rapidly. Fritz's heart pumped with joy as he scanned the last of the words. The air in the room suddenly was sunny enough that a storm would not block out the warmth. Fritz's knees started to shake as he simply continued to stare at the paper.

Peering over his shoulder Avalyn squinted and tried to read the words. "What is this about? Who's the letter from?" she asked.

Fritz turned around and proudly held up the letter in front of her. It wasn't long at all and very vague.

Mr. Gance it is with great pleasure that I shall be funding your exploits from here on out. I sent the letter to Miss Fang this morning as I've heard she is your companion. Please report to the first bank of Anheldrim for more information. On the bottom a small map was drawn for the benefit of two.

Fritz was still smiling. "Are you behind this?" He asked his eyes narrowing.
    Avalyn shook her head. "I don't know anything about it..." she said, while re-reading the page. "Are you going to do as it says?"
    "Yeah....I think I will. I mean if its real then go for us and if isn't then they'll be sad they messed with Fritz the great!" And with that Fritz headed out the door.

mmarage likes this.
  16. lixAxil

The girl and the Magician

Nadia still confuse at the events was suddenly distracted by the presence of someone who seemed to be a magician of sorts....

..."A magic trick you say?....." asked the girl with curiousity... In fact there was something she wanted to happen and that may be only possible with magic...
    Of course she knew that it would be impossible for a simple magician... but what she wanted was the certain that all what happened was no more than a dream...
    Still the real feeling of the beating she received... the marks on her forehead... the words carved on her subconscious... all of these facts were hinting something completely different....

They know too much.... Is too risky

"... Can you make all that happened to be no more than a lie?...." asked Nadia to the magician.

---------------------------------------

The man and Fritz

It didn't took too much for him to caught on Fritz; in fact he was a hundred percent sure that his guess was right. For he wasted the first hours of this new reality to investigate the man who'll lead the fate of this Anheldrim...

Even at a subconscious level, he is guiding this reality....
    Like an unconscious god, but with more restrictions and obstacles..

The man greeted Fritz with a smile as soon as he left the room...

"Well good to see you in a good mood...." said Elean while waving his hand...

"So... let's see now... Shall I be a friend or a foe?..." asked with an ominous tone

mmarage likes this.
  17. Macaberz

Norton Grimm

Norton looked at Jaharra and nodded. He smirked, "sorry about this." In a swift movement something cold and small pierced Jaharra's skin. The midazolam injection started to do it's work, the clear liquid mingled with Jaharra's blood, relieving her anxiety and causing almost instant drowsiness. With the amount Norton had injected she'd be sure to pass out for at least an hour, just what he wanted. He didn't wait to see if his injection had the right effect but instead stepped out of the car, armed with another needle and gave chase to Nadia. He walked up beside her, she seemed fascinated by a street performer.

He tapped on her shoulder, "you forgot something," Norton said, he stealthily jabbed the needle in her side, then acted suprised. "Aren't you feeling well?" He put up the most worried face he could conjure and slinged her arm around his neck, "here I'll get you home..." Abductions weren't really Norton's speciality, but he was not inexperienced either. Aside from a few glances from bystanders no one seemed to notice the two drugged girls in the sleek black car. Norton took the passenger seat, retrieved a gun from the glove compartment and leaned over his seat, keeping the gun steadily on both girl, yet out of their arms reach. "Let's go home, Crank," Norton commanded, and his butler started the engine...

18. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

"Ma'am I can do what in the hell?" Jesse's eyebrows cocked as a man ever so subtly drugged and abducted the girl. With a flick of his wrist, Jesse pulled three cards from his sleeve. Two were sent towards the tires of the man's car, leaving small gashes, and the third purposely flew towards the hood of the car, scratching the car's paint in the most elegant manner of rebuttal. With the opening statements made and the stage set, Jesse walked up to the car and knocked on the window. "Excuse me sir, you seem to have most rudely taken one–" a brief glance into the car revealed a new detail, "–sorry, make that two girls against their wills. As a concerned citizen, I may do nothing other than to inhibit the realization of your goals in kidnapping these two young women. Please wait as I contact the police." With his first point in play, Jesse pulled out his phone and began dialing for the police. The man could either wait or crash into the beautiful storefront of the cafe. Surely there was no other option.

19. Macaberz

Norton Grimm

But there was, of course, another option. Crank -being his best and truest self- casually opened the door of the car, glanced at the hissing wires, then the magician and decided that he disliked the latter. To emphasize that; he slammed his melon-sized fist into the man's mobile phone, and crushed the poor device under 200 pounds of sheer muscle with his foot for good measure. The only reason he waited with killing the owner of the device was he always had difficulty deciding what method to pick. There were so many options; snapping his neck, shoving his fingers through the man's nostrils into his brains, breaking his spine, ripping out his tongue, tearing out his eyes, choking, stabbing, skinning...

Norton hopped out of the car and rested his gun on the roof of the vehicle. His finger was steady on the trigger, his brows furrowed in concentration. His aim fixed on the man's chest. "Don't move," he commanded. Being a Grimm, Norton lived up to his surname. He had killed before with the very same weapon, only from a greater distance. Oh yes, he had relished the suprised look on his father's face when the old man realized his son had murdered him. That useless old grumpy guy had been nothing but a menace to Norton, and to his line of business. He wondered then, if this magician would too plead for his life, like his father had when he'd kicked him over before putting the gun in his mouth and emptying the magazine in the old man's brains.

20. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Arthur

The attic room was dark, even in the middle of the day, but Arthur sat hunched over a workbench illuminated by two candles and a kerosene lamp. Wood shavings and chisels surrounded him.

He was slowly etching a line in his near finished work. A few moments later he set down his thin chisel held up the fruits of his toils. It was an unpainted wooden mask with sharply defined features, like a hawk. The eyes were wide and had lines running from the corners down to the eyes. The nose was more of a beak. Along the temples, lines traced around the edges, like the wind was blowing back against it. There were runes etched along the jawline and on top of the cheekbones.

He held it before him almost reverentially and stood, then paced over to another bench in the other corner of the small room. It held an assortment of wooden mannequin heads. Two held his other mask, The Warriors Countenance and The Face That Stopped Them. He placed this new mask on a third head. Then he stooped low, and came back up with a palette and brush and started painting.

When he was done, the mask was black and grey, with green tracing the runes. With the last brushstroke, the runes started to glow and then faded out. And it was done, he had made a new mask.

This was The Bird of Prey, imbued with the spirit of the hawk.

He would need it to complete his prerogative.

mmarage likes this.
  21. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Jesse frowned as his phone was ever rudely crushed against the cement. Damn it! That phone was expensive! "That's cheating. That wasn't an option." With a sigh of disgust, Jesse turned away and pulled another phone from his coat pocket, dialing once again. "And stop pointing that gun at me. I'm trying to make a call."

22. Kingtype

Fritz

Fritz paused in his tracks as Elean approached them.

He stepped in front of Avalyn and glared at the man. Fritz's face was intense as he didn't feel exactly about Elean other then another possible powerful figure to be admired and crushed eventually. "I'm not in a good mood. I'm in a curious mood." He replied. "Plus I'm a bit pissed. I lost my sunglasses."

Fritz's eyebrows went up as if a light bulb went off in his head. Perhaps this man could answer some things.

He began circling Elean like a feral predator. His breathing even having a slight growl to it. "I've got some questions?" He muttered

mmarage likes this.
  23. lixAxil

Elean turned his back to the man, heading to the exit...

"We can talk with a cup of coffee or similar no?" said with a smile.

He then walked aside from them, but hoping they were to follow him...

"Oh right... the others aren't with me now.... This is a game for all, so they may even appear or not, to join or oppose you..."

mmarage and Pheonix like this.
  24. Kingtype

Fritz glanced at Elean and then looked down at the map he had been carrying.

Well..........they were both going the same way.

Fritz followed along motioning for Avalyn to come with them. "Look I don't care what your talking about. No one would be stupid enough to get in my way. Right Avalyn? But after you treat you me to a cup of coffee, which you will because I'm me. I want you to show me where the bank is." Despite having the map Fritz hated reading looking. It was ugly,

mmarage and Pheonix like this.
  25. lixAxil

Elean's face twisted, almost containing a laugh...

"Fritz.... the bank is right behind this building... See?" said pointing a spot in the map...

The group then headed to a nearby cafe.... while waiting for their orders to come Elean asked.

"Saying, you said you wanted to ask stuff right?.... so go ahead!!"