1. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Stories with Dragons in them

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by ZionsRodeVos, Nov 12, 2008.

I happen to like stories with dragons in them. I wrote a number of short stories 12 or so years ago but could never develop them into novels. I didn't write much for many years because I lost hope in ever getting published. My children like my stories and I've regained hope of finding a way to get my books published. So I've started writing again and finally figured out how to turn a short story I wrote with dragons in it into a full length novel or series.

The main dragon books I am aware of are those written by Anne McCaffery about the dragon riders of pern. I have most of them and they are my favorite fantasy books right now. The only other books that come to mind that have dragons in them are the Hobbit and Eragon. I've read the Hobbit. I've only seen the movie about Eragon and liked it. I see similarities in Eragon and the dragon riders of pern.

I want to find out if there are any other well known and good stories about dragons. If there are I know I'll enjoy reading them if they don't contain content I object to and I feel it will help the chances of my story if I know more about the books that have done well.

Can any of you tell me the title and author of other books with dragons in them so that I can check those out as well?

2. Rem Nightfall

Rem Nightfall Banned

My all time favorite series, is by Jane Yolen.

In order of the series you have:

Dragon's Blood
    Heart's Blood
    A Sending of Dragons

3. blankdraft

blankdraft New Member

The Fires of Merlin (Lost Years of Merlin, Book. 3) by T. A. Barron

4. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Thank you both, I am going to look at these books the next chance I get.