Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semisil

Semisil New Member

Some feedback appreaciated

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Semisil, Sep 28, 2019.

Hi.
    I tried to make this post in the poetry thread, but apparently I'm not qualified for that yet (as this is my first post).
    I have written my first piece ever, and would really appreaciate some feedback. I'm curious to see if this is something worth working on. (If the post is inappropriate, admin should feel free to delete it). Moderator has deleted it—see below.
    Here's my text:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2019
  2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Semisil - this post isn't unappropriate. It's inappropriate.

HTH

3. Semisil

Semisil New Member

already failing, Thanks !

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Semisil

I'm one of the moderators here. I'd like to welcome you to the forum BUT...

The only place you are allowed to post your work for feedback is in our Workshop area. In order to do that there are a few requirements you must meet first.

1) You must be a member here for two full weeks
    2) You must make at least 20 posts in various areas of the forum (your choice)

These two requirements are to give you a chance to settle in, to get to know us, and for us to get to know you. At the end of that time, your status will change from New Member to Member.

However, there is one more requirement you must meet before you can post your work.

3) You must do AT LEAST TWO, full and constructive critiques for other members' work before you can post ONE of your own.

This ratio will exist as long as you are a member here, and isn't just for new members—always 2:1. In other words, if you have two poems you'd like us to look at, you must do four critiques before posting them both.

This is a give-and-take community of writers, and doesn't function simply as a critique service. We expect everybody to give good feedback in order to receive it. So go ahead an pick a few offerings from our Workshop (can be poetry or any other kind of writing) and do a few critiques. These will all count towards your 20 posts, so you can get a number of them under your belt right away.

Please also read these two links. Carefully and thoroughly. They'll get you off on the right foot here, and let you know how we work.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

You also might want to read this link as well, which will tell you about our critiques and give you some ideas of how to write them well.

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

Anyway, I have locked this thread to further responses. Once you have fulfilled your requirements, you can re-post your poem in the Workshop and get the feedback you're looking for. :)

Cheers for now,

Jan

(I have saved your poem in a file of my own, in case you didn't have a copy. I can send it to you via a private message, if you would like to have it back.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.