Scrolls of Iria Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

l am going to pass you on that offer since I already posted. Maybe someone else?

Also, any of you use bitcoin? I am just starting with it and it has definitely stricken my fancy.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Bah Mac you HAD to pick mushroom soup....

just so you know no complaints from either of us lol -complete opposite reaction in fact

3. Macaberz

Well I though caverns could be moisty and dark, ideal for mushrooms. Besides, soup is tasty.

4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Serana is out there somewhere (exploring the ruins and such) and available for interaction. But, be forewarned, I'm going to be scarce today and most of tomorrow. If the story hasn't moved forward a whole lot by this time tomorrow, (about 7pm EST) I'd love to collab with someone. :)

5. Macaberz

The silence is killing me o.0

ZZZZzzzz....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Still interested?

7. Keitsumah

post on Starfall then -oh and this is for the girls on Tales of Panthos:

*turns wolf and pins you down, growling menacingly* get on Harry Potter- I'm already playing mama for this site but i am not gonna be a singleton! :p

8. AnonyMouse

Yup. Just got back from work and I'm ready to write. :)

I'll PM you the first bit in a few minutes and we can go from there.

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

It's been quiet so I plan to move on a bit from the character development by tomorrow evening (GMT). Admittedly work has me tied so I apologise for the absence and lack of info. If you have any questions please PM me or post in discussion.

10. Macaberz

I have to wait another day?

You can forget about tea and biscuits now Fox, unless you want it extra spicy.

;)

Honestly though, I understand, work goes first. I'll refrain from posting until you have since I don't think I can or should move Mordin and Thomas ahead much further. At best, I could strike up a conversation with Raven but that would probably become fluffy filler content, so yea, I am going to have to sight tight here.

11. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

First off hi everyone. I'll be joining you. Second off... I think I'll leave this here....

Name: Isen Holt

Race: Sun Elf

Appearance: On the pale side for a Sun Elf. Isen has dark hair shoulder length hair and pale blue eyes. He often wears a cowl over his head and pulled up covering part of his face. The left side of his face has three clean scars running down from the temple to his chin. The innermost of which has torn the corner of his mouth down, making him look like he's always frowning. He wears a mix of dark brown and grey robes. Standing at 5'10 and weighing 165 he is somewhat heavy set for an elf. One tattoo of a heron can be seen climbing up his neck to his jawline. His ears are pierced with small silver hoops and he wears a signet ring on his left hand. He carries a thick, powerful looking shortbow made from a dark wood along with a full quiver. Several knives can be seen protruding from belts and his bracers.

Background: Being descended from the one of the noble families of the Sun Elves, living as a peasant wasn't something he felt he was cut out for. Instead he learned the art of hunting and tracking from an uncle years ago. For the past several years he has resided on the outskirts of a farming hamlet near Highguard. He has made a modest living selling his catch to the townsfolk, and on occasion even to the Keep and it's Lord and Lady. He once had even been paid a small amount for information concerning game trails and good hunting areas in preparation for a nobleman hunt. Often quiet, many find his appearance disconcerting. Between his pale eyes that many feel bore straight into them and his permanent frown most he meets feel he is disapproving of them. This causes many problems in the human dominated societ he now finds himself in. Deep down he has a dry sense of humour and is good natured, unfortunately no one to share it with. Extremely proficient with his bow, he has a nearly lost art to adding a curve to the flight of his arrows, allowing him to shoot through tangle and brush. Even around trees at times. He knows nothing of sword play but can still be deadly with a knife. Several of his are balanced for throwing. He generally carries most of what he owns with him. What money he makes usually goes to buy better knives, arrows, or parts to make traps.

Class(Warrior, Wizard, Ranger, Thief): Ranger

Class Type: Hunter/Tracker/Trapper

Family History (optional): Second son to a displaced noble family. While his parents have done alright in a world where his people are frowned upon, he refused to pander to the human society's rules. This led him to follow off after a rogue uncle on his father's side. His mother's side comes from royal blood and is where he gets his unusual paleness from. There was a time when many whispered his mother's line held more than just Sun Elf in it. Times have changed and the elven community has more pressing concerns the noble gossip.

[​IMG]

Not a "Perfect" Image, but it's pretty darn close.

Macaberz likes this.
  12. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

sorry guys been really unwell been advised by doctors to stay away from computer screens and stay in bed, may be like this for another week so sorry, would someone please look after my character for a little while till I'm feeling better, uhhh even writing this hurts, see u guys later
    peace

13. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Finally read through all the other cs's lol. On one hand a lot of characters seem to be dark haired and blue eyed. On the other, in fantasy settings there would tend to be more homogenous features regionally as most people are too poor to afford travel. So in the end it makes sense.

14. Macaberz

@Mottahko First of all, welcome aboard! :)

I noticed that as well. Not trying to play a blame game here, but I think I was first to post my sheet so yea...I couldn't really have predicted that to happen. Not that it much matters to me anyway. Of course looks are important to create an image but to me, voice is much more important. The way characters behave is what'll end up remembering, not how they looked.

Talking about eye colors, there isn't that much to choose from anyway. Few people will pick brown because it's too generic (and if they do, it's a "special" brown like hazelnut brown or with tinges of this or that), Then there is blue and green, perhaps gray as well. Aside from those four, choosing any other color would make your character a vampire or possessed, or whatever.

Then hair color is much the same story. Brown, black and blonde are the obvious choices, followed by ginger red/orange (whatever you want to call it). I don't really know why but black hair blue eyes is a bit like tomato sauce and basil, they just go together nicely (in my mind at least).

That's understandable. I am guessing you have a (light) head concussion? If that's the case, staying away from screens is indeed highly advisable. In fact, boring as it is, laying down and doing nothing is the best treatment against that sort of injury, unless you want to suffer through several weeks of headaches afterwards...

15. Keitsumah

yeah they do- i use that combo even with my char Batos. Red and black for Bibindoe/Dragos, and Violet with brass hair for Keit.

16. AnonyMouse

Well, Serana gets a free pass, because...
    her actual hair/eye color is silver (hence the name of her shop). She magically altered it over time to appear more 'human' and to blend in better.

EDIT: Hmmm… apparently spoiler tags have stopped working. I thought I did something wrong but, after checking some other posts, it seems they've stopped working everywhere. *cough* the 'secret' in Nikko's CS is no longer hidden*cough*

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    Macaberz likes this.
  17. Macaberz

Well I guess I will have to stay on the latest page in this thread then, to remain willfully ignorant of Nikko's secret.

18. Keitsumah

we all know you aren't Mac.

19. Macaberz

Which part are you doubting? The ignorant part or the willfull one?

There is no way for me to prove it (if you can come up with one, please tell me) but I honestly haven't looked.

20. Keitsumah

lol *very smug look* sorry im doing very random things lately and i find them to be hilarious. Also i may be adding some very sweet pics to my gallery soon.

dw i believe you lol. i did though -and thank goodness i did or who knows what may have happened to my plot plans *dies* omg....

now the temptation shall arise...

Macaberz likes this.
  21. Macaberz

Your deviant art gallery? Cool! Looking forward to it!

22. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Mine and Anony's collab is getting a lot longer than I thought it would (I'm pretty sure it's the longest individual scene I've worked on here ;) ), but we have the first major chunk of it up if anybody's interested.

23. Macaberz

Ive read it and I can barely wait for more. I think I woke a neighbour or two by laughing out loud when Serana said "like the big mage you are". Kudo's to both of you.

24. Keitsumah

Mac I've started uploading the pics so look on deviatart and refresh it several times over a while -i will be getting more up as i go.

Macaberz likes this.
  25. Macaberz

So Kevin = Jinx?