1. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Semantics

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Xatron, Apr 7, 2013.

I would like to know the correct symbol or whatever i should use when i want to signal the end of a section inside a chapter.

For example i have a chapter which consists of 3 parts, each from a different POV. Do i use just a # when one part ends to signal the beginning of the next part? Or should i use something more? I am talking about formatting a manuscript in order to ultimately send it to publishers.

Thank you in advance.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

That's right. Just use a single #, centered on the line, to separate sections. In fact, if you go to our General Writing page, you'll see the sticky threads at the top, and one of them is called Writing Resource Links. There's one for manuscript preparation, and it takes you to William Shunn's page. He's got all the industry-standard formats there, and all your questions will be answered!

3. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Thank you, i hadn't noticed that.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that...

btw, what you are describing are called 'line breaks'... and they occur when you change location/time/character pov within a chapter...