Tale of Exzalia, well of darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

River found herself speechless at the contempt with which William spoke. He was certain every nox user was out to get him and everyone else. Something must have happened in his past to cause such a parinoa. She was about to reason with him when Zoth offered him some sort of potion. His eyes were clouded and his speech that of one who had had too much brew. The two spoke crossly to one another and then Zoth said. "Im only trying to help you. But if you don't want some of my, eh, potion--how bout we deul? Here and now?"

They both seemed on the edge of a terrible fight...and on a seer no less. She only had one idea. She hated the thought of it. River believed such arguments were resolved quicker in a duel that was presided over by stronger magicians, with a healer nearby. They had none of these things and she was certain the seer would drop them the moment it felt spells going off on its back. So she did they only thing she could do. "Miss Vashel!"

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

Will was riding near Tess, and was taking everything in. He loved flying, loved the new sights, sounds, everything! But he felt a darkness in himself to. He could feel the Nox everywhere, and it frightened him. He hated that Nox was what he had to use. He hadn't chosen, it had just happened that when he first started being able to weave, Nox was the first one he learned. He had always fought against it, learned Althea to balance against the Nox, but it was always there. Light and Dark, Nox and Althea. It expressed itself in his personality he knew. His nature was cheerful and light, but when he was in danger, or had to fight, the cold and calculating brutality of Nox came out in him. He was like his sword, double edged, light and dark.

In Grove, he was afraid the dark might overpower him, throw off his balance, the equilibrium he had strove so hard to achieve. He decided he's deal with that when the time came.

"So, Tess. What do you think of everyone so far?" He asked, trying to push the thoughts of Nox and Althea from his mind. Just then,

"Miss Vashal!" River shouted, and Will noticed the Zoth and Other William looked like they were about to get into it... like right now. "Especially about those two?" He amended his question.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tess / Vashal Welcome to Grove

So, Tess. What do you think of everyone so far? "Especially about those two

"I think we are one man short of a loony bin." Tess laughed, he was about to make another joke about Vashals hotness when he heard,

I have River

"You're doing what to River?" Tess exclaimed suddenly turning around looking cross, he clearly wasn't listening because all he heard was "I have River"

Vashal listened to her students and grinned, though they did not know it she was aware of all of there situations very intimately. River was a little proud, Varem was awkward around groups, Rose was an all about me personality and the list went on. Course she never let on to how much she understood each of them.
    "Miss Vashal!"
    "I know River but thank you for telling me. You boys, do you want me to make you soil your selfs? If not then BEHAVE!"
    Vashals stinging voice was enough to make Tess flinch.
    "Well, she is hot in more ways than one." Tess whispered to Lebry and Will jokingly.

An hour into the flight and morning was almost over, Vashal called to them saying. "Welcome to Grove." Before them a vast land covered in shadowy forests and rocky mountain ranges stretched before them, yes this place had an eeriness to it, but there was a beauty to this place too. Grove was famous for its large flora, trees that towered over them even as they flew past. the giant mountains stretched as far as they could see, pockets of greenery dotting them. These mountains and hills were small however and none of them had snow at their peaks.

There was an ominous feeling that could no be denied however, Nox eather did flow here that they could tell, the sky was very clouded and even as the sun grew brighter only some of it's rays hit the surface of this green but shadowy land.

Grove was beautiful and frightful all at once.

"Pay attention this will be on your final exsam, Grove was named after its lush forests, It used to be one central kingdom rivaling even Damiruu in power, about 5000 years ago the one nation that ruled this land had a massive civil war, now Grove is governed by no one power, but is a collection of small nations, all of them human. This lack of unity is also what adds to the woes of the people who live here, crime and forbidden magic can be practiced here with very little policeing. the only other race here aside from humans are elves, but the elves here are secretive and shy." Vashal went on her lecture once again as they flew closer to their destination. As she talked one student pointed to the sky and shouted "LOOK!"

Every one looked up, the sky was dark with blackned clouds, yet the clouds moved in strange ways, they weren't clouds at all, but phantoms. A girl screamned as the shadowy whips grew closer, , they looked like ragid peices cloth floating aimlessly, there was so many of them it looked like a moveing storm cloud. Vashal smirked as they drew closer.

"Don't be alarmed, those are shadow wisps, dark creatures that feed on Nox eather, there a sign that the well is very close."

Phantoms flew up to the students, one get very close to Zothecula and, despite Vashals reasureance the student seemed uneasy.
    "Now they can be dangerous, but they won't attack us."

"Why?" Tess asked

"Because I'm here, monsters will not attack something they can't defeat."
    The phantoms flew very close to them, but hung back afraid for their own safty. The wind seer suddenly made a sheering sound and angrily blasted one that came too close, shooting a cyclone of wind from it's head. The others scattered in terror revealing a blackened castle ahead.

"Welcome, to the well of darkness." Vashal announced. below them the ground was covered in Nox eather, black and purple it swirled like a mist, even the air seemed fogged up as they drew closer. A black castle rose high in the sky, orbs of Althea dotted the landscape provideing light in an other wise shadowy world.
    Chimeing the wind seer flew down to the ground where a circle of althea orbs glowed. They had arrived, the castle holding one of Exzalias great discoveries.

"Remmeber what I told you, stay on the path and head for the castle, stick together, and DON'T walk into the Nox. Don't think just because some of you can use Nox means you will be fine, your still liveing and Nox is the eather of death, it will kill you."

4. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Lebry and the Nox of Grove

At the beginning of the journey, Lebreus was nervous, because he didn't knew what was all this about; a person without knowledge is the most vulnerable one, and he knew that, and experienced it, because the lack of his own past inside his memories had always brought troubles to him.
    However as long as they were getting close to Grove, that feeling of nervousism was slowly being replaced by a pleasant feeling inside of him deep on his heart, no, carving the deepest part of his soul. Once they reached Grove, he was surprised at how the environment and its presences didn't striked him with any kind of fear, but instead they work to increase that pleasant feeling that prepared a nest inside of him. So Grove isn't that terrible at least, he thought.

Then he heard it... a sound that couldn't be identified by him, yet that he felt as a call; and together with that sound that only he could hear, there was a force, and invisible and unknown force trying to pull him to the darkness of the Nox of Grove; and then he slowly step by step started to get away from the road, reaching the boundaries between the safe and the unknown.... However on that moment was when the voice of Miss Vashal broke the "spell", it was the warning to not get close to the Nox, and that warning made Lebry to return to his sense; it was still strange thought, the normal situation would be him to be either sweaty or shuddering, however he felt revitalized and even happy the close he got to the Nox, however on this moment his common sense was the strongest force, and thus he ignored the sensations and followed the group into to the black castle.

"For those who had lived into the womb of life the tomb of death was a true terror; for those that had lived into the tomb of death, the terror was indeed the womb of life"

5. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

A quiet teenage boy watched all of their interactions from behind everyone. Nobody seemed to notice him, pre-maturely greyed hair flowing over and around his oval-like ears. The boy's name is
    Wymur

"This view is fantastic! I do wish I could fly with the Wind Seers though."

Wymur finally speaks up. His voice is a dull murmur, only half-hoping that it would actually reach somebody's ears. Remembering his ears with shame, he tucks his hair over the tops of them.

Level 1: exp: 0

6. Pheonix

Will

The feeling of unease was back, like his chest was bursting. The black called to him, but he shunned it, instead staying as close to the Althea orbs as he could.

"This view is fantastic! I do wish I could fly with the Wind Seers though."

"What's that you say?" Will asked. A young man with grey hair was walking along towards the back. Will was still a bit reluctant to venture into the heart of darkness, and had hung back a little. "It was pretty amazing on there wasn't it." He held out his hand. "I'm Will. Who are you?" He smiled, noticing the young man's tipped ears, hidden under his hair, and felt a little sad for him, forced to hide that he was half elf, it wasn't right.

7. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

"I'm Will. Who are you?" Wymur was startled at a response, such a friendly one. He eased up a little.

"I am Wymur Garid, Druid in training. You've probably seen me around the school, you may not have known though."

Wymur adds a mysterious smile. The introduction is completely out of place from this dark, eerie, land. (What a beautiful land gone to waste...) Wymur shakes his head, observing the area and lost souls.

8. Love to Write

River Hoya

The Nox here was overwhelming. She felt as if her very soul were being crushed by the weight. This was nothing like she had expected when she imagined the grove. She pressed close to Vaner the Scorch giant. Her shoulders barely reached his elbow. River fingered her bow string nervously weaving wind on it causing a sound very much like a violin to emminate from the vibrations. The reasurring weight of her quiver also helped to ease her anxiety. But only a little.
    She glanced up at Vaner as they walked. For some reason his size helped her feel safer. No doubt he could easily hold his own in a fight.

River looked towards the front of the group where Miss Vashel walked as if she were in the school's hallway. She was begginning to doubt the wisdom of her teacher. To many of the students were users of the Nox. They were likely having an exactly opposite reaction to the Nox as she was. She looked behind her to make sure none of the students had walked into the darkness. As far as she could tell, none had. At least...not yet.

9. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William

So close...

William had just been able to run the shadow-user through with a flame blade, but then Vashal interrupted them. Although, William liked to think he probably would've won anyways; he had spent a lot of time since coming to the academy studying the ContraNoxys, but in truth he rarely dueled and, deep down, wasn't entirely sure what the outcome would be. He decided it was best to be extra-wary of this Zothecula fellow. Who knew how long Nox-users would hold unreasonable grudges?

He had also seen Tess shoot a look at him when he mentioned River. William wasn't entirely sure why; he had seen Tess act like an idiot around the girl, so he assumed he disliked her or something. If William wanted an example of a good friendship, he just looked at River and Emery. Those two talked together all the time!

Eventually, they arrived at the Grove, a place of beautiful, lush forests, an eerie atmosphere, little light, and hoards of floating cloth that apparently ate Nox. Good: anything that got rid of the stuff was fine by William's standards.

Once they landed, William instantly strode over to one of the orbs and struck up a conversation with it regarding how great they are for keeping away the darkness and Nox, and that he wished more people like these orbs existed. As far as William knew, the only people who understood him were these orbs of Althea and the academy's staff, who were all aware of his "condition." They even set a guard with him while he was walking the halls to help keep Nox users away! Although, the guard was always referred to a "therapist" for some reason and constantly talked about how Nox users weren't quite as bad as William acted like.

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Varem

"Welcome, to the well of darkness." Vashal said. Varem didn't like it here. It stank of death. He prefered things to be living.

"I am Wymur Garid, Druid in training. You've probably seen me around the school, you may not have known though." Someone behind him said.

Varem's ears picked up at this. Another like him? This he hadn't been expecting. Now there was someone he had something in common with.

"Druid Wymur, from where do you hail?"

11. Pheonix

Will

"I am Wymur Garid, Druid in training. You've probably seen me around the school, you may not have known though."

"I just was thinking about how many of the people here I don't know. Sorry I never noticed you before. Pleasure to meet you Wymur."

Then he was suddenly struck with something. The dark was out there, everywhere. Pulling at him, like little hands. It made him shudder, but filled him with warmth and joy.

If I can just get into the Nox, I know that everything will be okay. I'll be safe and warm and happy. Father will be there... He thought it, but it wasn't his own thought. He tried to fight it, stopping in the path. Looking at the darkness out there.

He took a step, then another. Finally, he was one step away from walking into the black. He stepped forward.

12. Exzalia

First dungeon, Castle of Nox

The group traveled through the shadows guided by beacons of Althea. The windseer stayed behind snoozing, tired from its efforts.
    "This castle was built to hide and protect the well of darkness, it used to have a spell around if that hid it and the well for many centuries, the spell only now has vanished, it's the only reason why we found this place." Vashal was at it again, talking away about dates and facts. Tess was more focused on the shadowy figure running through the Nox, weird forms peered at them for a second, then darted away, It unnerved him.

"In the year 567 there was a war over this very site." Vashal continued as she pushed open the castle doors. "The fighting ended whe-" She stopped.

Before them was a large hallway, dark blue tiles covered the floor, huge columns held up colossal stairs. All in all the castle was dark but beautiful and, there was no Nox floating in here, they could move. But something unnerved Vashal. She mumbled under her breath "Where is everybody? Something's not right." The only students who could hear her were the elves, their ears attuned to even a whisper

Vashal paused for a moment thinking. "There should be at least a hundred light mages here." She turned to her class hiding her concern with a smile. "All right class, stay right here I will be right back." Vashal weaved and a bright circle surrounded the entire group. "I'll only be a moment" She said smiling. "Oh and...BEHAVE!" She said suddenly glaring.
    Smiling again she scampered off, at the far end of the hall there was a door with a symbol on it, Vashal weaved something and fired it at the door. It opened and she went inside, the door shutting behind her.

Tess then noticed. "Hey...where is will?"

13. lixAxil

Then Lebry interrupted exclaiming, "Do not worry for Will", and then with one hand he grab the clothes of Will and pulled him aside from the Nox.
    Now that Lebreus had recovered his common sense for a while, he was all time aware of the Nox's fluctuation that even with his calm state were calling him into the darkness, and then was when he noticed how the other Lorian was slowly being attracted by the flow of Nox. Good it was for him to notice it though, as he quickly pulled him.

But it was strange.... could it be that he wasn't the only one being called by the Nox of this land?, or perhaps, could it be that it was predestined for certain people to came to the Nox for an unknown reason?.
    Lebry placed a hand on his head while deeply thinking in all the posibilities.

And now that Vashal wasn't there..... there was actually no one who could stop Lebreus himself to go into the Nox, still he shaked his head denying this feeling, and returning to normality.

Then he asked with a low tone that only Will could heard

"Do you..... feel it?..... as if the Nox, or something that is embodied deep into the Nox were to be calling you?. Is not a voice, just a sound, but you feel as if a force were to carry you, do you feel that too?"

His eyes widened while asking this. Yet that wasn't the biggest mystery.... it was why did he liked it?, why did he didn't feel fear at all?, why was the Nox such a pleasant feeling to him? Still those last thoughts were kept inside his mind

14. Love to Write

River Hoya

They approached a dark castle...but instead of walking inside everyone stopped. She wondered why until she heard Vashal wisper, "Where is everybody? Something's not right."

"What?" River asked. What did she mean something isn't right? We're supposed to be safe!
    Vashael commanded them to remain put and be good. Yeah, easy for her to say.

"Hey...where is will?" Someone yelled. She looked around...Lebrey had just pulled him out of the darkness. Her heart was now beating rapidly and her breaths quickened. Something was terribly wrong. She took the bow she had been wearing and notched an arrow, just in case.
    "Do you..... feel it?..... as if the Nox, or something that is embodied deep into the Nox were to be calling you?. Is not a voice, just a sound, but you feel as if a force were to carry you, do you feel that too?" She heard a student whisper.

"Find a buddy, stay together. Don't let eachother wander off into the Nox!" She yelled. If Vashel wasn't back in 5 minutes...she was going in after her.

15. Exzalia

5 minutes pass

16. Exzalia

5 more minutes pass, nothing happens. Tess was starting to become restless, Finally he blurted out. "Are we going to stand here or go after her?"

17. Love to Write

Five terribly slow minutes passed. Vashel was not back...something was wrong.

"Are we going to stand here or go after her?" Tess blurted out, breaking the silence.

"But she told us to wait here!" Someone countered. Several students nodded their heads.

River didn't know what to say. She was just as frightened as they were. But her instincts
    were telling her to go inside. Finally she thought of her father. Of what he might say were he in her shoes.

"Fine! Stay here! Be cowards!" Stepped up beside Tess. "Vashel chose us cause we are special. If you want to sit here
    and wait for whatever has Vashel to come to you then fine...but my gut is telling me to go.
    So..." She paused. "Are you going to help us or not?"

18. lixAxil

An unexpected side from the young Lebreus

An smile crossed then the face of Lebry, yet it wasn't excitement of happiness, it was the smile of a boy about to play with his new toys regardless if they broke or not.

"Calm down Tess, River.... Why don't we send to scout one very skilled student between us." Lebry pulled a firework from his bag and said, "you.... go, take a look at the inside, and if you need it, light this firework to call us."

The hand was extended toward Emery....

"C'mon... aren't you an skilled superior student compared to all of us? I'm sure you aren't scared at all.... aren't you??? Emery????"

On the mind of Lebry this was a checkmante. If Emery was arrogant enough, she'll take the risk and go alone, scouting the area and saving them from danger, if she wasn't brave enough, she would face the humilliation, even if others don't care, probably due to her personality she'll feel frustrated if she weren't to reject a task like that.

A sweet entertaining for the first day in Grove...

19. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William

William was becoming desperate. Everywhere he looked, suits of armor chattered at him, walls changed color, and ancient, unused wall torches suddenly sprang to life with fire that had no illumination. The only thing he didn't seem to imagine was the Nox-users disappearing.

It must be the Nox from outside affecting me. It's making me worse.

He was just at the point of asking Mistress Vashal if she had any of that potion he took - Ms. Vashal was always prepared as far as William was concerned - but she left to go find Will, who happened to be right besides them the entire damn time.

Are you going to help us or not?

"I am." William stepped by her. The presence of a creature who couldn't use Nox always comforted William. Besides, she was the only student he could completely trust right now, and William really wanted Vashal back, not just for the potion but because of what her academy had done for him.

One of the windows grew a mouth. "Don't let the Nox swallow you, sonny. Remember your parents." The window melted off the wall as it laughed. William really wanted that potion right now.

20. Pheonix

Will

"Do you..... feel it?..... as if the Nox, or something that is embodied deep into the Nox were to be calling you?. Is not a voice, just a sound, but you feel as if a force were to carry you, do you feel that too?"

Will looked up from the ground and blinked. The other Lorian, Lebry he thought, was standing above him wearing a quizzical expression. His mind cleared, but he couldn't remember the last few seconds, there was a blank spot.

"Yeah, like a warm voice is calling to me and grabbing me with little hands." He said, still in a daze. Then with a start he jumped up. "Holy Althea! What did I just try to do!" He cried out. They were just outside the castle and he rushed in, just in time to hear River call,

"Find a buddy, stay together. Don't let each other wander off into the Nox!"

He turned back to Lebry. "Thank you! I owe you my life!" He said grabbing the other's shoulders. He couldn't believe he'd been so weak, to let himself get lulled in by the dark.

Inside the castle the Nox didn't seem to have a presence. He found a quite corner and breathed deeply, weaving little Althea orbs around himself. They comforted him as he spun them around. About ten minutes passed, and Will had calmed down. Then another commotion started.

"Are we going to stand here or go after her?" Tess said it.

"Fine! Stay here! Be cowards!" River stepped up next to Tess, "Vashel chose us cause we are special. If you want to sit here
    and wait for whatever has Vashel to come to you then fine...but my gut is telling me to go.
    So..." She paused. "Are you going to help us or not?"
    Will stood but before he could speak...

"Calm down Tess, River.... Why don't we send to scout one very skilled student between us." Lebry pulled a firework from his bag and said, "you.... go, take a look at the inside, and if you need it, light this firework to call us."
    The hand was extended toward Emery....
    "C'mon... aren't you an skilled superior student compared to all of us? I'm sure you aren't scared at all.... aren't you??? Emery????"

Will didn't think it was a good idea to send her off alone. Not that she didn't deserve it, but it still didn't seem right.

"Well, whatever we decide, I'm going. I'm alright now. The Nox isn't as bad in here." A few others stepped up too.

21. Exzalia

the first puzzle

Tess felt all warm and tingley to have River stand beside him, he blushed thinking about there honeymoon. But then scolded him self, "Idiot this is not the time for morally questionable fantasies" he thought.

Tess marched down to the end of the hall and tried to open the door, it was sealed with some magic aura that was immune to thier magic. How did Vashal get in?

Tess looked at a large cross on the door, that was the clue, "The door is sealed! I think this cross has something to do with it. Any ideas?"

22. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Lebry's hand was extended towards her....

Well, whatever we decide, I'm going. I'm alright now. The Nox isn't as bad in here." A few others stepped up too.

During the others frantic conversation, Emery had been doing what she did best. Weaving. The Charon eather had been tempting her this whole trip and finally she had the chance to give in.

Emery's face twisted into a smile as she faced Lebry, a glowing ball of eather hovering in the palm of her hand. She'd have to concentrate on upholding the weave, and not let the Nox in the air weigh it down.

"I don't need your stupid firework Lebry. But, many thanks for the compliment. I'm happy someone sees me as their superior." she gave a triumphant smirk, before turning to Will.

Her eyes looked like pools of blood, as she locked eyes with him. "Well, well, I didn't see that coming from you Will. Be careful though, you could get burned." With that, Emery loosened her hold on her weave, letting the embers toss into the air.

23. Love to Write

River Hoya

"The door is sealed! I think this cross has something to do with it. Any ideas?" Tess called out.

"A cross spell?" River offered. "Maybe we have to cross or combine two spells or elements together."

24. lixAxil

Challenging the Door

Lebry ignored the others and focused into the big cross on the door once Tess called them. The door was at least nice for a castle, in real the whole castle was a pretty comfortable place to live, made he wonder if someone lived here on the deep part of the castle.

Returning to the cross, Lebry inmersed himself into deep thought and after a few minutes he asked.

"There exists several alignments for the spells casted with Eather no?, we got Nox, Charon, Althea, Adra, etc.
    So.... what if this cross is just representing the alignment with certain type of Eather, telling us to use that Eather to open the door?"

"What do you think guys?"

25. Pheonix

Will

"The door is sealed! I think this cross has something to do with it. Any ideas?"

He stepped up and looked at the engraving on the door. Ideas were being tossed around. "What if it's an arrow?" He started looking at the door frame, examining the spot the cross pointed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.