1. MOTORCITYSKA

MOTORCITYSKA New Member

Suggestions Anyone?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by MOTORCITYSKA, Jul 21, 2009.

Hello!

I'm a big fan of survival horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and I'm thinking about taking a crack at writing such a tale. My basic problem is that I have no idea how to go about creating the appropriate atmosphere.

So can anyone suggest to me authors or books that have a well developed, strong atmosphere? It doesn't have to be horror, but that would be best.

Thanks!

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

World War Z by Max Brooks. The way the novel is constructed is interesting, and the level of detail is incredible. He creates a variety of different environments ranging from big military battles (against zombies) to one man and his dog in an empty city (with zombies) to a group of survivors on a desert island (eventually with zombies).
    Its a great book that I think you would enjoy (I'm a survival horror fan too XD) and as a writing exercise its quite unique.

3. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

Maybe try I Am Legend by Matheson.