Tale of Exzalia, well of darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Emery groaned in annoyance, no one had payed any attention to her!

Her classmates were hovered over a cross type structure in the wall of the door. Emery went over to it, examining it from all angles.

"I think you all are thinking too hard. Just blast it already! Are you all fearful?" Emery's fingertips tingled with the eather, waiting for another moment to weave.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Defeating the cross, a blast of pure light

Uuuum..... guys?......
    No one listened to him, well all of them were inmersed into their own personal thoughts.

"Whatever, I'll try it", murmured Lebry.

A cross huh? in some legends or perhaps myths, the cross is a religious symbol, it has a holy connotation; inside our culture, it's socially accepted the Althea as a sacred symbol, as it's the natural opposite of the Nox that inspire fears on hearts.... So if this door has a cross on it.... then we.....

"Don't hate me if all goes wrong after this!!!" exclaimed Lebry surprising all the crew

"The stars high on the sky, bestow me the sacred wings to purify my enemies, to purify my own fear!!!!"

Then regardless the fact that the sky wasn't visible to them due to the ceiling, on this one a light started to shone and then it was fired against Lebry who now was surrounded by an strong bright that illuminated all. Once this light dissapeared, there were to projections of light emerging from Lebry's back, as if it were wings, and indeed it seemed like that, as Lebry raised a little bit from the floor.

However the wings didn't lasted too much time, as it started to torn into pieces, and every piece resembled a pure white feather of light, and every feather was fired against the cross on the door, it was as if Lebry were to have to machineguns of light coming from his wings. After several shots the wings completely dissapeared, and the result?....

The path was now open for them....

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

first dungeon castle of Nox/ shadow mage 1,2,3

The door opened only the bravest of the group peeked inside, what they saw left them breathless. Althea mages, at least a hundred of them lay dead, the bodies of other mages also lay strewn those mages wore black. "Shadow mages." Tess said gasping.

They looked up ahead of them in the middle of a large chamber they saw Vashal, their teacher. She was weaving frantically three shadow mages danced around her weaving as well. She was fighting all three of them! One cast shadow slash Vashal evaded the blow, then casting a barrier spell, she blocked an attack from behind. The barrier spell absorbed the attack and healed her. Spinning she struck the mage with her staff before casting Light arrows at the third who was closing in quickly. Ten arrows made of light fired at the shadow mage skewering him, blood and entails flew every which way. But then he disappeared!

Vashal, whirled around that wasn't actually him that was a decoy! The real him was, above her! He swung a large sycthe that all of them wielded, Vashal blocked the strike while weaving she was about to cast a spell when she saw her students had gotten in.

"Run! get to the wind seer, you can't fight these mages!" In that moment of distraction a the third shadow mage cast shadow slash at her again, she twisted as the attack grazed her body spilling blood. The second Mage taking this opportunity blasted her with soul storm, black screaming heads swarmed around her sending her flying across the arena and smashing into a wall, where she lay motionless.

The three mages were hooded, one could not see their face, they turned to face the students "better do what your teacher says." They chuckled.

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

Feathers brushed against her pale cheek. Her eyes looked down her arrow at the three shadow mages. The body of their precious teacher lay motionless on the far wall, right next to them.
    "Tess." River said quietly. "If I can get my healing amulet on Vashel...it will preserve her life until we can get her a healer. Can you guard me?"

5. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

His sword was out of the sheath instantly. And with the other hand he was weaving Flash Spear. He hurled into the midst of the shadow mages casting blinding light through the whole room. He then immediately started weaving Imbune, with the intention of casting it on Vashal, she looked like she needed some help.

"Tess." River said quietly. "If I can get my healing amulet on Vashel...it will preserve her life until we can get her a healer. Can you guard me?"

"I'll help to." Will said.

6. Exzalia

The shadow mages Attack! Mage 1 of them casts soul storm at blinding speed. Screaming heads shoot up in the air!
    Mage 2 casts shadow slash at william!
    Mage 3 charges forward and weaves illusion, he splits into three and strike for River!

7. lixAxil

Defensive tactic

Lebry didn't doubt it, they'll had to cooperate to fulfill both tasks, either defeat or escape the mages, and restore Miss Vashal, of course the situation was something that impacted him, yet he managed to maintain his composture.

Then he closed his eyes and said.

"Night that protects us via hiding the reality from us, give us the power to hide us from the danger."

And then a sudden darkness covered him, the others and Miss Vashal, it was a Nox type spell that covered the reality with a pitch black darkness, it had two effects, the first one, was able to conceal the presence of he and his allies, the second one, was able to project false images of them into the reality of their foes. So this time for the shadow mages, there wasn't one Lebry, or one Will, or one Tess. There were multiple Lebrys, Wills, Tess and the others.

"Hum, let's see if you can target the real ones bitches!!!"

8. Love to Write

River Hoya Expertise: 0 Health: 100%

River release her arrow instinctivly then cast Earthen Wall. A barrier of dirt, stone and other earthen materials flew up sheilding her from the mage's attack. She rolled forward in the direction of Vashel; trusting that Will and Tess had her back. By the time she was on her feet she had another arrow notched in her bow.

9. Pheonix

Will

Will ducked beneath River's earthen wall, dodging the screaming heads, then swung the Light charged edge of his sword at the nearest mage. It vanished in a puff of smoke. Decoy! He cast Imbune on himself, immediately feeling the weight of the dark lift off him a little.

He swung at another Mage that was going after River, his blade leaving a white streak behind anywhere it went.

10. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Luckily, Emery had been one of the many next to Lebry when he cast his Nox spell. Now having an advantage over the shadow mages, no matter how small, she took a chance. Casting a Fire Bomb she weaved one quickly. The only downfall was that the flaming eather illuminated her appearance in the darkness. But, she reached through through the dark and the bomb left her hand before the mages could attack. She had a deep hatred for River, but Emery didn't want the elf to feel any pain that was not inflicted by her.

"Now, this is my kind of fight!" Emery yelled, as she finished weaving another bomb.

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Zothecula, Berzerk

Zothecula was thrilled when the door riddle was solved and Ms Vashal was reveal fighting the shadow mages. Sure, he was frightened for Vashal's life, but this was what he was waiting for--a moment to prove himself! He was also glad someone else had solved the door puzzle, he had figured it out immediately but didn't want to speak in front of others, especially such a large group. But now his social awkwardness was cast off like a second skin and he was in his element. The element Nox, that is.

With a flourish of his wispy robe, Zothecula surged into the chamber with the three shadow mages. Several other brave students had begun the attack, lobbing their spells at the fiends. Zoth joined the fray and cast Psychic Vampire on the mage who had summoned the screaming heads. Red orbs drained from the shadow mage and were absorbed into Zoth's aura, strengthening his own powers. Two black pits replaced Zoth's eyes and a midngiht halo surrounded his head--he looked pretty fearsome. Then Zoth began weaving Rasp, a wind attack, to finish off the mage, hoping he wouldn't get attacked while he worked...

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Varem

"Tess." River said quietly. "If I can get my healing amulet on Vashel...it will preserve her life until we can get her a healer. Can you guard me?" River said before firing an arrow towards the shadow mages. Will followed as they both moved forwards, Will bringing his sword out and striking a decoy. Varem hung back for a moment. Dropping to all fours he cast Cat form. His body glowed momentarily befor stretching. In a couple of seconds he had become a large bronze cat. As Lebry cast a darkness spell Varem skulked off into the shadows. The others seemed to have the mages attention so he headed for Vashal.

She was still motion less when Varem reached her. Pushing his head under her arms he slowly pushed her onto his back.

She's lighter than she looks.

With Vashal and his back he headed back towards River, his nose guiding him through the dark. She was a short distance away, arrows still notched.

"I have Vashal. Get on my back and put your amulet on her, we need to leave. I can heal but not in this form.""

13. Exzalia

shadow mages retaliate! (New mechanic coming up!)

Shadow mage3 blocks the strike Will had thrown towards him with a long bladed scythe. An arrow whizzed by aiming for Shadow mage 2, the arrow hit it's mark sinking deep into his thigh!

Zothecula casts a draining spell on shadow mage1 it hit its mark! Draining the mage of some power.

Emery Casts fire bombs which fly forward, but there bright flames give them away in the pitch black and the shadow mages manage to dogde.

They jump back regrouping, the all of them weave illusion! Two more of each mage appear, now it looks like there are 9 of them! They all appear to be weaving a powerful spell.

"But which are real?" Tess cursed.

14. Exzalia

ignore

15. Pheonix

Will

He recoiled from the blocked swing and moved to cover River, Varem and Vashal.

"But which are real?" Tess cursed.

"Anyone have an area spell?" He asked, then weaved another Flash Spear and hurled it, hoping the light would stun the mages, maybe even dispel the Nox they used to create their decoys. He wasn't sure though, he'd never had to fight Nox users before. The light from the Flash Spear flared across the room, lighting up every corner.

16. lixAxil

Offensive tactic

A bright shone again, and a pilar of light bathered Lebry. He was again wearing the two wings of light, however instead of firing the feathers like bullets that opened the cross door. Lebry used the wings to gain impulse and charge against one of the mages, this while wielding his blade ready to pierce his opponent right into the heart.

It was a marvelous and beautiful flash of light that traveled through the room, illuminating the castle's walls, perhaps if it weren't due to the blood that was covering the floor, the sight would had been even more beautiful.

And together with the flash, there was a sound, similar to an spark and fire at the same time, but also a bit more dry than both.

He now had to hope that the mage he aimed was a real one, and not a decoy, if it were to be one.... then he would be defenseless.
    Perhaps he tooks too many risks... He should had used "The End" yet he really don't like to risk himself to do it, if there are other posibilities

17. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Carys

While the other students fought, Carys was hidden in a corner of the room, vomiting violently. So much death! These poor mages, and all of those families now missing their parents, siblings, children. And the tortured looks on their faces, the stench of death and eather.... "this is not what I signed up for" Carys thought bitterly.

Her fellow students were casting some nice-looking spells though; Carys couldn't help but be impressed. Eventually she managed to get to her feet and, after instinctively dusting down her robe, she surveyed the scene to see how she could help.

Before her eyes, the mages multiplied - Carys made a mental note to learn that spell if she got out of this thing alive. Then, with her eyes flickering crimson and gold, she held her palm out towards a random Mage, and lit up the room with Conflagration, her only multi-victim spell. A small grin played on her lips; perhaps this was going to be more fun than she thought.

18. Exzalia

The massive miss weave!

Two of the mages get struck while weaveing very complex part of their spell, the first mage was struck before things got started and his spell does nothing.

the misweave explodes! Drak eather is whiped everywhere! It happens too fast for the students to react blasting them all with amazing force throwing them mercilessly into the castle walls! Miss Vashal is sent flying from the blast, bodies scatter everywhere! Pure chaos insues as another misweaved spell goes off doing the exact same thing!

Suddenly their advantage comes back to bite them as Nox heavily damages their bodies!

The shadow mage 3 gets his life force destroyed from the misweaved spell leaving only two.

19. lixAxil

Healing tactic

And then a blast.......
    A blast coming from the mages itself, as one of the spells had failed due to all the interference.
    A massive flow of Drake Eather pushed with force and also heavily slashed the body of Lebry who was crushed against the wall, his body covered with heavy wounds that were visible due to his now torn clothes, blood was falling from his body, the amount of blood he was losing was slowly becoming too much; due to that he was barely even able to move; also blood started to flow from his mouth like a massive waterfall.

Lebry still didn't surrender though, it was obvious, he was practically on the border of death, to surrender was the foolish alternative on this situation.
    He lazily raised one arm, that was completly bloody, he barely could... the pain was hard to bear; he draw an invisible sign on the air while murmuring

"Life... bestow me your divine grace..."

Then it happened, his eyes started to glow and spell Althea eather, also his mouth and ears, and all his wounds. The spell Lebry casted was a healing spell that slowly closed some of his wounds and allowed him to recover a bit of lost blood; yet his eather wasn't enough to heal all his allies, but only himself. Still he stood up.... barely, it seems that the impact also crushed some bones of his body that were slowly being recovered due to the Althea spell. He still did an effort to stand up, and the Althea spell helped him to, at least the pain was gone thanks to the spell.

Althea healing spell: Recovers 50% of life, plus healing of ailments

20. Pheonix

Will

He was thrown heavily against the wall, he saw it coming and tried to get dark bubble up, but wasn't fast enough. He felt a sharp pain in his back where a jagged edge had lacerated his back, and he was pretty sure he had a cracked rib. He pushed himself up, his breathing heavy, vision swimming. He still had his sword though. He took stock of his abilities, imbune and dark bubble were useless now, and he didn't think he had the strength to fire dark lightning. Flash spear might work, but he had no follow through.

"Is everyone still alive?" He called. He looked to the shadow mages. One of them had literally exploded. The other two were in bad shape, bleeding and burned with Nox. He tried to weave, but it took alot from him. He started flash spear but in his weakened condition, it was going to take a minute before he could throw it.

On the other side, Lebry was glowing, healing himself most likely, and the remaining shadow mages were stirring on the floor.

21. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Kithri

kithri had been waiting by the wind seer. she had been running to catch up and now stood in the door way surveying the scene. there were blood everywhere, moans could be heard from the countless wounded. Kithri took a deep breath and entered her serious mode.

"hey everyone listen up! i`m gonna do my healing spell to help you all, it will take some time so i`ll need some protection." she took another deep breath and started weaving her adept spell Mending light

22. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Carys

Well that was unexpected.... Carys had been blasted against a wall by the explosion, and now lay in a crumpled heap on the floor.

She couldn't stand, but once she'd managed to open her eyes she could just about lift her arm high enough to cast a spell - Nurture, her healing spell, of course. Except, Carys had always been a little lazy in her studies of Gaia eather so she accidentally cast Swarm, causing a missile-shaped swarm of tiny, confusion-inducing insects to be sent buzzing towards one of the remaining shadow mages.

"Oh, well" Carys murmured, and hearing Will call out she managed a weak wave before closing her eyes again.

23. Exzalia

Shadow Mages/ Boss level spell. 10% health

The two shadow mages stagger to their feet. They recovered faster than the rookie mages that were flung half across the giant hall. One of them evades a half weaved swarm spell, the other noticeses all the healing that is happening and acts quickly weaving a massive field effect called deny life All healing spells would now only heal half what they are supposed to. It should come as no surprise these shadow mages had anti Althea magic.

But the other shadow mage was doing something worse! While their foes lay struggling he weaves call of the dead. and all one hundred undead mages begin to... slowly rise to their feet.

Tess gets up from his throw just in time to see a multitude of undead rise to their feet. "We have to kill them now or we will be over whelmed!" Tess yelled.

24. Love to Write

River Hoya Experties: 0 Health: 45% increased to 65% by fellow healer and 5% more by healing amulet

River stood slowly. "We have to kill them now or we will be over whelmed!" Tess yelled.
    "Cover me!" She whispered harshly to a fellow student.
    She concealed herself behind a piller and began weaving Dirt Barrage. It would take several seconds but if she managed to cast it fully...the mages would no doubt be killed.

25. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Kithri, healing at half power (15% healing to you all)

Kithri finally completed her spell and sent the Althea eather flying out to heal her friends. but her mood goes even darker when half of the effect is consumed by a nox spell from one of the shadow mages. To Kithri`s great relief her spell isn`t fully stopped, so she still manages to heal some wounds.
    the effort makes her stumble a step back.

suddenly Tess yelles We have to kill them now or we will be over whelmed!

her breath catches in her throat as she hears a scraping sound behind her. she slowly turns and is immediately regretting it. right before her very eyes she can see the dead Althea mages stagger back to their feet.

"this is bad" she mutters. "this is really bad!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.