1. Ulquiorra9000

Ulquiorra9000 Member

Short Story Short story concept open to adoption

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Ulquiorra9000, Jun 29, 2018.

I've had this story idea but I'm not sure how to flesh it out. Anyone is free to adopt it and make something of it. Right now, I just have a bare-bones premise.

In 1916, an African man from English colonial Africa visits Ireland (whether by his own volition or requirement) and he may or may not be a soldier fighting for the British Empire. In Ireland, he is surrounded by people who have lived under English rule, not having a nation of their own. Although Caucasian, unlike him, he might feel kinship with them or may scorn them for not living under conditions in colonial Africa. It might have a strong moral them, or may be just a piece of his life and have a non-ending, to give it an early Modernist feel.

2. Shnette

Shnette Active Member

Very interesting premise that will require a bit of research.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but the only thing I know is the Afro-Celt Sound System.

3. Ulquiorra9000

Ulquiorra9000 Member

The story's all yours if you want it! I have another idea or two that I'm more interested in writing myself. If you write this, I'd love to see it!