1. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Starfall Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Darkthought, Aug 12, 2013.

Any questions about the game should probably go here as well as character profiles. I know its in a bit of a rough state but I'm going to be updating a bunch over the next day. Thanks for potentially participating.

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

I have a few more questions, one of which you've already answered:

#1 Can I create a character with a Psyon rating of zero, in other words, with no Psychic powers?
    Yeah definitely. Just edit that part out of the character sheet from now.

#2 Is the Zodiac station entirely self-sustained or do the humans trade with alien species?

#3 Are there (known) alien species? If not, must all characters therefore be human?

#4 Is life on the station harsh, mediocre, reasonably comfortable or luxurious?

#5 I'd like to know a bit more about the Thirteen. Are there thirteen diplomatic leaders? Is there some sort of senate on the station? Or is the Directorate of the Thirteen Worlds simply a title?

3. Darkthought

#2 There are no alien races to trade with. Humanity is the only known species of intelligent life in the galaxy other than whatever attacked them 80 or so years ago. There is more information regarding aliens coming later today. I'm adding tons of information.

#3 All characters must be human. Ruins of alien structures and technology have been found all throughout the galaxy but no bodily remains or indications as to what they would look like. Again I apologize but this information will be included in the forthcoming update.

#4 For civilians life is pretty much terrible. Much of civilian life consists of shanty towns and very cramped living spaces or buildings that were refitted for civilian use. Those who work for corporations typically reside in corporate sponsored lodgings in the corporate districts of the station and these are much nicer. Scientists live at their facilities which are not as bad as the rest of the populace but not as good as the corporate lodgings. Military personnel live on base typically in barracks or aboard a ship.

#5 The government of the Thirteen is very militaristic. The government is headed up by the Director and his chosen advisers or Under-Directors. The Director serves mostly as the leader of the military and is usually a former Admiral. The thirteen worlds of the Directorate are represented by thirteen bodies of politicians, one from each of the worlds. This makes up the senate. Each of the groups is headed by Counselor and their job is basically to present the needs, questions, concerns, etc. to the Director and his associated Under-Directors.

Thanks for the questions, if you have more please let me know. I'll have all this added into the update which I should have at least part of posted up in a couple of hours.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

oh mama you asked for it BIG time with this one! I can probably bring out semi-Starshade abilities in this! :D *evil cackle*

CS coming at ya shortly

5. Darkthought

The RPG has been updated.
    -"Setting" has been removed and replaced with an expanded "The Story So Far" section.
    -Rules and stuff has been moved to the bottom of everything because ain't nobody wanna see that stuff first thing. It breaks flow.

Future Updates
    Coming up next will be an expanded version of both People You Should Known and Places You Should Know.

6. Macaberz

I am happy to see you're updating but I do wonder, why are you patching it to begin with? No offense of course but, didn't you have the time when you put the thread up or did you think of new stuff just now? Just wondering... :)

Also [MENTION=40233]Keitsumah[/MENTION], is there any RP that we aren't both in? I don't think there is xD....

7. Keitsumah

lol. please tell me your char is 16 or not much older. i like it when we pair up :p

Warning: IF she is accepted my char is quite explosive -though when is the question.

8. Macaberz

Name: Matthew Kane

Weight: 122 pounds.

Height: 5 ft 6 in.

Eye color: green.

Hair color: Dark blonde, half-long hair.

Personality: Calm and quiet, Matthew has seen enough of the Zodiac to have given up any hope that change will come into his life. His father is a pilot and he has been with him on some reconnaissance missions. He dreams of the day that he’ll become a pilot himself, as it will provide him an opportunity to fly away from the Zodiac and find a better place to live. At the same time, he realizes that he can’t go alone and he has yet to make friends to take with him. His hope is to make life worthwhile again, not a struggle for survival, but a celebration of creativity, technological advancement and imagination. For all his dreams and hopes, he’s done remarkably little to try and make them come true. Being the realist he is, he deems himself too small of a piece to have any influence that would lead to the world and society that he dreams of.

Attire: he’s dressed in the regular brown and white tunics of the Farmers, except for when goes flying with his father, then he wears the standard pilot suit. Aside from these outfits he wears a brown, string, wristband knotted around his left wrist.

Weapons: none. But he does know where to find his father’s “Old Jackie”, a 6nm scorching laser blaster in plain English.

Profession: currently a farmer, but in training to become a pilot.

Psyon rating: 0. Matthew has no Psychic abilities.

Wilder Focus: -.

Background: Matthew Kane was born to Peter Kane and Mary Lenoble, who –like Matthew- were born on the Zodiac. Peter is a fighter pilot, though his craft is often sent on asteroid mining operations and on irregular scouting missions. Mary is a farmer, as has Matthew been ever since he could tell two plants apart. His parents are loving and caring, and the three of them are very close. They aren’t the poorest of the poor, but neither are they rich, they make enough to feed themselves.
    Two weeks ago, Matthew was struck with an unknown disease and has been comatose ever since. His parents, though worried, can’t afford to come by and check on him regularly as they need to work around the clock to make enough money to pay for the expensive medication Matthew is receiving. Their only hope is that the medicine developed under Dr. Shiro’s guidance will pull their son out of coma.

9. Darkthought

I dunno...old habit maybe. That is how we did it on this forum back in the day. Most of this information I'm putting up is preexisting as I used this setting for a homebrew tabletop rp I used to do with a bunch of my friends.
    Also, more updates.

Updates
    -The Places to Know section has been expanded to provide more information of each area of Zodiac Station

10. Darkthought

Update
    -The People You Should Know section has been revised and expanded to include a bit more detail as a couple of new faces.

11. Darkthought

Whew! Okay. Should be the final update. I think I got everything in that really needed to go there. The rest is at the mercy of the players.

Update
    -Expanded and Revised the "Characters" section to include more information on Psyons and Wilders.
    -Added a "Home World" field to the character sheet.

12. Keitsumah

Had to make a few minor changes but otherwise is the same char. :D

Name: Estelle Kyo
    Weight: 100
    Height: 5'4"
    Eye Color (When calm): Chocolate brown
    Eye Color (When Wilder): White, with no visible pupil
    Hair Color/Style (When calm): Wavy, dark brown, almost black hair that reaches past her shoulders
    Hair Color/Style (When Wilder): Long, straight silver hair that seems to be caught in a gale
    Personality: Often silent, and very observant of her surroundings, Estelle is actually close to a Psyon in appearance of control, but that is only because she doesn't visibly show them. Inside, she reacts violently. The results can be spontaneous and deadly.
    Attire: She wears a plain black shirt and dark grey leggings. Knee-high boots cover her feet. A thin scar crosses her left cheek.
    Weapons: Two small boomerang knives that are hidden in each boot.
    Profession: None
    Psyon Rating: 1
    Wilder Focus: Pressure/Gravity
    Background: Born and raised as a commoner, Estelle was hidden by her parents from the military when she hit the age of "inspection" for possible Psyons. Miraculously, she wasn't discovered, but at the demise of her parents. The very day that she discovered her abilities, the entire house was sucked into a black hole that vanished before the authorities came. She ran away and hid in the poorest regions, stealing food and stifling her powers by figuring out that control over her emotions was key. Still, there were three more incidents similar to the black hole. Each time, Estelle seems to become more and more withdrawn, but inside she becomes ever more violent.

13. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    I'm joining too. :D say hi to Newt.

Name: Newt
    Weight: She is very light due to low access to food.
    Height: She is pretty small, again because the lack of food has hindered her from growing as fast as she should.
    Eye Color: Her eyes are shocking blue, with a dark ring at the edge.
    Hair Color/Style: Her hair is a total mess. Her long golden locks are tangled. It has been a long time since she gave a thought to her appearance.
    Home World: Newt lives on the Zodiac Station, on Scorpio. She sleeps on the street.
    Personality: She has trust issues, but when you get to know her, she is gentle and kind. Her personality can change completely at random moments.
    Attire: She is dressed in shabby, dirty and torn clothes.
    Weapons: none
    Profession: She is too young for a job.
    Wilder Focus: When Newts powers are triggered she can manipulate flesh and bones to heal wounds. She can also heal diseases and other conditions. She is in no way in control of her powers and will keep healing until her task is done, someone takes her away by force or if she falls unconscious. The third option is most often the case.
    Background: Her parents were killed under a kidnapping attempt, by someone looking to use her powers to their own gain. She escaped but she developed huge trust issues because of it. She is plagued by nightmares from the night her parents died, and is therefore often seen with dark circles beneath her eyes.

14. Macaberz

Ooh very interesting character Peper! :) and you too, Keit.

15. Keitsumah

this is gonna be good... :D

and i just saw that ur char was comatose... PEPPER! get him up!!

16. Darkthought

This should prove interesting. Two Wilders with vastly different focuses/

17. Keitsumah

lol -yeah. If Estelle gets pissed you will not know it until it's too late. I love unpredictable characters. Imagine her just standing calmly, staring at you and then.... boom! Black hole or the pressure of the area around you gets so strong that you are literally turned into a pancake! :D

18. Macaberz

Quite thrilled for this game, I reckon we need a few more players though...

19. Darkthought

Sometimes it takes a few days. I'm not worried haha

20. Keitsumah

man im itching to post... *puppy eyes* if we get two more people on can we start?
    [MENTION=39969]Exzalia[/MENTION] [MENTION=42079]Kingtype[/MENTION] get ur butts on here! :p

21. Darkthought

Lets see...
    We've got [MENTION=51076]Macaberz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41298]Pepper1[/MENTION]...yourself and myself.
    Two more would make it a five person group plus myself. I think that would be sufficient.
    I'll leave it open for people to join later if they wish as well.

22. Macaberz

I've gotten itchy fingers as well xD. *RP Mode Enabled*

23. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

join the chat were thhere now :)

24. Darkthought

What chat are we talkin' about?

25. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

oh um me and the others have been good freinds for a long time so we made a chat just for us, but anyone is welcome to join. I...don't think we have met,