Tags:
  1. JCKey618

JCKey618 Member

Short stories on Twitter?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCKey618, Jul 21, 2009.

I just signed up for Twitter and I was never in to the whole, know everything about your life thing, but I started doing short stories (inspired by the Hemingway 'For sale: baby shoes, never worn" and its a cool little experimentation.

Some things I've come up with:

J_C_Key account:

I don't know my name, where I'm from, why there is so much blood. No pain. Tried talking to him-he isn't moving. My hunger frightens me.

In shadow, he is patient. Jeopardy, tv-dinner, beer, doze to reruns. Routine. Strokes knife as pedophile settles w/ Cools Light. Soon.

Haunting ghosts say ‘find killer be4 too late.' He fails. Article beside slain wife: ‘crash wipes mans memory.' Their killer was him.

Jim + Sue have 3 kids, 6 grandkids, 3 scrapbooks, + 144hrs of home video. Jim has Alzheimers: each day he finds new love + she loses the old

Before today, didnt believe in aliens, didnt believe in a lot of things. I go now. If seen again, I must be crazy. If not, I saved the world

Chained in dungeon for 8 days, no food, only puddle water, sittin in feces + piss. Rats waited until he gave up swatting and began to feed.

Some I like, some I don't. Anyone else ever tried to be creative over twitter? What kind of responses you get?

Also, if anything, I think it can help come up with and be a storage place for ideas for bigger projects.

2. Seppuku

Seppuku New Member

I was reading about this in last month's issue of 'Writers' Forum', where people are telling stories on twitter - I think they're usually existing ones. I've been meaning to try doing this myself.

To do Echo and Narcissus (I don't want to do any major novels to save spoiling them):

Narcissus loves himself. Echo loves him cursed to repeat Narcissus' words. He heeds no nymphs. A many heartbroken. Death becomes of him.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I suppose it would be a use for Twitter, which otherwise I've found to be pretty pointless...

4. Seppuku

Seppuku New Member

Twitter's a good update/advertising place - I follow a few friends who are working on projects and a company who sold me a piece of software I use regularly, so it's handy to find out what they're released.

I have a couple of projects of my own and I've recently signed up to Squidoo, so it's another way of advertising articles I've written, though to date I have 1.

Social networking, keeping up to date with friends etc? Facebook does the job swimmingly and Twitter would be a fool if they wanted to compete. ;)