1. Googoo300

Googoo300 New Member

Setting help

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Googoo300, Dec 28, 2016.

I'm struggling to decide whether or not my story should be based in its own world separate from earth or be reached through a portal on earth.
    I know it would come down to which fit my storyline better. The basic storyline would be a female character finding out her mother was a royal to this country and the family returning. But I don't know if it would be more believable to sell her confusion with the country if she was an American going through a portal to another land. Or if she already lived in this mystical land.

2. 221BOlympusExpress

221BOlympusExpress Member

If she already lived in this mystical land that you talk about, then it would be kind of weird, her not knowing of her mother being a royal, because c'mon, she would at least have doubts or small clues which she wouldn't have confirmed but still the notion that her mother MIGHT be a royal would exist in her head. But if she lived on Earth, though I must admit I don't quite understand how her being from a mystical land and still living on Earth works, then I think her unawareness regarding her mother being a royal could make sense.

3. 221BOlympusExpress

221BOlympusExpress Member

Also, forgive me if I got you wrong.