1. Jaded Heart

Jaded Heart New Member

Shy new girl...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jaded Heart, Mar 11, 2015.

Just wanted to say hi... I don't really like putting myself out there since I'm really not that great of a writer. I haven't been able to write anything at all for the past 13 years, but have recently started writing again. Wrote the first thing since high school just last night, and I actually liked it myself (which is rare for me).
    Anyway, I'm a 31 year old single mother of 2. We've been struggling for years and I'm hoping that I have enough talent to keep our heads above the water. I would truly appreciate any and all feedback on my work. I'm going to post last nights piece in general writing since I don't know where else to put it. Thanks :)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Jaded Heart, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start Guide - it'll get you going around here.

Please note that there are certain requirements you have to meet before you can post your work here. It's not that we discourage members from posting their work (that's the main reason this forum exists, after all), but we do want members to give as well as receive, and the requirements are one way to help ensure that. You'll find them all in the Guide I linked to above.

Unfortunately, if you haven't met the requirements, we'll have to remove your submission until you do. Sorry in advance! I'm sure you understand.

Don't worry that you're not that great of a writer. We all start out as "not that great of a writer." This forum exists to help not-great writers become better. It seems to work for a lot of people! Participate and have fun! :)

3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Welcome Jaded Heart,

You never know what level of success you can reach in writing if you don't give it your best shot, realizing it's often a long slog, with no guarantee of success for the effort. Hang in there and keep pressing forward, and improving, and good to hear your back at writing after the long hiatus.

Terry

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.