1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Sugar and spice and all things nice.... NOT!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Nov 26, 2008.

Seriously, little girls are not made of sugar and spice and all things nice!

I know this first hand, because my daughter does disgusting things!!! She is obsessed with swugs (slugs), snails and blow flies(squishing what is inside out)! It is utterly repulsive! I have photos of her leg covered in snails and I almost threw up when I saw it. She is constantly playing with everything and anything that is grose and vulgar!

Where as my son, oh how I love my little man! He isn't that interested in them. Luckily! Though little Amity, is teaching him her vulgar little ways and gaining his interest in these disgusting little things... ewww! (cheeky girl)

I would understand if Mason was into this kind of stuff. He is a boy after all. But Amity? My pink, all things fluffy and girly loving Amity? How can she do such grose things? Why does she have to love getting covered in mud and playing with bugs and creepy crawlies? sigh! Why can't she act like a prim and proper little lady... Seriously, I've never known a little girl to do such disgusting things as my Amity. AndI have been around children all my life. I have a niece and plenty of cousins and friends kids that I have been around and had to look after and NONE of them were ever this repulsive. Hopefully in time Amity will grow out of this disgusting habit...

Has anyone else ever found a little girl to be like this? Or is it just my Amity? lol!

2. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

Are you joking?

No, seriously. Are you having a laugh?

What's wrong with being interested in insects? She might become an entomologist, or a world famous zoologist. What's wrong with a kid being fascinated by inverterbrates? Why can't you let her enjoy herself? She doesn't have to spend her time dressing up as a pink princess and enjoying Disney movies if she doesn't want to. Kids are into mucky stuff. Your daughter's just unusual because she's a girl kid who's into mucky stuff.

If you honestly think your own daughter is "disgusting" and "repulsive", you might want to reconsider your approach. I'd also advise against contrasting her with your son. Different kids are different, and comparing them never works out well. I certainly hope you never say this to her face.

Incidentally, don't let her put slugs or snails in her mouth. They carry meningitis.

3. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Hahaha!
    Well considering /I/ was just like your daughter when I was little... yes I have come across a girl like that. :p
    I was all things tomboy though. My best friends were my male cousins next door... and I captured every bug that you could imagine. My particular favorites being Praying Mantis', Rollie Pollies, Slugs, caterpillars and these big red and tan moths that used to come around.
    I pretty much played all boy games, aside from 'house'.

But if your daughter is a pink loving girly-girl, than apparently she just has a dirty side. xD

4. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I loved rolling around in mud when I was kid

I still do =p

5. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Insects creep me out...

6. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

I have seen some girls like this, actually, but I think it's kinda cute.

Maybe you shouldn't be so hard on your girl, however. Maybe give a little supervision to make sure nothing really bad happens, but this could grow into a good thing. Many people choose careers based on what they really liked when they were younger.

7. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Ha, I still do a lot of that stuff. Snails rock. Wait til she finds a centipede.

8. penhobby

penhobby New Member

Yeah me. When I was eleven I decked a neighbor girl, because she dropped Slinky, my pet black snake that was in a glass jar. (She didn't even touch him!) He died and I was so devastated. I had lizards, ants (big ones, cool looking too.) and a couple of those giant green beetles with shiny tops. (Mom had a fit when she found those in a mayonnaise jar under my bed.) I wanted a pet tarantula really bad, but my Mom said no. Anyway, some girls are just this way and you can't change them, you just have to learn to live with some really gross things. (You and my Mom would have loads to talk about!)

Just a thought? Don’t try to force your daughter to be a lady. I had major identity issues and was pretty miserable. For years I was divided between being me or being my Mom’s version of what a lady should be. By the way, I have three boys. I know I lucked out!

9. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I was like that. I loved digging in the dirt. I collected bugs. My favorite thing was catching frogs. I LOVED frogs. I outgrew the bugs and mud. I have two frogs as pets now, though. :) She may outgrow her interest in all things dirty or she may not. Either way, she is still your little girl. Creepy crawlies and all. :) If she can love all things pink all all things dirty...she sounds pretty well rounded to me.

10. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Let's see...dogs, cats, rats, hamsters, fish, birds, ant "farms", lizards, snakes, chinchillas, one ferret (outlawed in California), turtles and a donkey. That is the PARTIAL list of pets my youngest daughter enjoyed as a child. Today, she works happily as the manager of a veterinarian office.

Ohhh yes, I almost forgot, she had a mean streak too...she used to pour salt on slugs in the garden to watch them "explode". And...you'll get a real kick out of this...after all those years of torturing snails, she's a vegetarian who disavows harming animals!

11. SonnehLee

Haha, Salty, I always love hearing stories about Emily. :p

12. NaCl

Yep...she's pretty special. She also moved from California to your neck of the woods...Kentucky. Says she hates snow and can't understand some of the locals because they "talk funny". LOL

13. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I always loved making mud pies.

Ah, memories.

But squishing bugs? eeuuggh. She's brave i'll give her that!

Atleast she's fearless? I see a creepy crawly and run miles. I like to *pretend* i'm not scared of them though :p

Mind you I always loved digging for worms and snails. I just cant stand anything that can fly or has thousands of legs!

I had two pet rats aswell, called Curly and Flob haha.

14. SonnehLee

I was gifted. I learned to talk in enough places not to have an accent. Yes, they talk funny. Especially if they're from Kentucky. What part?

I should also mention that I used to breed rats. Hooded rats. I have 22 at one time. Two litters, two moms, one dad, and two adults that didn't have any litters. I love rats.

15. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

How's that even possible?
    :confused:

16. NaCl

She's right Manic, when you live all over the world, you develop a universal lack of accent. As the kid of a career military man, I'll bet she's lived in a lot of places.

Emily - my daughter lives near Louisville, for now. I told her we don't get snow and her bedroom is still available if she wants to move back...without the boyfriend, of course.

17. SonnehLee

Ah, Louisville. And yes, Kentucky for a year, three years in Germany, three years in Texas, too many years in Tennessee

18. ManicParroT

ManicParroT New Member

Ah, her accent has no discernible origin. I was confused as hell - I was trying to imagine someone without any accent, and I don't think it's strictly possible. I mean, how do you say "water" without any accent? Some letters would inevitably be stressed more than others, etc. Even if you spoke like a voice synthesiser, that would be an accent in and of itself.

This makes me want to start a thread on people's accents, where we post clips of ourselves talking.