1. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

Speaking of Apple Pages ...

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by SapereAude, May 14, 2021.

I need some information about word processing on the Mac. Specifically, in the Apple Pages word processing program.

In setting up a new document as a book, with a two-page layout and mirrored margins -- is there a separate setting for the gutter width, or is the gutter just rolled in with calculating the inside margin width?

Thanks.

2. Amontillado

Amontillado Senior Member

As far as I see, gutters are sort of a consequence of margins. I'm not a Pages user even though my interest peaked up a little recently.

I'm grumpy about styles support. I can't find a way to swap to a different style library in Pages, and styles aren't hierarchical.

If you turn off the document body feature, Pages runs as a desktop publishing tool and I believe it does a pretty good job for at least lightweight publishing.

Pages makes nice ebooks.

My "publishing" at present is limited to making PDF's look snappier than average. Draft output from a word processor is fine, and polished output from Affinity Publisher is pretty easy.