Superheroes!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yellowm&M, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Static Shock was pretty awesome. It sucks that the show ended to soon.

2. Sabreur

Sabreur Contributor Contributor

At the combination pizza hut and taco bell
    Karl Marx.

If you need explanation to why he is a superhero/super-villain, you don't get it. ;)

3. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Flash is extremely overpowered. Here is a rant of why the flash is vastly overpowered (Not written by me. I took out the obscenities):
    Also, because he goes faster than light, he breaks causality (cause and effect) and arrives before he left. He once outran instant teleportation. Not even Green Lantern is that overpowered.

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Acglaphotis, you just made my day. That was freaking hilarious where'd you find it and is there more? :D

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I removed a significant part (to make it PG-13) and the original is here (caution, foul language). I don't remember where exactly I got that link, though.

6. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Acglaphotis, that was the most epic super hero rant I have seen ever. It has fully convinced me that Flash is even more overpowered than the Green Lantern. I used to think the Green Lantern was more powerful BUT YOU HAVE CONVINCED ME OTHERWISE!!!

Plus, the Green Lantern can't affect anything YELLOW. Why?? The world may never know.

My favorite superhero = still Iron Man, even though he isn't as uber-godly as some of the others.

7. Shadow Dragon

I gotta admit, that rant was so effing amazing. That's what I generally don't like about DC universe, granted Marvel powers can get over the top also, but not nearly as much.

8. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Actually the Green Lantern lost his weakness to yellow about 15~ years ago. About the same time Hal Jordan became Parallax and stuff.

9. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

W-w-w-what...
    :(

No way! Am I really that behind the times?

I guess so. Jeez. And I was just watching that super-friends dvd the other day. Ok, maybe the super-friends are behind the times. But still! They aren't that old!

edit: Also, if the Flash is the most OVEPOWERED superhero, Aquaman clearly is the lamest superhero. He sucks at his job. Badly.

10. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Oh, yes. Definitely.

11. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

I guess they just got bored, you know, and said, let's make Flash like God, or they probably made Flash from scrapped parts of other characters, they probably decided Superman should be able to fly through walls and then decided against it, they thought Green Lantern should be able to blow people up, but decided against it and they said. Wow, these ideas were pretty cool, let's just combine these powers and create... a guy named Flash.

12. Shadow Dragon

I forgot to mention V from V for Vendetta. He had everything that I would want in a hero, including most importantly not being super good, fight for all that is right kind of hero.

13. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Hmmm, to some extent. I guess he is largely motivated by vengeance which is a very un-superhero trait. But he still does fight for all that is good and has duty and whatever too...

I think King Leonidas should be added to this list, honestly. Fighting in a loincloth during the age of hoplite warfare in Greece and managing to survive for longer than 5 seconds = a feat in and of itself. And the stuff he does in 300 is mad crazy.

14. Shadow Dragon

Ha, very true. I love the way that the legend around the battle has grown so much. Before its all said and done, the story will be ten Spartan warriors held that pass against two million persians. :p

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The "weakness" to yellow was a necessary impurity in the ring/OA power battery. Recently, that "impurity" was revealed to be a hostile intelligence. Thus began a story arc,

But the power battery on Oa has been out of the picture for years, after Oa was destroyed. The surviving rings have been free of the weakness for that reason.

16. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Ohhh. Well then, you learn something new every day.
    I guess that does explain it then.

Thank you Cog :cool:

17. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

I heard that Superman is just as fast as Flash though, right? He go back in time and kill Flash while he's still in the womb.

18. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Yah, but the Flash can go back in time too.
    WHAT A CONUNDRUM.

19. Cogito

The Flash is faster than Superman. This has been established several times. But what's all this talk of killing?

20. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Some of you are saying that the Gren Latern is over powered too, I don't know much about him, but why do you say so and I did love Static too too bad they stopped showing it.

21. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Superman can't go back in time...can he?

Also, +1 to static shock, he was awesome.

Edit: Wait, I forgot Flash runs faster than light speed. HE ARRIVES BEFORE HE LEAVES! I doubt superman can do that as well.

22. Cogito

Superman has travelled through time on several occasions. The Hlash has done so on many occasions, as well as travelled to parallel universes, also by high velocity travel.

One Flash (there have been 4 to date, not counting other high velocity superheroes tapping into the same speed force) was able to vibrate through so;id objects. Like te various Green Lanters, each Flash manifested his power somewhat differently.

I liked Static. They were starting to do some interesting things with him when they ended the series, including a glimpse into what he might become a few years later.

23. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22-vQYNX2Xc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfcN8vStJw

24. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

As has already been pointed out, he does this all the time. By flying around the Earth in the opposite direction in at least one incident (Because that TOTALLY would work in real life!)

And yes, Flash can arrive before he leaves. I cannot even comprehend how pwnage that is.

Doesn't anyone else want to make fun of Aquaman's ineptitude? He's ridiculous.

Also, I think that this is easily the best episode of any superhero show, ever. This is a summary of the episode + this guys commentary, which is OK. Not nearly as hilarious as the actual show though.

Here it is on Youtube.
    Skip to 7:00 for evidence of aquaman's epic fail.

25. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Flash doesn't always do that though right? He doesn't go his max speed every time or else he'll get tired.