Shows that should never have been cancelled

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Gigi_GNR, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Alan Lincoln

Alan Lincoln Active Member

Deadwood.
    Carnivale.
    Vegas.

The bastards in charge who made those decisions deserve an umbrella opened up their ass.

I don't believe in God but I was really praying they wouldn't cancel 'Breaking bad' once I started watching and loving it. Was the same with 'The Wire' and 'Sopranos'.

2. Dean Stride

Dean Stride Senior Member

They cancelled Breaking Bad? Why?

3. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

They didn't cancel it. The creator of the show, Vince Gilligan, simply decided that 5 seasons was enough. I think the plan was to make 4 or 5 seasons from the very beginning.

4. Dean Stride

Dean Stride Senior Member

That was my impression as well, seeing as how popular it is.

5. Alan Lincoln

No, Breaking Bad isn't cancelled. Fucking hope not anyway!

6. smerdyakov

smerdyakov Member

They should bring back Spaced with Simon Pegg....funniest show ever IMO :D

7. DreamingAshes

DreamingAshes New Member

Angel. It was sad to see such a huge build-up and then just have it kind-of fizzle away.

8. alexandriadeloraine

alexandriadeloraine Member

I gotta second Farscape, it was a really great show that ended way too soon, despite efforts to close it up.

My number one pick would be Married... with Children, though. I know it ran for 11 seasons, and that's not a bad run, but it just kinda stopped without really ending.

- Alexandria de Loraine

9. Smitty91

Smitty91 Member

I wish Kim Possible, The Proud Family, and Brandy & Mr. Whiskers hadn't been cancelled. Yeah, a lot of Disney shows. For that matter, Phil of the Future shouldn't have gotten cancelled. It was a very interesting, original idea that could have gone on longer than the ordinary three seasons. With Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, we never found out if Brandy and Whiskers ever got out of the Amazon rain forest. At least with Kim Possible, it was renewed for a fourth season. I would have liked it if The Proud Family had gone on. The series finale was a blatant rip-off of The Even Stevens Movie, which also served as its series finale. It would have been nice to see Penny finally meet a nice boy and move on with her life, to see what Suga Mama passing away would have been like (could also serve as a really heartwarming moment between her and Oscar), to see the twins grow up, and to see Oscar finally give his daughter some freedom (albeit, he did do so at the end of the series finale). For that matter, it would have been nice to see where Dijonay and Sticky's relationship went and whether Zoey would have ended up with a nice boy and whether or not the Gross Sisters cleaned up their act. Eh, I'm starting to ramble. Those are just my picks for shows that shouldn't have gotten cancelled.

10. slurpy_NinJa

slurpy_NinJa Member

Terra Nova...Jurassic Park + Lost = Amazazing!

Alphas. To me it was a more realistic approach to the superhero genre where the abilities were explained by science and the Alphas had a give and take method with their powers. And it was a crime against humanity the way they cancelled it on I dare say one of the most intense cliffhangers I've even seen.

Dollhouse...Man Dang!

11. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

I second that!

12. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Dude, I loved Carnivale! I support you umbrella idea. Make it a golf umbrella. ;)

BUDDY GORGEOUS likes this.
  13. Alan Lincoln

Ha ha, I approve the use of a golf umbrella!

14. Sonne Lore

Sonne Lore Active Member

Firefly - Of course, arguably Joss' greatest creation and the shiniest TV 'verse ever. I will never understand why, even with all the viewer support, it never got a second chance. I must have signed a hundred different petitions to get it back on air.

The Finder - Ugh, the runors I heard surrounding not only this show but others was that they were cancelled so another show could have it's tine slot. I adored this show, Walter is an incredibly complex and interesting character who never really got to shine.

Sanctuary - Another amazing show which got canned after too ahort a time. Four seasons was absolutely nowhere near enough time to explore such an intricate, diversely populated and well built world.

Sinbad - Granted, I'm unsure if this series was cancelled due to lack of funding but it was an incredible take on a great legend and it should have been allowed at least anothwr season or two.

Dark Angel - James Cameron did alright with this one, who doesn't love large doses of Jessica Alba and Jensen Ackles? I was disappointed when season two ended and there wasn't a proper conclusion to anything at all.

Alcatraz - Pretty much every answer above could apply to this show.

VGHS - I'm absolutely in love with this series. Crowd funded and written by Teddy Wong, it was an epic win from day one but just four seasons? Come on guys!

15. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I'm sure there were loads, but most recently, I was gutted when Body of Proof got cancelled. After a bit of a slow start, it became the best written forensic drama on tv. Luckily, it became replaced by Elementary on my watch list, but still, I wish it stayed on. I'm also still not over the cancellation of Frasier and Will and Grace.

16. Larissa Redeker

Larissa Redeker Active Member

Awake. Canceled because people can't understand it. Mankind depresses me. :/

17. DeathChamberzMusic

DeathChamberzMusic New Member

Allot of comedies
    Up All Night any young parent will totally relate to the show.
    Happy Endings

18. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Just found this little gem Dead Like Me from the early '00s. That show is hilarious but only ran for 2 seasons :( And then something like How I Met Your Mother goes on for like 10 seasons.

I loved Deadwood but I felt they ended it before it grew stale. Carnivàle did end too early, though.

Wreybies likes this.
  19. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Dead Like Me, a show that I looooooved, did have a film that tied up the story. Don't know if you found it along with the series.

Carnivàle was awesome! :cool:

20. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

How I met your mother is awesome.

I wish they kept Jericho going after season one, I know there is a season two, but they just crammed anything they could in it to explain stuff, it was really bad..

21. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

T and I watched the film too, but it was a bit of a disappointment 'cause Daisy's actress had changed and while it was an attempt to tie everything up, it just made me double-sad that the series didn't get the chance it deserved.

22. vera2014

vera2014 Member

Roseanne could have gone on for another decade. I loved that show.

23. Peter Werme

Peter Werme Member

I absolutely agree. The show was great.

24. MLM

MLM Banned for trolling

Earth 2
    SeaQuest
    Alien Nation
    Sliders
    etc

25. Burlbird

Burlbird Contributor Contributor

So, if they should never have
    been cancelled, does it mean they should've continued, perpetually, forever? Like Doctor Who? Which finally got cancelled - just to be ressurected! :D

Just kiddin'... Yeah, Twin Peaks, and Farscape, and Firefly... But I'm wondering...

Lately I've found the classic format of an American TV series, the 22-25 60-minute slot episodes per season, to be a really tiresome and back-hurting idea. I mean, my back starts hurting after 20 hours of sitting, no matter how comfortable the cushions are. And the filler episodes. And more filler episodes. And season-long character arcs. And then the writers goes to strike and characters start acting out of character. And then yay, a cliffhanger. Just before cancellation. :)