SoI: The Isle of the Sun Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

KING! I don't think I've EVER seen you write a girl character! Here's your chance!

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Pasted

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

I have a few times but not much in RPGs

Game just always dies.

My sweet Ginger Jones :(

But yessssss

I should join if everybody elsssssseeeee issssss.....you all are pulling me away from my worrrrrkkkkkkk buuuuut fiiiiiiine .....ugh, but my otheeeeeer wooooooooooooooooork. But okaaaaaay Ill whip something up seeeeeee what happens

4. lixAxil

I got it.
    Ginger Jones, grand grand daughter of Davy Jones who seeks to sink the ship as an offer to her GGfather's locker.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Oh I got this!!! Name ideas!

-Misty
    -Brook
    -Aqua
    -Cascade
    -Oceana

And the best of all, Marine!

Except that sounds familiar too.......

Love to Write and Kingtype like this.
  6. lixAxil

Saliva

JessWrite and Kingtype like this.
  7. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Name: Saorla Uí Donnghaile

Race:
    Human

Appearance:
    Saorla has long curly auburn hair that stretches to the swell of her butt. Her face is littered with freckles. Her pale, freckled face is highlighted with coffee colored eyes. She carries in lines near her mouth evidence of a once cheerful smile that didn’t quit. Baggy clothes hide a thin, rangy figure. Creamy Irish hands are often covered by too-long sleeves, and her pants drag across the ground.

Background:
    Saorla was born and raised in Darn, and she was as happy as she could be. Saorla was taught to cook by her mother, and she was able to sustain herself until she met her husband Declán Uí Donnghaile. Saorla found more happiness than she thought that she could experience. Sharing bodies with Declán gave her the gift of twin girls; Muirinn and Éile, and happiness morphed into unadulterated bliss which was agonizingly brief. It was all torn away when she came home to find that her family had been murdered. Her heart was broken, and she’d lost the will to nourish herself, wash herself, anything to keep herself alive.

After a year, of sitting on a throne of bones, under a decrepit, rickety roof that threatened her day in and day out, she found some comfort in the study of medicine. She’d heard filtered whispers of the power of magic and she let herself hope that she would someday revive her family. Practical medicine was a long distance away of being what she needed, so she put Darn behind her and followed the whispers to Boradith so that she might learn magic. Years went by, and all sorts of tricks were learned, but nothing proved powerful enough to revive her family body, mind and soul alike.

Finally, she faced the facts that she had to go somewhere else. She knew just the place; she was going to revive her family, she was going to seize happiness and take back what once was hers. .

Reason for Boarding the Kamela:
    Learn more about magic

Class(Warrior, Wizard, Ranger, Thief):
    Wizard

Class Type: Healer

Main Strength:
    Healing of all sorts

Main Weakness:
    Can’t fight, in any fashion, she is single minded in her healing arts.

Any Other Information:
    Saorla’s journey to reviving her family has been long, she has done many things to learn what she knows, some things she will never talk about learning different magical arts anything that to revive her family.

JessWrite and Love to Write like this.
  8. Love to Write

[​IMG]

JessWrite likes this.
  9. Love to Write

Now I've got cravings to watch FMA: Brotherhood again. Darn you! *turns on the anime.

JessWrite and lixAxil like this.
  10. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Would it have been better if I had said that her mother was eaten by a giant titan?

Mottahko, Love to Write and JessWrite like this.
  11. lixAxil

Did she burn down her house?
    Just asking

12. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

No, but she did get stuck in a video game, where you die in the game you die in real life. Lots of swords were involved in that one.

Love to Write likes this.
  13. lixAxil

All right I must say I'm lost with that last one

14. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

It was Sword Are Online, I got my friends all into that one. On a more relevant note, I have clinicals early tomorrow morning so I'll make my intro post when I get back from those, since its getting moderately late tonight, here. I had started on it, but I just didn't like the way it sounded, so it should be up tomorrow.

Love to Write likes this.
  15. Kingtype

Name: The Bard

Race: Human

Appearance: She is an average sized human girl for her age with a face somewhere caught between slender and round, its dotted in freckles that match her orange pug tailed red hair
    She dresses in mostly green clothing with a darker green cape. A small green skirt over the same colored leggings and a worn green Peter Pan like shirt.

Her shoes are of the eleven variety with little bells on the tips of them when they curve up.

The Bard only carries four items. Her Ukuele, dagger and two bags filled with gold to get her into the academy which she keeps on her waist.

Background: The Bard is the youngest of a family ten; all of them are famous Bards across the three rings all of them known for the wonderful music and poetry.
    Of course eventually time came for The Bard to take up barding as the rest of her family has except one tiny bit of a problem.
    The child simply had no talent for it and she was worked like a dog from that day. Training day in and day out in both magic, writing and of course music.

Sadly she barely improved at all and thus her parents started treating her as an embarrassment mostly putting her to work on the farm. One day while The Bard was working her parent's farm when she'd gotten word of Hezengoth's Academy for Poets. A school that claimed it could teach anyone the mastery of THE WORD no matter how skill they lacked.

The Bard passed the information to her parents and sent her on her way with bags full of cash from their latest performances.

So off she went to the academy by way of the The Voyager ship to become a better Bard.

Reason for Boarding the Kamela: Kamela? What do you mean? This is the Voyager that is taking me to the Hezengoth's Academy for Poets.

Class: Wizard

Class Type: Conjuration/Illusion casting

Main Strength:
    She can casts illusions and mind spells by playing her Ukulele using her poetry as words of power to channel the magic. Members of her family are known for destroying the minds of men and women a like with their beautiful music or driving people to tears with their words.

Main Weakness:
    Her Ukulele playing is sub-par at best and her poetry is terrible, which of course by in turn makes her Main Strengths completely useless

Family History (optional):

Any Other Information:
    The Bard has a terrible sense of direction, has no rythm nor agility, loses track of time easily and suffers badly from motion sickness....even sometimes when standing up or walking.

16. Love to Write

Meek already hates her. :p

17. Kingtype

Ooops forgot to send to Fox XD

CRAP!

@Fan7asticMrFox

Yo Fox homie, PM slipped me mind! Is The Bard alright

18. Kingtype

But....but Ukulele?

19. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

That's a very valid argument.

Kingtype likes this.
  20. lixAxil

Oh SAO, yeah could be, I was thinking on .Hack but people doesn't die there, they're put into a coma xD.
    And yeah I know the feeling, I have to wake up early tomorrow and head up to the hospital... but I've grow used to little sleep.

21. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Apparantly me too, I couldn't sleep until it was posted. AND DONE. Also ,hack, there is one I have not seen on quite some time. Maybe I should look into that series again.

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Hey, peeps. This RP is gonna be cool, I can tell. :)

Name: Shango Ka

Appearance: Shango is tall and lithe, with immaculate black skin, a full mouth, large amber-colored eyes framed by thick dark lashes, slender hands with long graceful fingers and big feet, and he keeps his hair in crinkly jet-black braids that fall on either side of his lean handsome face. He wears crimson robes and gold jewelry, including a thick gold ring pierced through his nose. He walks with a large solid-gold staff covered in hieroglyphics with a gold circle on top; it is called the Staff of Ka. Sometimes the Staff is also a thick ebony staff with a gold cap on the top and bottom, if Shango wills it.

Background:
    Shango comes from a long line of royalty. His family has ruled the desert land of Kemet for many centuries, a smaller nation that is independant from the Three Rings. Kemetites worship the god Ka, the god of Air and Fire, and Shango's parents even believe the Royal family are his descendants.

Like everyone else in his family, he has strong magick running through his veins. He can conjure and manipulate the elements Air and Fire in many different ways. When indoors his power over Air is lessened so that he can only create little bursts of wind that can knock over a vase on a shelf or shove someone back. And if hes in a damp environment with lots of moisture in the air, his power over Fire is also constricted to making weak little flames on his fingers and not much else.

With the Staff of Ka, he can summon Great and Lesser Spirits and command them to do his bidding. But, he has not yet mastered the Staff and he practices with it daily; if he wants to be a bit more inconspicuous, he can turn the Staff into an ebony staff that doesn't attract as much attention. He can also use it as a plain fighting weapon.

Shango wanted to see the world before he becomes King and cannot leave his country. His family did not want him to go, but he insisted and they had no choice but to let him leave. He wants to see the Isle of the Sun because he is fascinated by it and wants to see if its beauty rivals that of Kemet.

Wizard.

Class Type: A powerful sorcerer from a long line of sorcerers.

Main Strength:
    Conjuring and manipulating the elements Air and Fire.

Main Weakness:
    Underground or indoor places, and damp environments.

Any Other Information:
    Shango is trained in staff fighting, but he's not nearly as good as a true warrior. He also keeps a gold knife hidden under his robes.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  23. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I'm heeeere~!

Name:
    Joe

Appearance: Joe is 5'8, he has straight brown hair that goes down to his forehead in the front and down his neck in the back, brown eyes, pale skin, and a slender frame.

Background: Joe left the orphanage when he was 14 years old, he couldn't stand it there, most of the kids picked on him and his caregivers were neglectful toward the children that they were, and I use this word very loosely, raising. Any money that came in for the orphanage went right into their pockets, buying themselves fine foods, wines, clothing, and even jewelry if they receive enough. But of course, whatever money they didn't squander on their gluttony and vanity, they got just enough food and clothing to keep people appeased and barely keep their children fed and clothed.

Joe's original plan was to become an amazing sorcerer and run far away from that place and rely on his magical powers to see him through life. However, when he laid his hands on a book on magic, every spell that he tried wouldn't work. He simply didn't have the aptitude to perform magic. So, he looked for alternatives, and he found one in the end. Alchemy, creating a range of medicines, bombs, even magical items out of several different resources, and even improving weapons and armor through imbuing. He began with a worn out old book that was left abandoned in the streets.

Though of course, in order to gather the necessary materials in order to create something, he'd need either money, which he did not have, or he'd need to go out and gather them himself in potentially dangerous areas. All he had going for him was his agility really. He'd always just outrun and out-climb any of the kids that tried to beat him up. Basically, if he were up against a real threat, he'd have to abandon his task and run if it were a hungry wild animal or a dangerous person looking to rob him, even then, it would not be certain that he'd leave there alive.

His cheapest solution was to buy something to defend himself. However, an actual weapon was far too expensive to actually purchase, and if it was something that was too nice, his caregivers would certainly take it for themselves. He found a farmer looking to sell an old rusty scythe he used to harvest his crops. It wasn't much and no one else was interested in it, so he worked odd jobs and bought the scythe. He sharpened it to the best of his ability and trained with it until he felt competent enough to venture out of the city.

Once he gathered a nice stockpile of ingredients, he used the cauldron of a kindly old woman that he often ran errands for. His first few attempts ended in complete disaster and a lot of cleaning up. However, he ultimately came up with a weak medicine for scrapes and cuts. A small step in his new path. He even managed to sell the medicine for a little bit of money. Not much mind you, after all, it wasn't made very well, at the very least, it would have a semi-decent chance to prevent a wound from becoming infected. However, it was enough for his caregivers to take notice and demand it. He refused, he had done all of the work after all. They called him ungrateful and kicked him out with nothing but the alchemy book, his scythe, the small amount of gold he earned, and the clothes on his back. Joe left without ever looking back.

Joe wandered aimlessly for a while, relying on the generosity of strangers, and using what little skill he had to raise money, either by hunting animals and selling their pelts, hunting bandits or animals that were being a nuisance to the town, or using alchemy to create items that were in demand by the townspeople. Over the years he became more and more adept with his scythe and alchemy, getting a few lessons from others that used the weapon or the art. He eventually bought a proper scythe to fight with, newer alchemy books, and a proper wardrobe that wasn't full of holes and made of cheap, easily damaged materials, though, of course, these were considered luxuries and would only be bought after months of saving.

In the end, he knew he could no longer rely on luck and the kindness of others to live and decided to board the Kamela, wanting to go to Morolith and visit Boradith in hopes that he could learn from a master of the art, he saved everything that he possibly could through his exploits and bought passage aboard the ship.

Reason for Boarding the Kamela: Joe boarded the Kamela in order to further his practice in Alchemy, thinking that Boradith may contain a better understanding about the art. But, that's just one of his reasons, he also wants to go around and help people with his alchemy and go on adventures, and ultimately raise enough money to open up his very own workshop.

Class: Warrior

Class Type: Reaper/Alchemist (Scythe wielder that relies on agility and skill, and one who creates or improves a myriad of items through synthesis or imbuing for use in battle or in trade.)

Main Strength: Agility

Main Weakness: Stealth

Family History: Unknown, Joe was left on the doorstep of an orphanage when he was just a newborn.

Any Other Information: The only thing that I can think of is a breakdown of synthesis and imbuing to take away any fears that it might be used for god-modding. Synthesis is obviously combining ingredients in order to create a new item. This means that there must always be something given in order to create something new, and one cannot create something out of nothing, furthermore, it must be done in a cauldron, so it cannot be done in the heat of battle. The more higher tier items that can be created via synthesis require higher tier ingredients, while a simple ointment to deal with cuts and scrapes could be created with some everyday plants and water, a medicine that could cure a myriad of diseases or severe wounds would require much rarer ingredients that would be either far harder to obtain or far more expensive to buy, and it could involve multiple syntheses in order to create items necessary for your primary goal. The higher grade the ingredients that you're using, the better the item that you're generating comes out.

Imbuing is the process of making weapons or armor stronger and even infusing them with an element. This requires the weapon or armor in question and certain ingredients. However, this does require specialized equipment in order to be made possible.

It should also be noted that this all requires skill and knowledge in order to do, an alchemist could create a recipe, however, those would be better suited for more skilled alchemists. An alchemist creating something beyond their skill level could very well result in catastrophic consequences, but something that is always certain is that you'll lose the ingredients that you've put into the synthesis attempt.

24. lixAxil

Joe huh? What a curious na,e

25. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

Name: Evan Major

Race:
    Human

Appearance:
    Ash blond hair and dark blue eyes that feel like they're staring right into your soul. Slightly taller than average human height, with a slender but athletic build. Wears a black leather tunic, belted at the waist, over a grey linen shirt. Pants and trousers basically look like what Aragorn from the LotR wears. (I’m bad at thinking of costumes, I know)
    Background:
    Was an only child and was raised by his mother after his father was killed by a severe fever that they did not have the money to treat. Lived in a small village all his life, living off scraps as his family were never rich, especially after his father died and no one wanted to employ a woman or a boy.

Evan learnt to steal at 13, when him and his mother were starving. Started stealing small things at first, such as an apple or a vine of grapes from a stall at the markets, before moving onto larger things, such as legs of meat and occasionally money. Almost never got caught, but even if he did he learnt over the years how to become a very convincing liar.

When Evan was 22, his mother died, leaving him alone. He felt out of place, having cared for his mother all his life, and now without her he felt lost. He kept himself sustained on stolen goods for 2 years, but when he heard that there was a chance for him to go to Morolith, the island of the elves that he had heard countless wonderful stories about, he knew he had to somehow find a way there, and form a new life for himself

Thief

Class Type: Fast and stealthy

Main Strength:
    Speed

Main Weakness:
    Strength

Any Other Information:
    Has a light Irish lilt to his voice, a hot temper, and a sarcastic sense of humour.