So, my character is not real.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Alixander Fey, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

No hyperbole in that statement, is there?

Some questions really do need to be turend back to the writer. Don't you think it's at all helpful to knolw which questions fall into that category?

2. captain kate

captain kate Senior Member

Sometimes folks are too hard...

with the flip back on the writer...yes ultimately everything comes down to the person at the keypad. However, each and everyone of us has been in the position where we're wonder what the heck we're doing. Ultimately, it's the responses we get from the people around us that determine whether we continue a lot.

Question posts like this don't bother me as much as the long-running "do you think you're a good writer" thread does...because ultimately, if you have to ask you're probably not...you've got to believe on yourself, teach yourself and work to be any good. As for pointing people in the right direction about making characters, I'm more then open to help people via PM on the subject....

3. freeflow

freeflow New Member

When I make my characters, even if they are fantasy, I start with quirks. Things that you can relate to. Like my head strong, angel, that always gets in trouble, is in love with Johnny Depp. Just things that make them different. Also, like others said before, just make them different, and have personality.
    Hope it helps!