Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Mimi: Has Arrived

Her footsteps were silent as she sprinted effortlessly across the rough terrain of the construction site, her feet never seeming to touch the earth. A high metal fence loomed, blocking her access to the road. Muscles tensed as she cast meager weight into the air. The world tilted, her oversized army coat billowing about her like a pair of wings. The sky above was darkening with the heavy influxes of magic.

The songs of the dragon borns were a chaotic, driven symphony hovering just beyond the perceptions of the mortals. There was hope among this group, but there was also growing doubt. A few knew too much, had seen this world as it had once been, as it was becoming. There was only one other among the Lores, who was not dragon born, who had seen the world in such splendor, one of the few, who had survived the Fadings. He would come. Of that she had no doubt.

She landed lightly, coming out of her crouch, her feet instinctively falling back into her tireless stride. She covered the last hundred yards in a flat out sprint to the finish, her chest rising and falling as easily as if she had merely been out for a short stroll. Her white dress shimmered, pristine and bright in the gloom of the shadows as Brendan James' World on the Streets filled air.

"Be careful you guys." Thomas said as he parked the car. "Pyria said they're on our side but a few of them look shifty at best." He turned off the engine and opened the car door.

"Shifty how?" Mimi asked as she rounded the corner of the van and into sight.

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Roxy: Insecurity

When Roxy saw the car pull up beside them, she gulped. Although she had to put up with all the blames, blatant remarks, and harsh discipline from the characters; at least most were adults or close to it. Being with other teens was a totally different story. Her school bullying had been rough, forcing Roxy to give in and be stepped on without a fight. The characters might not believe the fact, given her frequent outbursts, but it was true. Despite the situation, she'd come to enjoy not going to school.

Now, the school had come to her. Well, some of it.

One of the first out of the car was a tall girl. Her brunette hair flowed down her back and her clothes were of the latest fashion, tight and low. The teen was pretty, but a hot glare crossed her made-up face as she caught the young witch staring. Roxy breathed in sharply and looked down at her feet. Adelie Fields, team captain of the volleyball team and boy magnet. Many talked about her and some even tried to be like her, but why? She hadn't a clue.

Roxy dared to look up again as a few others poured out of the car. They seemed tired and worn, as if problems weighed on them too. Had they really been fighting monsters in Salem like Pyria had said?

As much as she wanted to hide behind Tina, Roxy took a small step forward. She hoped she wouldn't regret it. "H...hi guys, glad you made it here ok." Roxy said in a hushed voice, avoiding their stares.

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Pickles smiled brightly and walked right to them without any worry. He wasn't the shy type when it came to meeting new people. "Hi I'm Pickles The Hero. It will be truly an honor to work with you fellows." He said holding out his hand to anyone who would take it. He was very excited about this. He loved meeting people and making friends. It was one of the many things that brought him happiness and he hoped it brought others happiness as well.

Terry looked at Pickles hand then looked away from Pickles. He was completely ignored the friendly man. Terr simply walked over and stood beside Adelie. He let a sigh escape his lips. He was still struggling dealing with the death and it was surfacing in rudeness.

Pickles frowned. "Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry."

4. SocksFox

Bella and Jonquil: Blast from the Past

Bella forced her glamours back into place at the sound of an approaching vehicle. Talon rumbled ominously, and the suddenly fell silent, his knowing gaze fixed above and beyond the van.

Quietly she watched as another group of teenagers poured out of the vehicle. "Great more juveniles." She muttered as she came up beside Jonquil, kicking the bucket to get her attention.

Jonquil squeaked, startled by her cousin's sudden appearance next to her. Her golden eyes followed Bella's sightline and she groaned. Her thoughts in keeping with Bella's. "Really? More teenagers? How are we going to explain all this all over again when we can't even get Roxy to understand?"

Her gaze flickered over to Talon, who was staring transfixed at a little figure in a white dress, who had come out of nowhere. A bright rock song filled the air around her as she approached the group of newcomers. "It couldn't be..." Jonquil said.

"But it is." Bella countered.

"There has only ever been one."

"And there still is only one."

"Mimi." They concluded in unison.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"Shifty how?" A little girl in an over-sized coat asked him.
    "Um..." Thomas hesitated, unsure of how to answer the question. "Shifty as in...I'm not sure many of them are fully trustworthy."

Pickles frowned. "Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry."

"No, Pickles." What an odd name. "We've simply had a very difficult day. Rather past few days."

"H...hi guys, glad you made it here ok." Roxy said shyly.

"Hello, Roxy. It's good to see you're alright." Thomas replied. He'd only spoken to Roxy a few times near the beginning of the year. And even then they'd barely shared a few words. She'd just been another student walking the halls. Till now. "Who are your companions? It looks like you have a few exzalians in your group as well. And the rest...don't seem to be from around here." He said carefully eyeing the members of the group.

----------------

Tina studied the group carefully. A group of mismatched teens. Tired and worn. The saddest sight was their eyes. Disheartened...full of grief. A looked she'd recognized all to well and often saw in her cadets. They'd seen death. Many of them for the first time. The depth of their grief meant it was obviously someone close to them. From what she'd heard of Pyria's and Roxy's conversation, they'd seen a fellow student killed.
    She felt for them, but also knew that this fact made them liabilities. Right now, they were angry...and not fully in control of their emotions. A poorly spoken word could set them off. They were a bomb waiting to go off. She just needed to make sure they blew up in the right place at the right time. Not an easy task.

"You're right about that." She said in reply to Thomas' comment. "Most of us come from different dimensions. Pulled here by none other than Roxy here to help her find her parents. Which we haven't had much luck in doing."

"Your parents are missing?" Thomas asked Roxy with a concerned look.

6. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

While they waited Pyria though it best to get to know everyone. Strange they were yes, but she would give them the benefit of the doubt.

"hey there, so who are you? and what realm do you hail from?"

Dexter simply stared at her for a moment coughed a bit and then responded. "I'm Dexter and I hail from here but a difference here." He said stomping on the Earth's ground. He pulled the cigarettes from his pocket again. "Smoke?" He asked

"Smoke where?" Pyria said looking around for a potential fire, but while she was not used to the modern world of drugs she wasn't an idiot and quickly caught on to the fact that the small roll in Dexstyers hand was the smoke. "Um...thanks?" She said taking it, and looking rather confused tried to eat it.
    "Bleck! forgive me, but this tastes terrible."

Dexter rolled his eyes and groaned. "Well your certainly the little genius aren't you? You're not supposed to eat it try to puff it." Dexter pulled out two more and lit both. "Watch me." He took a puff from his and let out a relieved sigh. He handed the second one to her. "You might cough but once you stop, it gets quite relaxing."

Pyria tried it, and coughed up a hurricane. "Wheeeeze, um, no thanks I think I'm good." she said handing back the cigerate. But I'm curious, who are you?"

Dexter shrugged and popped the second one in his mouth also. "I told you I'm Dexter but as for who I am. I'm an exorcist, mage, freelance worker and.....not a very good person." He admitted shutting his eyes. "What's your deal? I heard half-ling get mentioned and slave to."

"I'm a half elf, um that part human part elder, it's a kind of race on my world. and I was almost a slave, before my step mom saved me."

"Oh the slavers probably got you half off with that arm of yours." Dexter said with a chuckle.

Pyria rolled her eye's, "that was before I lost my arm, and that isn't funny."

7. Kingtype

Dexter who was keeping a stern face decided to speak. He could see the hurt in their faces but it didn't bother him...much any. Dexter wasn't a sociopath but he certainly had a lack of empathy to him. It came with the territory of his work and the life he had so far.

He walked over to the group two cigarettes hanging from his lips as always his blue eyes unimpressed. Dexter recognized them! "You guys are the kids from that Halloween crap that happened." He shrugged. "So you guys like hell ran you over. What happened?" Dexter asked

Terry frowned and finally spoke up. The scowl on his face much less comical then it normally was. "Our friend died....saving us, you and everyone else."

Dexter bowed his head in sadness at their words. "I'm sorry to here that. But I'm sure that person is in a better place." Dexter then did something completely rude and of course not the unexpected to Tina, Roxy or the others that had been with him.

"Hey Roxy! You'll be happy to know our team did better then theirs! No deaths on your side and one on theirs! Team Roxy for the WIN!" He shouted over to the little witch. Pickles eyes widened in shock. He was completely at a loss for words at Dexter.

Pickles had trouble dealing with him. Due to the fact that he was clearly not a good person but fighting for the good guys. So the hero wasn't sure if he should try and take him down or treat him nicely. And show him a better way. Pickles of course opted for showing him a better wait.

8. SocksFox

Mimi: Anything but Shy

Mimi danced up to Roxy, for there was really no other way to describe her impossibly graceful movements. Her amber eyes were bright with curiosity as the song around her switched over to Keren Ann's smoky, rolling My Name is Trouble. The delicate Lore giggled, the sound impossibly bright in the dour atmosphere. "So you're the one who poked the beast and wonders why she got bitten...Tisk, tisk."

She cast a knowing glance over the assembled, sulky teens. They were acting as if they carried the weight of the world upon their shoulders. Death was inevitable for their kind, it was written in the stars, yet still they never seemed to be able to accept it.

She felt a tug of sympathy for Roxy, who really did carry that weight, as it was her hair brained spell that had triggered all this. An older man seemed to know what he was about. "Who are your companions? It looks like you have a few exzalians in your group, as well. And the rest...don't seem to be from around here." He said carefully eying the members of the group.

"That would be a false assumption, sir..." She interjected. "Some of us are from here, it isn't our fault that you humans can see us in your midst. The world has been blind to us since the Fadings, but we are still here."

9. Exzalia

Hey Roxy! You'll be happy to know our team did better then theirs! No deaths on your side and one on theirs! Team Roxy for the WIN!" He shouted over to the little witch. Pickles eyes widened in shock. He was completely at a loss for words at Dexter.

Josh could get angry, he almost did, but then he decided there was enough negativity already, and, he had a very witty comeback. Putting on a proud smile, he shouted "Oh ya? our team saved the world! Our friend died kicking ass and preventing the earth from being completely destroyed. That's right she saved us all, pretty big feet huh? So, what have you guys acomplished?"

Zad snickered, "Well we suck now don't we?"

10. Kingtype

"I've saved the world before....my world. A lot of people died though." Dexter replied as he started coughing. That damn sickness he had was coming back. He still needed to find a way to cure himself. But he still had time it could wait for a bit longer.

He then looked thoughtful. "As for what we have accomplished. We robbed a law firm....that takes talent. Any old two bit hero can save the world. But stealing from lawyers...who are mostly Jewish by the way. That takes smarts." He said pointing at his head.

Pickles raised his hand. "Me next! I helped save the world. But we had a lot of casualties and stuff. It wasn't a pretty thing but as heroes we should not be comparing feats." He said trying to sooth over everything.

Anger was building up inside Terry who still being silent. In fact eather was starting to form in his hand. Dexter's comment had nearly set him off but he still restraining himself only if for a bit.

11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Thomas held his hands up. "Gentlemen, now is not the time to be fighting over whose team is better or who saved the world more. We are the same team now. And death is nothing to take lightly." He glared at Dexter.

"Smart guy this one." Tina said with a half smile. "Listen to him, Dexter. You might learn a thing or two."

"That would be a false assumption, sir..." She interjected. "Some of us are from here, it isn't our fault that you humans can see us in your midst. The world has been blind to us since the Fadings, but we are still here." The little girl said.
    "And who is 'us'?" Thomas replied.

12. SocksFox

Mimi: A Knowing One

"And who is 'us'?" Thomas replied.

Mimi glanced up from her diminutive height, her amber eyes luminescent. "The Loreborns. Creatures you humans assume to be merely myth." Her gaze shifted to Bella and Jonquil. "Those like the Darkkin and He of Three Faces. The gryphons, the sirens, merfolk, sphynxes, harpies, banshees, the fae...Too many to name. All of them are all quite real. Humans just don't know how to see beyond the glamours."

Her smile turned impish. "Thanks to Roxy's spell you and your kind are now in a landscape in which Lorekind have flourished for countless aeons. This is the heart of legend."

13. Kingtype

Dexter yawned. "Yeah whatever teach and Tina."

And that last little retort sent Terry off. He started screaming. "Shut the fuck up! You don't know what your talking about! She gave her life to save the world! I bet you're not man enough to do something like that! If you say one more word I swear I'll kill you!" Terry wasn't actually sure sure he meant what he said.....about the killing. But it felt right.

Dexter of course was cool about the entire outburst. "You're right. I wouldn't give my life for this world. To much of a hassle if you ask me. Besides people die everyday....hell the Earth is dying to. Men, women and children everyday. No matter what you do its a coming eventually whether your a vampire, a god, human or anything in between. Nothing lasts forever so you might as well get used to it. Most of all with the company you guys are in now."

Terry wasn't sure how to respond to that. Dexter had points but they were made so coldly that Terry's rage quickly over took any coherent thoughts he had. The sword was in his hand in a flash and he rushed at Dexter. The demon summoner simply stood there as Terry went charging and then the sword was brought down on Dexter's head.

But....there was a clash and sparks of Charon, Nox and Althea! Flew off each other. Pickles had blocked Terry's sword with his Althea blade so fast that it had looked like a blur.

Pickles smiled brightly. "Come now lets not fight. I'm sure we can all learn a lot from each other. Dexter its not nice to be rude. and you young man don't let rage take hold of you so quickly." Pickles was figuring he'd finally had reached someone as Dexter shut his mouth and Terry's sword vanished.

But at the same exact time both Dexter and Terry spoke to Pickles and said two words. "Bite me."

14. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Louis

More crazy people with powers, great. He wondered how many of them would end up betraying them for their own gain. Louis wasn't feeling himself after everything that had happened. Tasha was dead, and he couldn't believe it. He hadn't been particularly close to her, but still, they'd been together through a lot, and it was had to think that she was just... gone.

He decided though that he had to move forward though, and so, he started introducing himself to everyone. He did this by saying meekly, "Hello everyone. I'm Louis, I can turn into a rock and fly sometimes... Who are you all?"

Then Terry proceeded to get into a fight, and Louis face-palmed.

---------------

Sky

He looked on in disinterest at the newcomers. There was nothing particularly interesting about them, just more children really. They all had strange energy fields around them though, just like Magnolia and Zad, and that same energy emitted off of them.

Then there was another newcomer, she had a different aura to her, more like the Darkkin, but different somehow. Sky observed them all from a distance, cleaning the blade of his katana.

"Dexter," he called after a moment, ignoring that he was involved in a fight with two others, he asked, "What do you make of these?" he said, gesturing slightly out at the others.

15. SocksFox

Mimi: Cynical

Mimi watched the sudden, furious clash, her eyes glinting with amusement. These folk were continuously chasing their own tails, it's no wonder matters were in such a deplorable state.

She studied Dexter with a measured look. He understood, knew an ending would eventually come to them all. She had encountered a few like him before. A demon dealer. The Hunters often made use of those with his talent. There was no better source of Hell Hounds.

"Dexter," he called after a moment, ignoring that he was involved in a fight with two others, he asked, "What do you make of these?" he said, gesturing slightly out at the others.

"Hot tempered and hopeless..." Mimi said to herself. There was definitely something to be said for the glamours and human ignorance. They weren't ready to handle the truth. And at the moment, she doubted their primitive, peoply type brains could deal with the stark reality. Humans had a deplorable tendency to panic about the slightest distortion of their distorted reality.

16. Kingtype

Dexter looked over Sky ignoring Terry and Pickles. "Make of them? Bunch a drama queens." He replied sitting down on the curb. "But they seem trustworthy enough and besides if their not we can always just take them out. They don't seem as quite that powerful." He said aloud caring not whether he was heard or not.

He then looked over at Mimi. "Not sure about her. But I'll ask." He continued. "Hey long coat. What's your deal?" He asked her.

Pickles sighed and walked over to Woodrow's side. He'd figure he'd try and cheer them up. "Hey I'm sure everything will be alright from now on. It takes awhile but the heroes always win in the end." Pickles used to honestly believed that. But he'd learned the hard way that is likely not true. But he still tried his best to preach it and believe it. "So just try and carry on for your friend okay." He said to Louis, Josh, Adelie, Woodrow and everyone else that arrived in the van.

17. Pheonix

Sky

"Make of them? Bunch a drama queens." He replied sitting down on the curb. "But they seem trustworthy enough and besides if their not we can always just take them out. They don't seem as quite that powerful."

"I would tend to agree," Sky replied. "They seem, unrefined."

He felt like they had gotten hopelessly off track of their original goal, and this was only going to further hinder things. But at least is was warm here, Sky told himself.

18. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Adelie and Roxy

Adelie watched the circus act for what it was and rolled her eyes. "Terry, get yourself together! That guy isn't worth your sweat." She glared at the man with the cigarette. He reminded her of a guy on a crime show. Actually all of these interesting people reminded her of...movies, books, and TV shows. Odd.

She snuck another glance at the young teen, who's name kept getting tossed around. Roxy. What was so interesting about her? She didn't look anymore worthy of their time than Mr. Badass.

Adelie decided to talk to the girl, get some answers. "So, what's the deal? Why are we even here in this dump?" she said, towering over the small girl.

Roxy took her eyes off the others to stare at the intimidating bully. "Um...I...well..."

Adelie raised an eyebrow, but her face softened slightly. She'd have to take a different approach. "The Asian woman over there, she mentioned your parents are missing. What happened to them?"

Roxy twisted one of her curls nervously. "Yeah...about that. They were kidnapped, but I don't really know what happened or why."

"How do you not know?"

"I just don't ok!" Roxy shouted. "And, I don't need any questions from you! I've been asked too many questions that I don't know how to answer."

Adelie scowled, raising a hand of sparking flame. "Look, we're on the same side, runt...don't make me your enemy. I just wanna know why everyone is acting like you're the key to the lock, when you don't even know how to answer some simple questions."

"They aren't simple questions," Roxy said, her gaze lingering on the fire. "And I could solve the problem...if I was a strong enough witch."

Adelie dropped her hand. "You're a witch? Well, that explains why you're so weird. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense now! You're just like Sal!" The teen laughed. "Wow, I don't know if I can handle anymore secrets...gosh, this is rich. So, your parents are witches too?"

Roxy swallowed hard, trying to keep calm. "Yes and because of that, I think that's why they were kidnapped. Earth didn't used to be filled with magic, there were only a choice few who had the real thing. My family line goes way back to the Salem Witch Trials."

"Good for you..." Adelie said and without another word she turned her back, bored of the conversation.

Roxy stood in place, stunned for moment. Would the madness ever end? Her eyes flicked to Pyria and slowly she walked over to her. "Hey, um, didn't you say before that our situation was urgent? Race against time?"

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Vasilisa & Salemaiah

When Adelie mocked witches, both Lissa and Sal stepped forwad and cried, "Hey!" in perfect unison. Then they regarded each other warily, like two cats that had encroached on each others territory. Lissa sniffed and said, "Nice clothes. Where do you shop--Goth 4 Less?"

Sal sniffed right back at her. "Actually, I shop online, or at Vampyre Threads."

"I've heard of that place", Lissa said haughtily, tossing her green and brown curls. "Is that a snakestone on you finger? I heard those amulets suck the energy from other stones..."

"You heard correctly." Salemaiah and Lissa continued to glare intensely at each other until Lissa cracked a grin. "We'll get along just fine", she announced.

20. Exzalia

"Right well that's up to you guys, so who's the leader here?" Pyria asked. "Do you have a plan at least?" She gave everyone a look.
    "Well?"

21. Kingtype

Dexter raised his hand. "Well I don't mean to toot my own horn but I think I know how to lead good team." He said grinning and standing up. Dexter had no problems taking over things. Besides if he was in charge first order of business would be to shut everyone up.

Pickles looked around nervously. "I wouldn't make a good leader....people say I'm to nice. Which they are right about but I'm sure any of you would make good leaders. Why don't we select three leaders and we will discuss the plans next?" He suggested smiling

Terry shrugged and walked over to Louis. "These guys piss me off. Like three of them started talking shit the minute we got here." He whispered. Terry didn't like being looked down upon....who did?

22. Exzalia

Pyria shook her head. "You can't lead, nobody here will listen to someone they don't like and you have proven to not be very likeable.Whats more you don't know the area. the only person who knows this world best is Roxy. It is her parents we are trying to save. She should lead."

Pyria looked down on the small girl. "alright Roxy, what do we do?"

"Don't waste your breath, that girl has refused to take responsibility since day one, she will not lead us, only whine." magnolia scoffed.

Pyria kept her gaze on Roxy. "Don't mind her, prove her wrong, just tell us where to go from here and we'll follow this mission is in your hands Roxy."

23. Pheonix

Louis

"These guys piss me off. Like three of them started talking shit the minute we got here."

"Yeah, but they still look like they could probably kick our butts all the way back to Salem if they wanted," he replied. "Maybe it would be a good idea to not egg them on..." Louis suggested. "But, that's probably hopeless to say to you,"

------------------
    Sky

"No offence Dexter, but I don't think that you should be in charge. We are still looking for Roxy's parents, and as such, I think that she should be the one to direct us."

24. Kingtype

Dexter scowled. "I've actually been to Boston." He said in his own defense. "This Boston is exactly the same as mine just about."

Dexter went on talking. "Besides I don't think we should let the youngest one lead us completely. Does nobody else think that's stupid?" He asked looking around. "She's only like 13!"

Pickles placed a hand on Roxy's shoulder. "I have faith you can do it Roxy. So don't listen to Dexter." He had no question that Roxy was smart enough and brave enough tot get the job done.

Dexter's mouth dropped open. "But I'm right. I'll say it again, she's 13! We've got a teacher, at least 7 different mages and witches from different world counting me, a military leader, a knight, a spaceman cyborg, we have everything! And you put the girl who couldn't find her way out of a cardboard box in charge!" He face palmed.

Pickels clapped his hands together. "My girlfriend does the exact the same thing when she's angry." He said cheerfully.

25. SocksFox

Lores: Leary and Weary

"Right well that's up to you guys, so who's the leader here?" Pyria asked. "Do you have a plan at least?" She gave everyone a look.

Mimi returned Pyria's look. "Ants are more organized than these folks. It is a miracle they managed to make it this far in one piece. True Alpha personalities seem to be sadly lacking among this group."

Dexter raised his hand. "Well I don't mean to toot my own horn but I think I know how to lead good team." He said grinning and standing up. Dexter had no problems taking over things. Besides if he was in charge first order of business would be to shut everyone up.

Mimi shot a speaking glance at Jonquil and Bella, who remained silent and aloof. The pair had been down this road before with this group and were decidedly weary of the constant bickering. The newly arrived bunch of huffy teenagers just added more fuel to the fire.

Pyria kept her gaze on Roxy. "Don't mind her, prove her wrong, just tell us where to go from here and we'll follow this mission is in your hands Roxy."

Talon sat back on his haunches and howled at the words. Mimi giggled. The dog had timing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.