Scrolls of Iria Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Sorry, I had to do a thing... I am back now!

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

'We cool....'we cool ;)

3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Name: Serana Sylvania

Race: human

Appearance
    She is incredibly beautiful and she knows it and you know it too. To her, this is an undeniable fact. Serana is average height, but that is the only thing "average" about her. She has an exaggerated hourglass figure, stunning from any angle. Her eyes are a crystal clear icy blue, and a man (or woman) can get lost in them for hours. Her hair is as dark as a moonless night and falls like a shadow over her otherwise flawless pale skin. Her facial features are small, elfin, and perfect. Though she doesn't dress scandalously, with a body like hers it is hard not to turn heads. She is a feast for the eyes. Despite being a member of the middle class, her dresses outdo the attire of women far above her station. Simply put, she's just too right… so right, it's wrong.

Background
    Serana is something of an enigma, wrapped up in a mystery, and swathed in fine silk. Despite the constant flow of rumors about her, very little is known about her past and she prefers to keep it that way. She came to Highguard nearly thirty years ago and hasn't aged a day. In fact, her once-silver hair has slowly turned a dark, rich black, as if she is growing more youthful and "perfect" every year. With her beauty and intellect (and cunning… lots of cunning), it did not take her long to earn the favor of the lords and barons... and the ire of their inferior wives. She quickly found a place within the castle proper, instead of outside the keep where the common folk dwell.

Her shop, "The Silver Lady," has changed much over the years. Those who have lived in Highguard long enough will remember it was once a tailor's shop, selling fine dresses and tapestries. It eventually morphed into a glassblower's shop, selling vials, vases, and baubles. For a short time, she sold potions and elixirs, but it is now a "curiosity shop," selling various odds and ends until she decides who/what to be next. Although her physical appearance has stabilized, Serana's motives and desires remain uncertain. Most people can see she has political ambitions, but none can see what they are or what she will do to achieve them. She has no true enemies in Highguard, but most people --especially among the upper class-- regard her with suspicion.

Class: Wizard
    Class Type: Alchemist

Family History
    Serana suspects she is not a full-blooded human and secretly believes she may have sun elf ancestry. Her appearance and affinity for magic attest to this, but she has no other proof; it is only a theory. She hails from the town of Silver Lake in Darn, where she was raised by adoptive human parents... half a century ago.

Other Information
    Despite her outwardly vain behavior and posh lifestyle, Serana is not afraid to get her hands dirty. She is quick-tongued, cool under pressure, and keeps a dagger concealed on her person at all times. Also, she isn't a mage in the typical sense, but has an affinity for water and a special gift (see spoiler). This is, like everything else, a secret.
    Serana's special ability allows her to turn ordinary water into an enchanted elixir she calls the Aetherial Solvent. Adding things to this solvent creates powerful potions. It usually has the effect of enhancing the properties of whatever substance is mixed into it. She has been experimenting with the aetherial solvent for decades and has discovered many formulae, but others exist:

Healing Potion: A healing potion, which magnifies the body's natural healing properties. It is made by adding a few drops of the patient's blood to a vial of solvent and shaking vigorously. The solvent can also be applied to an open wound, for localized healing. If drank by a healthy person, this potion will give an invigorating rush of strength and vitality (like an energy drink or adrenaline shot).

Potion of Light: Creates a blinding flash of sunlight when thrown. It is made by applying focused sunlight (using a magnifying glass) to a vial of solvent. It can also be shaken instead of thrown, to generate steady sunlight.

Ice Potion: When thrown, this potion snap freezes on contact, forming slick ice or jagged icicles. It is made by applying fresh snow to a vial of solvent or chilling it in an ice chest.

Fire Potion: When thrown, this potion explodes in a flash of unquenchable fire. It cannot be extinguished by water and will burn until it is exhausted. This potion is made by submerging flames in aetherial solvent (it will not put the fire out, but the solvent will adopt the fire's properties).

Potion of Learning: This potion is made by burning a book or similar writings and dissolving its ashes in a vial of solvent. When drank, the potion has the same effect as reading the entire book. This potion can also be used as a form of subliminal messaging, by burning things Serana has written and slipping it into someone's drink.

Potion of Forgetfulness: Similar to the potion of learning, but this one is made from the ashes of blank paper. When drank, it causes retrograde amnesia. The amount of time forgotten is equivalent to the number of pages burned. An entire blank book can wipe out a year of memory.

Potion of Metamorphosis: When drank, it changes a person's appearance. The effect and its duration seems to be random and includes animal forms. The transformation can be quite painful. This potion is made by mixing crushed butterfly/moth wings, cocoon silk, and mashed caterpillars with a vial of aetherial solvent and shaking well before drinking.

Cat Potion: Summons hundreds of cats, who absolutely adore the smell and taste of this potion. Very useful in cities with a high population of strays. It is made by mixing nepeta (catnip) with the solvent. Other variations of this potion include the rat potion (cheese), dog potion (dried jerky and meat bones), bird potion (bread crumbs and seeds), and a fish potion (seaweed and fishscales).

Potion of Transmutation: The alchemist's holy grail, this potion can turn ordinary metals into gold… or vice versa. It is made by soaking a metal (i.e. a gold coin) in the solvent and shaking well. The metal will dissolve and any metals submerged in the liquid afterward will turn into that metal. By this method, one gold coin can be used to turn a handful of copper, silver, iron, etc pieces into gold. But the starter item is destroyed and the effect weakens as the potion is repeatedly used, resulting in decreasing purity.

Macaberz likes this.
  4. Macaberz

@AnonyMouse cool cs! :D

Also, if anyone feels like picking up Mordin, be my guest, I left whoever he smashed into particularly vague, so it really could be anyone.

5. Macaberz

Scratch that last.

6. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Are there, perchance, still open spots? :D

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@Crumpets: Are you officially out of VenShara, or will you continue there too?
    EDIT: Forget it, you just posted xD. Good as I like the guy

8. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Hehe. I couldn't think of a way to get Szmierc back in but I haz now found one!

9. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Hello, everyone! First post written and posted - I'm so excited for this RP!

10. lixAxil

Hey is that a Trainer with a Rattata?

11. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Yes, it is! It's based on youngster Joey's Rattata (youngster Joey is a trainer in Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal. If you get his phone number, he will keep ringing you up to tell you that "My rattata is special. It's not like other rattata. It's like my rattata is in the top percentage of rattata"). I found the picture very funny and knew the perfect signature to go with it :D

12. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

Good Morning, Chaps and Chapettes.
    I have posted my character intro and I await the remaining. Huzzah.

13. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Edit: Nevermind

14. lixAxil

Pokemon's true main antagonist

15. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

@Crumpets yes, it is also based on the lion king
    @Asune I absolutely agree! Much more annoying than any of the unfortunately named "Rocket Grunt"s. I mean, if you had a name like that, you'd have to join Team Rocket to keep from being humiliated.

16. Tara

Tara Senior Member

Morning everyone. Here's my character

Name: Raven

Race: Human

Appearance: Raven is about 5” 7 tall and slim, but not extremely skinny. She has black hair and dark eyes, but a light skin. She will mostly be seen wearing simple dresses when she’s inside the castle, but when she goes out she prefers knee length tunics, a black cape and soft leather boots. Raven has a scar on her back, but she always keeps it covered, because she considers it her only physical flaw.

Background: When Raven was 8 years old her mother died, three years passed between the time her mother died and Raven came to Highguard.

At the age of 11 Raven came to the castle of Highguard. No one knows exactly what kind of life she lived before she came to the castle, and Raven herself refuses to talk about it. Some people say she’s worked as an assassin, but Raven never confirms or denies this when anyone asks her about it. The scar on her back indicates that she’s had at least one near-deadly encounter with someone.

Raven is one of the " unimportant" servants now, she chose for this because she's hiding and she does not want to draw attention to herself. But she has done some other jobs for people who were willing to pay for it, this may or may not involve some spying around the castle. She never had any connections to the important people of Highguard, but she knew most of the people on the castle by name and of some people she knew more than just their names, this is because she likes to snoop.

Class (Warrior, Wizard, Ranger, Thief): Thief

Family History (optional): Raven’s father is said to be a Drow, but apart from Raven’s mother, who died 8 years ago, no one knew this for sure, unless Raven is not telling the truth about what she knows.

Any Other Information: Raven relies on stealth. She likes to sneak around and mind businesses that are not her own. She likes to keep to herself, but if she likes someone she is very loyal. She prefers the night over the day. She has a cat named Shadow. Her only weapon -a knife that's too long to be a dagger, too short to be a sword- is also her only valuable possession. Raven tends to have a temper; she can usually control it, but if she gets angry she gets really angry.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    Arannir likes this.
  17. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

oh I really want to play that is it any good?

18. motormouth1312

motormouth1312 Member

hey Tara your character looks good, mysterious I like that!

19. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

@motormouth1312 yeah it's a great game. The focus on character, The setting, Amazing. It just blew my mind.

20. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

Eating Marmite on toast . . . yum!

21. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

@Newtonium Great breakfast choice. Though I didn't have any today.

22. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

How is everyone on this splendiferous morning?

23. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

@Crumpets I'm sure we can squeeze you in :)

Btw all, Each character sheet is linked to the first post of the discussion thread, so you can easily access each character and read up on their backgrounds.

EDIT: I'm good thanks Arannir, and yourself?

24. Newtonium

Newtonium Member

@Arannir I'm well thanks

25. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

@Fan7asticMrFox I'm brilliant thanks for asking...