Spirit Club Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Kingtype, Dec 18, 2012.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

YAY another girl!!!!!

But, *gulp* Dawn is in for a ride she's not ready for.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

@King: Hey do some posts in COTU 2. I don't like how slow is the game going.

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Asune Oh jeez, She's gonna get it in the morning...

4. lixAxil

Another controversial character of I
    It took time for me to create her, as I really didn't had a subplot planed. But well I thought on a very interesting one

5. Zachary Langferd

Zachary Langferd New Member

@ Pheonix: I know I'm the new guy, and not even involved in the fight, but you just broke the rules of combat there, bro. And the only reason I'm mentioning it is because if your character really can completely incapacitate people like that, without their being about to fight back, it's just a tad OP.

6. Pheonix

@Zach

I'm leaving it up to Asune how her character reacts to it. I did take out a line in there that implied that she was actually down on the ground. All that was supposed to be was what he intended to have happen. With Tommy's out of body attack, he's not gonna be able directly affect people, it more attacking their spirit, and how that's interpreted is left up to each character.

And it's limited because his body is completely vulnerable right now too. If his body dies, he dies too.

7. Zachary Langferd

So how it attacks one person is possibly completely different when attacking another person?

8. Pheonix

It's up to the player to decide how they want their character to be affected. I can't control reactions, just what Tommy does. In combat, it'll be up to Kingtype how it affects the enemies, but PvP it's up to the player. Does that make sense?

9. Zachary Langferd

Yeah, I know that part. But what does his power do? How does it effect whoever it's used against?

10. Pheonix

It causes direct harm to their spirit. Instead of attacking their body, he attacks their spirit energy. What it does is up to each individual i guess. But the point of it is to cause them to be harmed on a spiritual level (and I don't mean like religious). What that would do, I have no idea... :p

11. lixAxil

Well in fiction there are several levels to damage

Physical as the most common

Mental damage, direct to the mind

Spiritual damage, direct to the soul or essence.

Astral damage, kinda over its existence.

Conceptual damage, pretty much abstract or metaphysical stuff

etc, etc, etc,

12. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Okay forgive me for the hybrid but i think this might prove to be very interesting (you guys will have to wait till next week before i can introduce her though)

Name: Melody (Referred to as "Phantom")

Appearance: Long, chocolate-brown hair and large, pitch-black eyes. Very pale-skinned and an unusual 6' in height. Wears a long, black cloak to conceal her features but wears a navy blue tank top and combat shorts beneath.

Grade: Junior

BIO: "Phantom" is not well known at all by any of her classmates other than rumors. She was abused by her parents as a child and often ended up going from foster home to foster home, but ended up with the bad luck of ending up with more and more continually abusive families. In the end, she escaped from the police after her fifth foster home and now wanders the streets with a tiny calico kitten and a baby owl with an injured wing that hide beneath her hood for safety. (she rescued both from situations where they would have died -kitten stuck in a trash bag and owl lying in the street)

Color of Spirit Power: Dark Grey

Spirit Power: Both

Skill 1: Fast Hands (Type: Physical). Phantom can move her hands at lightning-quick speed.

Skill 2: Life-Bringer (Type: Spiritual). Phantom can draw something and bring it to life for a limited amount of time. (beginning level: she can only create small inanimate objects such as knives, marbles, etc. -she can also disguise the kitten or owl as another animal of similar size)

Personality: Dark, can be mistaken for gothic but for the fact that she simply does not trust any human being due to her past. She is usually silent unless she decides to speak of her own free will. If you try to touch her she will flinch away.

Miscellaneous info: The kitten is named "Jinx" and the owl is named "Puff" (Puff also makes odd barking sounds like a puppy would and has the tendency to get into trouble where Phantom has to go rescue him)

13. Zachary Langferd

To clarify, Johnny cannot read minds. Thus whatever guilt comes out is entirely up to whatever player he's working on at the moment. He can simply feel the guilt, usually the strongest presence, and magnifies that.

14. Kademee

Kademee New Member

I'll try to give this thing a shot, I suppose.

Name: Charlotte (or Charlie, as Bruce calls her) Brooklyn

Appearance: Layered blond hair, dark brown/greenish eyes, perfect complexion, etc. Often wears tight clothes, always wears a black leather jacket that falls just around her hips and either really tight skinny jeans or short mini skirts. She either wears lacy stilettos or black leather heeled boots. Usually wears bright lipstick and dark eye makeup, without over doing it. She stands about 5’8”.
    Here's a pic that somewhat resembles her (let me know if it doesn't work):

http://wall.alphacoders.com/wallpaper.php?i=181791&w=960&h=854&lang=French

Grade: 12

BIO: (Optional) Her mom is a professional stripper and for as long as Charlotte can remember, she’s always had a new boyfriend sleeping around the house every week or so. Her dad left her and her mom in a drunken rage when Charlotte was only six. When she was thirteen, her mother’s latest “friend” tried to rape her, so she moved into her best friend, Bree’s, house. Now, she lives with her boyfriend (who she is not loyal to at all) or wherever ever else she can get a decent night’s rest. Her and her mom rarely see each other.
    At school, Charlotte is popular around the guys, mostly because of her skimpy apparel and bright red Ducati motorbike. Her boyfriend, Bruce, is a huge 6’11” football player, and built of solid muscle, but he’s really nice (most of the time, unless he finds out someone has hurt Charlotte in any way).

Color of spirit power: Silver.

Spirit Power (Spirit type or Physical type)

Skill 1: (Physical)- She can form balls of fire from her finger tips and shoot them at people, causing severe burns, or she can control the size of the flame and light a mere candle.

Skill 2: (Spirit)- Charlotte can make herself invisible and disappear whenever she wants.

Personality: She’s flirtatious with guys her age or older but rarely lets anyone except Bruce touch her (due to her past experiences).

Miscellaneous info: She finds it hard to really trust people and doesn’t have many female friends (except Bree).

15. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Accepted

16. Kingtype

Accepted

17. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I love how Rafael is being considered equally crazy as the violent ones even though he isn't doing shit.

Just imagine how crazy he is if he does do shit...xD. I couldn't help but notice.

18. Kademee

Kademee New Member

19. Zachary Langferd

Johnny's just being generally disdainful. Nothin personal. ;P

20. Zachary Langferd

M'kay. I think I got enough of an idea to roll with. Thanks.

21. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Is it too late for me to join this? XP I just decided to look at it and it seems really interesting.

22. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Name: Nathan

Appearance: Average height and build, perpetually messy hair, glasses

Grade: 9

BIO: Within his grade, Nathan's the "smart one," especially when it comes to math. Unlike the stereotypical, constantly-taunted nerd or geek, though, Nathan is left alone by everyone, even bullies. Most other students distances themselves from Nathan due to a sort of respect or fear, and in turn Nathan distances himself from everyone else because he'd rather be alone to think. He's not very well-known outside his grade because he doesn't join many clubs or extracurricular activities.

Color of spirit power: Green

Spirit Power: Spirit

Skill 1: Tesseract: Causes large disorientation and confusion to everyone in a defined (but small) area. The area of confusion appears to have a tetracube surrounding it.

Skill 2: Limit: Rapidly accelerates an enemy's spirit power until it comes to the point of consuming them. However, depending on the enemy this could take some time, and if Nathan's interrupted during it it could just leave the enemy more powerful than before.

Personality: He can rarely stay focused on anything in the real world for too long, as he's constantly going through abstract problems in his head. When he does talk, he has an odd sense of humor that escapes most other people, partly due to the fact he speaks rapidly and his words tend to slur together.

Miscellaneous info: His few "friends" are more along the lines of acquaintances. He's never been in a romantic relationship, and is actually pretty happy with how his social life is going in school.

23. Kingtype

Accepted

24. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I can imagine Nathan accidentally walking into the classroom that the others are in now because he is solving a problem in his head :p

25. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

This is such a good idea that I may have to steal it from you XD