1. Mr.Tekin

Mr.Tekin Active Member

Song Contest Idea

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mr.Tekin, Jul 7, 2011.

Hello all,

If there are friends on this forum who are from Europe, knows that the biggest 'song' contest helds in Europe every year and it's Eurovision Song Contest.

I'm from Turkey and I have some ideas. There are 2 contests on this forum but there aint a contest for song writers (I think).

Actually I'm a Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) fan and always online on ESC forums too. We always do simulation song contests there, like ESC. Everybody represents his/her own country.

I mean we can do this on this forum too with our own lyrics. Everybody is free to choose a country and everybody can compete with lyrics.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Song contests have been mooted before, and weren't without interest.

The main problem is two-fold: someone has to run it, and someone has to enter it. It wasn't apparent that there was enough demand for such a contest, and that there would be enough entries to make running it worthwhile. If you look at the poetry contest, we are occasionally short on entrants for that, and I'd wager that we have quite a few more poets than songwriters.

The other issue is that someone has to run it. Less of an issue, but it's still something of an investment in time.

Like I say, it's been considered before, but it was felt that there wasn't the demand. If that has changed, maybe the idea can be looked at again.

3. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

Hmm, That'd be interesting.

4. Mr.Tekin

Mr.Tekin Active Member

why don't we try? there are a lot of song writers

5. benfromcanada

benfromcanada New Member

Can't song writers just enter the poetry contest? Poetry and song are similar enough that you could easily do that, I think.

6. Mr.Tekin

Mr.Tekin Active Member

but this is a different contest

7. benfromcanada

benfromcanada New Member

It's a proposal for a different contest that, based on Banzai's post, probably won't happen. So why not put a song into one of the weekly poetry contests? I'm sure it would be accepted.

8. Mr.Tekin

Mr.Tekin Active Member

okey I'll try thanks