1. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Seriously Now!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Charisma, Sep 8, 2008.

Err...I kind of posted a song in the song forum, and now it's missing. I believe that had my lack of reviewing been the reason of moderation control, the moderators would've locked the thread. But, interestingly, the song just disappeared.

First, a post in it vanished, and then the thread itself. The title of the thread was 'Long long time ago'. I know it's my fault too, but I didn't keep a copy of the song on my computer. :mad:

I've recently reported a few other kinks in the site, which have not been paid attention to, but I hope the moderators would listen to this one thing. I really didn't expect to lose my song suddenly, and though it's just a freaking one page song, I don't memorize my songs ever so often and would still like it back.

Thanks in advance.

2. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Yeah, something similar happened in the rpg forum when Leaka's game just disappeared.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As a moderator, I looked for the thread and did not find it when you first told me it was missing. I should have found it if it were there at some point, unless someone hard-deleted it, and I seriously doubt that any of the moderators would do that.

Now that I know the title, I searched ALL your posts, and I still don't see it, so you apparently did not accidentally post it onto another thread.

Only Daniel has the means to look for a hard-deleted post.

However, what I think is far more likely is that you clicked the button to submit the post, but due to network problems the request was never received at the server. We have no control over network issues.

The only thing I can think of is for you to send a PM to Daniel and ask him if he can tell if it may have somehow been hard deleted. Make sure you tell him the title, or a key phrase to search for.

Please don't blame the moderators. We do as much as we can in these cases with the information available to us.

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply, Cogito. I did not mean to offend the moderators, just a little cranky up there I guess. Anyway, I remember seeing the thread after I posted it, and even a few days after the post. One day - well, today - it seemingly went away.

Daniel hasn't been online lately, but I'll write him a PM anyhow. Thanks again.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    I recall from my days as a mod, that happened all the time to people.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

However, the problem became much less prevalent after Daniel moved the site to the current server. The performace issues with the previous provider was killing us on the network.