1. PokeNet

PokeNet Member

Small Quote

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by PokeNet, Feb 14, 2014.

Couldn't really find a place on the forum where this would fit, so decided to put it here :)
    So basically, my friend is going through some really tough times in life, with his mother drinking, smoking, gambling, and giving him a hard time, even getting him arrested once for abuse. I was thinking about the situation and this line popped into my head. When reading this, imagine your in his position, and you have to put up with everything he does.
    "Strength comes from the heart. And sadly, your the weakest bitch I've ever met.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Strength comes from what you're standing on, and it had better be bedrock.

BobKowalski likes this.
  3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

first of all, should be 'you're' not 'your'...

sorry, but i don't see the sense of that quote... the two parts don't quite gibe to me...

4. PokeNet

PokeNet Member

Well thanks for the grammar fix for a start :)
    Secondly, if you look at the situation from his P.O.V, basically she always swears and drinks and gets angry with him, but she will never actually be strong by swearing like that, because she has no heart.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, it may be clear to you, but i see no connection there between the mother's 'strength' and 'heart' that makes any sense to me...

how does her being such a trial to him have anything to do with her being strong, or not?... i think you may be giving 'strength' and 'strong' different meanings than they would normally have in this context...

he's the one who can become strong as a result of her treating him so badly...