Supernatural

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Leaka, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Half and half," Julian said, "My grandma said that when people have difference in taste to get half and half."
    Julian began the ascent up the stairs to order some pizza. He made sure Micheal was close, but not to close. He didn't want them to think he was some weirdo who liked other boys. But he didn't want to lose himself again. The stairs were laughing at him again the sinister laughs of the stairs.
    "You're breaking your promise Julian," the voice said.
    "Go back down or I'll punish you,"
    "Don't break your promise,"

"Shut up...shut up...shut up...shut up...shut up," Julian thought.
    "Julian don't go against me...don't DEFY Me,"
    "I'm sorry Micheal can you get the pizzas I don't want to after all,"

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

What the hell? First he asks him that he wants him to go, and then he decides he "doesn't want to go after all?" Micheal gave him a piercing and unkind look of disbelief. But, though his actions tended to be negative, Micheal always struggled to be positive in these times. He wanted to ask just what was Julian's malfunction, but since he had already proven enough something was not quite right, he forced himself to let it slide. Besides, he couldn't claim himself to be an average person after all.
    "Um, yeah. I'll get you guys a half-and-half. See you in a bit." He turned around and walked up the stairs, muttering to himself.

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Savvina ignored Jesse and the boys, walking over to the Arcade. She spun the coin, balancing it on the palm of her hand. The best thing about this place was that there was a field behind the plaza. Although wicked people were thinking of constructing a mall in a patch of the farm, the glistening shine of glossy greenery could be observed even from the topmost floor. She whistled a jolly tune as she played a pleasant game of Columns. Though the sound effects were somewhat irritating, she kept her cool and pondered briefly over the situation of her latest 'hanger-ons'. Actually, they are something like friends.

After seeing how Julian had reacted to the stairs, first at school and now at the plaza, she realized that he suffered from an intense fear of flight. About Michael and Jesse - she had only heard rumors, some a bit ridiculous. The most believable for Michael was his fear of death, while Jesse was rumored to be a heart-broken girl. If that made any sense.

A thought kept pinching the back of Savvina's mind. Something told her that they were connected. Their fears - or stupidities, perhaps, had a connection. Her assumption was vague, but she was so sure about Julian. They both feared something intensely, and Julian seemed to console her at the right time, and she was with him at school and when he collapsed at the stairs. Did it mean they knew each other because of their fears? Or was it something more?

Maybe I've been reincarnated and he pushed me off stairs when I was asleep! Savvina chuckled to herself, despite the fact that she had lost the game.

4. ValianceInEnd

Micheal talked to the man on the register and ordered a pizza. With a strong sigh, he ordered half-veggie half-meat. The man kept looking at Micheal funny, as if he knew what they were up to, but seemed to not really care. The uninteresting fellow went back into the kitchen to carry out their order. Micheal put his hands in his pockets and walked over to the window over looking the little field in back. A sign stood on the small street between the field and pizza parlor which read "Ultizen Corp: Bringing the freshest in technology to the farming community." On it was a picture of a smiling family surrounded with advanced, if not fanciful, technology. Ultizen was a large company that was expanding into the rural areas of the country to improve farming. He had heard rumors that they were experimenting with growth hormones for corn and other important produce. He had even read some rumors on the internet that they were conducting experiments in human advancement, especially repairing the damage caused to brain from aging. Some people in the town actually thought they were putting something in the water, though he had no idea how they could have figured something far fetched like that out. Still, it seemed like an interesting idea. Something inside kept telling him that all wasn't quite right with this Ultizen Corp.

5. milove

milove New Member

(sorry I disappeared y'all)
    Jesse put her head on the table. Seeing Julian wake Savvina so gently like that made her feel so sick. That loving touch was so scary and disgusting.
    She slowly rose her head which was throbbing painfully. "Julian, do you by chance have any pain killers?"

6. ValianceInEnd

The pizza was finished and Micheal picked up off the counter with a small "thank you" directed at the guy. He began walking down the stairs casually wondering why he just bought pizza for a group of kids he had only just met that day. To his nostrils came the scent of cooked meat, something that had died. His eyes watered up, and he bit his lip. No, I won't freak out now was all he could think. He did his best to get down the stairway with his muscles freezing up. C'mon, he knew he could do it. He shouldn't be so stupid. He got to the bottom and quickly set, more like threw, the pizza down on the table. Keeping his momentum, he sat himself right down on the next table and grabbed his head. He knew he must look strange, but he didn't care. He could make up an excuse or something. Slowly rising up, he was relieved to see the others, who had already seen a lot, begining to eat the pizza. Jesse definetely wasn't looking 100%, Savvina was off playing a game, Julian was appearing a bit calmer, and that girl was still lying there in the corner.

7. milove

milove New Member

ops, sorry.

8. Charisma

Savvina jumped at the throwing of the pizza tray. She turned around to see a horrified Michael cling to the veggie pizza. Jesse looked unwell, while Julian seemingly was just fine. She quickly followed them and took a seat between Jesse and Julian, cheerily tearing away two pizza pieces.
    "Yum ee."
    She spoke softly, taking a bite. She then noticed a girl in the corner of the floor. Chastity. Savvina knew her well, but hadn't seen her at school lately.

9. ValianceInEnd

Micheal sat and toyed with his slice, letting it fall from hand to hand. It was only just now that he realized ha wasn't all that hungry. Everyone sat at the table in silence, absorbed in their own thoughts. Micheal couldn't shake the feeling of connection he had to everyone. It had been lingering on his mind ever since their first encounter several hours ago. It seemed strange to him that deep down he felt kind of like they were his friends. He shrugged it off, doing his best to conceal his emotions.

10. Iulia

Iulia New Member

(Sorry guys, my internet isn't working, I'm at the library.)
    The girl had given up - she was now asking a boy called "Julian" for pain killers. Chasity felt as strange as she ever had, but she was glad the girl was no longer trying to console her. In her mind, she'd been saying "get away from me", but her throat seemed to be closed and she could utter no words. Now her head spun as she shook on the floor. Go away goawaygoawaygoaway. She didn't know how she'd get home - she didn't want to move from the small space of the wall. Oh why did she even go on this little "adventure"! She felt sick, and she could tell that one of the girls had had a traumatic expirience in her estranged presance and it made her feel both akward and intruding. Then she had a horrible thought. What if these kids went to her school? What if they told everyone about the creepy stoner from the pizza place? Finally she got up the nerve to stand. She would not be thought of that way.
    "Hi, sorry about that whole . . . scene," she muttered, "I tripped and got the wind knocked out of me." She was obviously lying, and a girl raised an eyebrow in disbelief.
    "I-I'm Chasity," she offered.

11. Charisma

Savvina smiled to Chastity, someone she already knew well enough to know she was clearly lying. Savvina let out a sigh and recalled everything she knew about Chastity.

She and Chastity had been good friends a while back. Actually, more than a year back. It was suddenly that Chastity started to drift away from her, terming her need for isolation as 'personal space'. The isolations and keeping to herself grew over a long time, and eventually Savvina was told by her mother very harshly on the phone, that they longer could be friends. Some said it was because Savvina was a senior (a ridiculous attempt, indeed), but Savvina felt that something came in between them, which was more than just a change of style. It was a change of relationship.

Savvina always felt they were still friends - but in a different way. As if there had been a connection. Maybe it was best to leave it at that, since Chastity didn't even recognize Savvina anymore. It may have been amnesia, but Savvina felt that the darkness of her mind which had beguiled her to remain alone, might as well have tempted her to forget old friends. Savvina only wished she could help her, but she herself was in desperate need of help.

Savvina raised an eyebrow, and then acted as if she never knew Chastity herself. Instead, like newly introduced people, she spoke softly:
    "Uhh, it's okay. These are -"
    Savvina felt a pain at the back of her head. A popular girl screamed out : 'Do not tell them they're your friends!'
    Savvina cleared her throat, starting again:
    "This is Julian, Michael and Jesse. We're -"
    Hey, we're...playing hookie?! NO!
    "...eating pizza."
    She courteously added, but only half-heartedly.
    "Care to join?"
    Don't join, please.

12. ValianceInEnd

That girl, or Chasity as it appeared, finally stood up to introduce herself. It was done in an awkward fashion, which obviously did not settle well with the rest of the group. Savvina made some motions of introduction, and even asked if Chasity would join them. Micheal sighed to himself, like we needed another person. Getting caught seemed to become more and more likely as the time wore on. Still, something inside him told him he shouldn't be such a jerk. With a hard swallow, he said, "Yeah, um, Chasity. Please join us."
    He couldn't believe what he just said.

13. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Chasity's heart sank. Savvina. The voice sounded almost familiar, but she'd shaken the feeling off. Now it all came rushing back - when the first hint of agoraphobia began to sink into her mind. Her mother had freaked out - since Chasity's father had been killed in the military, her mother became very protective, and the next time she saw Savvina, she was ignored. She didn't blame Savvina, either, because another girl had told her that her own mother had called Savvina and put an end to their friendship. Somehow, she felt comforted, but also even worse. Meanwhile, Savvina either didn't recognize Chasity or pretended not to, so perhaps she could get by with pretending they were strangers. She just stood there, frozen in place as the room and the people in it began to grow, and finally Chasity was the size of a flea. She wanted more than anything to be home - but she couldn't go down those stairs.
    "I - um . . ." she began - she didn't exactly care to join, but if she said no and made an excuse, she'd have to go back into the real world. That was an even scarier thought. "I have to go to the bathroom," she said dumbly, seeing the door. She felt as if she would throw up as her cheeks reddened in embarassment. Forget it. I'm never leaving the house again. She thought, thinking school an even more torturous place after this encounter.

14. Charisma

A sigh of relief was on the borderline of escape, when Savvina forced it back in.
    "Uhh...okay."
    Lies, lies. Why so many of them, Chastity? Why? She turned to Michael who seemed to have been choked for a moment, but then the impression faded.

15. ValianceInEnd

Everyone ate in a sort of solemn silence. No one seemed to want to speak up or start conversation. Micheal looked meekly around, a bit daunted by the quiet atmosphere. He thought back to the sign for Ultizen and decided he would try to start a conversation on it since it seemed to be a hot topic at the moment.
    "So what do you guys think of that new corporation coming into town, Ultizen?"
    It was completely out of the blue, but Micheal didn't know what else to do.

16. Charisma

Savvina, the most interested in the topic, immediately put down her third pizza piece and started off:
    "Oh, those guys are big losers. They are using unstable, artificially made hormones and enzymes in some of the farms. I am so not voting for them. My uncle, Cari, owns a small ranch. The mares have been food poisoned by eating some of those crops."

Toning down, she added:
    "On the other hand, farming has improved. Fodder is readily available for the horses, and many of the farmers are reporting good yields. But the error remains - any amount of unstable or radioactive molecules in our bodies could be dangerous. Where they are working at anti-aging, nutritious crops and ample yields, they might cause brain deadness and stuff."

Savvina finally took a break, looking around to see blank faces.
    "My father owns a ranch and talks to many people about this on daily basis."
    She added, trying to convince her audience.

Then she remembered the beautiful ranch which she loved from her heart and soul. Evangeline and Pristine were her favorite mares, while she also had Fernandez and Fire as her boys. She'd ride them every Friday, which would have been four days later, and would love to talk to them about her problems. However - she wasn't going to tell that to them.

17. ValianceInEnd

Micheal silently listened to Savvina rant on about Ultizen. Seems he hit a jackpot as she knew a lot about them. He honestly wasn't interested by the subject, but he wanted to keep it alive so he wouldn't have to listen to the dead quiet.
    "Yeah, I hear that some people have said they've been tampering with our water. What do you think?"

18. Charisma

Savvina thought for a short while, and then spoke slowly:
    "My father says that's only a rumor. But my brother, I dare say, disagrees."
    Savvina didn't know why she was saying all of this, but she knew she couldn't say this to her chic, popular friends. They would be more interested in fashion than real-world problems.
    "My brother has been responsible for feeding the horses since two months. He admits that something is being dumped into the rivers, and its not the average domestic waste. It has got purple and green hues, but in water it turns to yellow, and then disappears. He thinks it has something to do with hydration or something of the sort."
    Savvina then cleared up her throat, commenting:
    "But he says there is something alive about the waste. I think that's just his perception, but he says he can feel the waste looking at him as he collects the fodder."
    Savvina then laughed - the first time she had.
    "He's stupid at times."

19. ValianceInEnd

Micheal sort of chuckled. Thinking about waste being alive was pretty funny, and stupid. Savvina seemed to know a lot about Ultizen and what was going on, contradictory to her "popular, I don't care about anything but me" appearance. She actually seemed quite intelligent, so why she never seemed that way at school was beyond Micheal. He couldn't really think of much to say in return because his greatest source were the rumors he heard his parents discussing every now and then.
    "Yeah, that's pretty sill I guess," mumbled Micheal, unsure of what to say.

20. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Chasity could hear murmurs outside the door, but she had no idea what they were saying. She spied the wooden doorstop, and her heart slowed it's unhealthy pace. Without thinking of vandalism, she produced her father's Swiss army knife and began to carve a figure. She didn't alter the shape, however, thinking slightly of others. It was as if she'd finally found comfort - carving was even better than sketching, because it had demension. Then, there was a voice. You were awfully rude to Savvina and her friends. It was her father's voice, gentle, deep, and comforting, though slightly stern in scolding her. Chasity knew sometimes they were her own thoughts, but thinking in her father's voice made her feel less crazy.
    "I know, but I can't help it. They were terrifying," she whispered back. That's no excuse, Chas. You know you need to be brave.
    "Look where it got you," she murmured defiantly. How dare you!? Now it was her own voice.
    "I mean . . . I just -" You ought to appollogize - and stop lying. You know it breaks my heart when you lie. Her father's voice was back and she found her mouth hanging open, her eyes wide. No! No! her voice answered, I absolutely can't! Soon a woman's face was staring up at her from the top part of the doorstop. It was far from her best work, but not bad. A thought crossed her mind to give the figure to Savvina, but she swatted it away. The doorstop, as if still was, was not hers to give - nor would Savvina appreciate such a gift. Nor would Chasity have the courage to face her, come to think of it. But she knew her thoughts were right before - fear got her into this mess, and to conquer a fear you have to face it. Still, the mere thought of leaving the bathroom made her tremble.

21. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"My dad is the head scientist...he is also the man who founded the company and made it grow as large as it is," Julian blurted out, "My dad is becoming a tycoon now...he rarely comes home...when he does come home he is yelling about work...he seems always stressed, but my dad was talking to some guy on the phone...they said something about a vitamin project...I couldn't hear cery well...I think nothing of it really until my grandparents..."
    Julian stopped himself he was ranting he knew it, but something inside of him like an inhuman force stopped.
    Don't hurt the one you call Micheal he fears it fears death
    This was not the usual voice that bothered Julian every waking hour. This voice was different almost comforting like a mother or father though the voice had no distinct sound.
    Julian looked at Chasity.
    "I only have my anti-depressant medicine," Julian replied wondering if he should tell them about the medicine or not, "Actually watching the vice principal disappear got me thinking...I think we should tell each other more about ourselves...the reason for me freaking out near the stairs is cause I have severe...."
    He couldn't bring himself to say it. Julian had no confidence when it came to these things. Julian wanted someone else to open the conversation ogf their fears. He wanted someone else to help him. He was never able to do anything on his own without the support of someone else.

22. Charisma

Savvina thought of Julian's father and her own on the same scale. Her father was a simple man whose world revolved around his large family, and his affection was directed to his grandparents who were pretty sick nowadays. She had heard from her cousin Phil that his father and Savvina's father were talking to these Ultizen guys about their plans, and there was optimism in their voices. And Julian's father was talking about vitamins. Hmmm.

Savvina then saw how he suddenly brought up the topic of his freaking out near stairs. She didn't know what to say. She had thought it was because he was afraid of stairs, but his use of the word 'severe' and then cutting off, made her ponder.
    You go on, Savvina.
    An unusual voice said to her. Like an advice from beyond human intelligence.
    "I guess you're right, Julian. I mean...I have to say that I feel there's something which has kept us connected. All of us, distressed of school life, stranded in a hallway...then planning to skip school, and all of us more than eager to do so...I know why I did it."
    Savvina then cleared her throat, strangling her popular side for the time.
    "I am really tired out, and that's not because of the social activities of my life, but because..."
    She breathed out, and finally finished:
    "I am extremely - and I mean extremely - afraid of sleep. I haven't slept well for days. And I know that if I tire myself, I'll fall asleep. But I can't let that happen to myself. It's...horrifying. Almost as if hell. Or worse."

23. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Julian looked at Savvina for some reason he felt he could say it. Since it was now part of a conversation.
    "I have severe acrophobia...to the point that I have these," Julian said flashing his anti-depressants, "Right now I'm trying not to remind myself that I am on the second floor...this fear happened after my grandparents left...part of it is my ownself another is something else...like another force has triggered the fear to a point where I can no longer do anything with heights...I skip a lot of class cause they are up the stairs I use to be a really good student...now I'm lagging behind the stupid people."
    Julian looked at Savvina.
    "What is hell like?" Julian found himself asking, "I only wonder through different places of torture and torment...a voice has cursed the high skies for me...my spirit will be afraid to go heaven and I haven't sinned before, but I will be going to hell there is nowhere else."

24. Charisma

Savvina nodded as she listened to Julian's explanation, followed by a peculiarly worded question.
    "Well, I don't know what hell is like, because I've never been there."
    Though it was supposed to be a cynical answer, she restrained from making it sound so.
    "Hell is supposedly the worst placed you can imagine. But hey -"
    She paused, pondering hard on Julian's words.
    "No voice can curse the heights for you. That's...injustice. I mean, I guess that's a part of your phobia. I'm sure you'll...well...get to the heaven."
    Savvina felt a bit stupid, thinking about Michael who probably would've freaked out after hearing of death.

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Julian realized his mistake. He had juist talked about death when he was ordered by the voice not to.
    "Um....this pizza is really good...How did you like Columns Savvina?" Julians aid trying to back track on what he just said.
    Julian looked at Savvina. He felt bad now because he talked about death in front of Mihceal. But it was an unavoidable conversation. A conversation taht need to be held.
    All men die it was unavoidable my children, but maybe you should have started the conversation a little after the secret was told
    The voice from before said. The voice with no distinct sexuality, no distinct characteristics. A voice that seemed wiser then any of their years.
    Children I will be the ones to guide you, just follow quickly
    "You are all connected, but i cannot tell you anymore...I am being watched therefore I let you figure it ou, but call me when you have questions"
    Julian looked at Savvina who seemed flabergasted.
    "You heard that voice too didn't you?" Julian asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.