1. lilmisspants

lilmisspants New Member

Screenplay Vs. Novel

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by lilmisspants, Dec 9, 2011.

What do you think is easier to write when you are first starting out? The reason I ask is because I have a story in my head that I feel I really need to write. The only problem is, I am seeing it play out like a movie. I see and hear every little detail, and when I try to write it in the form of a novel, I can't find the words. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time :)

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i mentor both beginning novelists and screenwriters, so drop me a line if you want help with this dilemma...

meanwhile, in re your question, since screenwriting requires a mandated format and a very different writing style than prose, you'd most likely find it easier to write a novel... however, if you're seeing your story as a movie, you may well decide it's worth the extra time and effort to learn how to write a script...

love and hugs, maia