Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

Another Scorch stood at the bow, tapping his head at multiple people. Why, that's offensive. Sauntering up, Crumpet placed a solid punch on his right shoulder before extending his hand towards him. Unlike the other Scorch, Crumpet had manners. "Crumpet K'Latsch, from the Sor'Charr tribe. Who are you and from where do you hail?" Then, as an afterthough, "And why in the name of Aardvark do you command a sea vessel?"

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Lebry was inside the ship, when he noticed that one of the barrels started to shake. With curiosity he went to check it, perhaps it was just the movement of the ship though, what he found however was different.

He went outside the inner part of the ship while forcibly carrying a girl who screamed, "Hey, let go of me..!!!"

Stood in front of the rest and screamed

"HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE STOWAWAYS ALLOWED??"

The girl was Alba, the same that helped Pyria while running from the guards.

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

River had found a corner to sit in and was desperatly not trying to throw up everywhere. The laughing merfolk hadn't helped. One could even say her cheeks were starting to look a little greenish. Not merc at all, River. Not merc at all. River's spirit lightened slightly at the thought of her daughter and her strange way of speaking at times. She hadn't been happier then the day she had decided to adopt Pyria. The little dark skinned redhead was such a strange sight that no one else wanted her but she knew Pyria was special and that she would one day do something incredible. River thought back on all the fun they had had. Taking Pyria on her first ride on wind seer, teaching her archery and how to use her abilties...even though she had no experience with fire. Half her hair had gotten singed off the first day Pyria threw a fire ball. That hadn't been fun. She had been the only elf in Damiruu, with short hair for the longest time.

The boat rocked violently again and River grabbed onto a wooden support beside her. Not that it would do any good considering she was already sitting down, but it was comforting to have something in her hand. She glanced at Eris and found a small amount of satisfaction in the fact that she looked just as sick as she felt. William, strangely enough, rushed over. "Hey, are you ok? My name's William by the way. Have we ever met?"
    River swallowed down her nausea and smiled lightly. "Yes. Just a bit sea sick I'm afraid." River took a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm River. We...we were classmates when we went after the well of darkness. You..." She laughed softly, "You were determined to protect me from the nox users around us."

Another wave of nausea, River stopped smiling and concentrated on not hurling all over William. That would make a good 2nd or is it 1st impression. Poor guy. I can't imagine having all my memories erased like that. When the nausea finally passed she looked back up at William. "You still have the Well that the orgin tree gave you?"

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

Will shook Rellix rocky hand.

"Nice to meet you, Will. My name is Rellix, and yes, there is plenty of room for your Chimaera. But please keep it either above deck or in your sleeping quarters, the holds are filled with various objects of either fragile or . . . edibal nature, so I would prefer if you kept it away from there."

"Alright captain. Thank you. Good to meet you as well."

"Crumpet K'Latsch, from the Sor'Charr tribe. Who are you and from where do you hail?" Then, as an afterthough, "And why in the name of Aardvark do you command a sea vessel?"

When Crumpet walked up, Will couldn't resist. "Hey Crumpet, just remember, If you get sea sick, Ginger Tea... Tea Crumpets... Tea..." He said and walked away in search of a place to put his things, laughing as he went.

5. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

The wind tousled her bright red locks as she took a deep breath of the fresh lake air. She'd been on a boat plenty of times when her father traveled the mainland. On their island, boats were the fastest form of transportation and they were able to light the way with charon during rough storms.

She looked down at the sealife playing below and for the first time in ages, she actually felt free. Free of the worries; free of the heavy weight of providing for Pip all alone. Now she was in the midst of others towards a common goal, and at that moment it just felt right, destined to be.

Emery cast a glance in the direction of the others catering to River who hadn't lost her landlegs yet. She remembered the first time she had stepped foot on a boat...she'd been sick for days.

"Tea? Where is the tea?" Miss Apple looked the color of a granny smith. And, the woman's voice held a desperate tone that she hadn't heard before.

Emery decided to approach her. "First day on the job not so great, huh? Anyway, forget tea. It helps if you allow the sickness to get out of your system. It is much better than trying not to and a lot less work." She held back a laugh, while extending her small hand. "My name is Emery by the way."

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Eris

"My name is Emery by the way."

"Hold on a sec", Eris said politely. Then she rounded on Will and gasped, "Did you just...ignore...me?" She was nearly doubled over now, her sickness was building. She had half a mind to upchuck all over Will's shoes--but she was too classy for that. But she wasn't too classy to se her apple--she gave it a little expert toss and it glowed briefly. Suddenly a wave hit the side of the boat and seaspray blew in Will's face. Eris smirked with satisfaction. There was also some girl screaming, "HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE COPPERS ALLOWED??", but Eris did not feel like hexing the whole boat crew, so she let that one slip.

Eris took a dreep, calming breath and turned back to Emery. "Hello, child", she said. "You're the first person to introduce yourself to me. As you can see, my appearance is rather threatening." She tried to give a swarthy smile but ended up saying "Ow" and rubbing her upset tummy.

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

nothing for now.

8. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

the mist, and a stow away

They had been traveling for hours, the sun was shining, the coral fish were singing an River and Elsi were still dying. But then the weather changed dramatically, mist. Mist as thick as brick suddenly blew over them. Relix frowned, such a weather change was not natural. They continued on like this for another two hours when suddenly they heard singing. The song was of unspeakable beauty.

"Sirens? no...there are no sirens in this lake, their kind are only in the oceans. Then where?" Relix grew tense. Suddenly a snarl! It was Rose, she was growling at something below deck. Will went down to see what was bugging her, she was snarling and baring her fangs at a direction but all Will saw was barrels.

"hold on guys." Will said drawing his blade. He walked to the barrel, and opened it his sword ready to strike down whatever was hiding in there.

He nearly impaled the person but jerked his blade to the side when he saw who it was only cutting some hair

It was Pyria.

"....shhhh I'm not real, and your dreaming." and with that she dragged the cover back on.

9. Pheonix

Will

"....shhhh I'm not real, and your dreaming." and with that she dragged the cover back on.

"And I'm a wild Chimera tamer... wait, I actually am... You know what I mean." He said as he pulled the barrel lid off again. Will couldn't possibly imagine what River was going to say. "C'mon missy, how long did you really think you could stay in that barrel?" He was really dreading having to be the one to tell River. "Trust me, by the time River is done with you, I'm pretty sure you're gonna wish it was all just a dream."

10. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William (Level: 5|Expertise: 0|Shield: 100%)

Yes. Just a bit sea sick I'm afraid." River took a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm River. We...we were classmates when we went after the well of darkness. You..." She laughed softly, "You were determined to protect me from the nox users around us.

"So, you were another one I cared about?" William couldn't imagine trying to defend anyone besides Avani and Tess. "And what's this about Nox-

"-oh. Was that part of my insanity?" He turned to the inside cover of his journal. The top read:

INSANITY SYMPT.

Below it was a list, written by Avani; she wrote it for William upon request. It always made his heart sink a bit when he read it. He was ashamed of how he had acted. And sure enough, the behavior River described was on it.

"It is. I'm sorry." It was difficult to tell if William was speaking to River or himself.

"... well, I'll add you to my journal right no-" he was interrupted by a sudden shout of HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE COPPERS ALLOWED??

11. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

As Barfy imbued the girl with words of wisdom, Crumpet strode to the barrel, slung the girl over his shoulder, proceeded up to the deck and screamed "HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE STOWAWAYS ALLOWED??"

12. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rellix

A jolt of pain shot down Rellix's arm as a fellow Scorch punched him in the shoulder.

"Crumpet K'Latsch, from the Sor'Charr tribe. Who are you and from where do you hail? And why in the name of Aardvark do you command a sea vessel?"

Rellix gave a hearty chuckle when he heard where Crumpet was from. Deciding that this fellow was quite agreeable, Rellix introduced himself again.

"My name is Rellix Baise, and I hail from the Nu'Vemnar tribe. Pardon me if you found my greetings offensive, perhaps this might be a little more appropriate?"

Rellix punched Crumpet back before shaking the Scorch's hand.

"It's a joy to have another Scorch Fiend aboard even if we have slight, ah, cultural differences. Now as for where I got this ship, it was a gift that I received from a Merclan who was nearly frozen to death. A quick spell, and I freed him. The poor fool had travelled a little too far north, into colder waters, unprepared. Well he wouldn't shut up about it for a while, saying that he owed me his life, so as a joke, I said that if he could get me a boat that could survive ferrying an army of my kind across the ocean, then we'd be even. About a week later, this showed up and he disappeared. I figured that I might as well learn to sail her, afterall, why look a gift horse - or fish - in the mouth."

Rellix paused as somebody called for him.

"HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE COPPERS ALLOWED??"

"Yes!" he called back, "So long as they don't eat or destroy any cargo!"

Rellix frowned as a mist began to form.

"That can't be right . . ." He muttered.

As a song began to drift through the air, he tensed.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    "HEEEEEY CAPTAIN!!! ARE STOWAWAYS ALLOWED??"

"You, sir!", Eris cried. Her face was like thunder. "Put--that--female--down!" Her sudden anger had given her strength enough to combat her seasickness. Eris of the Golden Apple had a soft spot for female rights, and she had seen enough of this crap in her time--men abusing women. She didn't know Crumpet, or if he was intending to insult women, but she was not about to let him get away with it.

Eris stood in front of Crumpet and glared him down. "You heard me", she said in a hard voice.

14. Exzalia

"Hey you big oaf! Put me down!" Pyria demanded, but Crummpet just continued. Will shook his head, but he noticed Rose was still growling at something. Was it a rat?

As Crummpet was carrying Pyria, and as Will turned to leave, something leapt for him. a shadow that seemed to materialize out of the darkness behind the barrels. Before the others could react several other leapt onto the ship, "Mer folk raiders!" some one called from above. fast and sleak, wielding deadly poison they attacked, all 10 of them! each striking at a different person!

The mist, was there doing. this was a trap. but a trap laid by who?

15. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Crumpet

Eris stood in front of Crumpet and glared him down. "You heard me", she said in a hard voice.

Crumpet glanced momentarily at the angry elf woman-- man these people are getting hard to keep track of-- before dismissing her with a "Shush you, I'm trying to deal with a stowaway." Suddenly, Merfolk sprang from the waters onto the ship, attacking in all directions. As one lunged for Crumpet, he dodged around their charge, grabbed them by the leg, and threw them off the ship. "Annnd off you go."

16. Pheonix

Will

All of a sudden there was a merfolk coming at him with a trident. He sidestepped and slashed with his sword at the Mer's back. It was a fraction to quick though.

"Rose! Attack!" He pointed at the Mer and Rose lunged, rocking the ship. She missed by a hair. This thing was fast. Will started weaving flashspear but stopped half way through, letting the Althea in his hand go off with a flash, then closed with his sword. He feinted on way, then swung another, his strikes fast as lightning. He's been good fifteen years ago, but that was like swinging a hammer to how he fought now.

17. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rellix

Rellix snarled as a merfolk leapt at him.

"GET THE HELL OFF OF MY SHIP!" he roared, slamming a granite war-hammer into the head of the assailant, sending it flying back into the water.

He grimaced as the merfolk simply leapt back onto the deck and assaulted him again.

"Fine, then," he hissed through his teeth as smoke began to pour from his nostrils, "You can like shush kabob all you want, but personally~"
    Rellix opened his mouth and shot a gout of flame as the merfolk lunged at him, its spear outstretched. It flinched and leapt backward, only barely dodging Rellix's fire breath. "I prefer flambé," he finished with a grin as he began to advance.

18. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

"Hey you big oaf! Put me down!"

I know that voice...but its not possible. I left her at home. River got to her feet. Low and behold...there was Pyria, on the shoulder of Crumpet. "Pyria? What in the..."
    "Mer folk raiders!" Someone yelled. River forgot all about her seasickness and drew her dagger. She cast wind barrage and tossed it at the Merfolk closest to Pyria. Now is no time to let a little boat rock make you sick. Pyria needs you. No one is gonna hurt my kid...even if she did put herself in harm's way. You are so getting grounded, Pyria.

19. JessWrite

Emery Rose

"Merfolk raiders!"

Her peaceful moment had ended...the fun had begun. She darted over to Pip to stand in front of her and shouted for her to find an opening to run when possible. With the enemy being merfolk, she decided to skip trying to attack with charon. She instead pulled water from the lake to cast her merc whipping water spell.

The water rushed over her fingertips as she allowed it to gain momentum. As one of the raiders got too close for comfort, she released her whip, hoping to send the raider flying. But, he must've seen it coming and dodged her spell. The vast amount of water she had used landed on the ship's deck with a loud splash, spraying water in several directions.

"Oh how wonderful..." Emery groaned.

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Eris of the Golden Apple, Pissed Off

"Shoo?", Eris seethed. She coudln't believe the audacity of this guy! "Shoo!? Do you know who I--"

But she was interupted by the emergence of the merfolk who promptly raided the ship. One of them lunged at Will, but he dealt with her quite easily. Eris took his moment of distraction to jab a nerve cluster on Crumpet's shoulder and freeing the stowaway--who Eris now realised was the Pyria chick from earlier. Eris helped Pyria up and said to Crumpet, "DO NOT speak to me that way again, or their will be a reckoning." Her bright gold-flecked green eyes were dark with forboding. She then marched toward the ship's rail to take out her anger.

At that moment a merfolk jettisoned from the water and sailed through the air toward the deck. Eris screamed, "Yayayaya!", and used her power of Agility. She leapt into the air and, while she hovered in the air, punched the merc three times then spin-kicked her back into the water. Eris landed expertly and blew her knuckles.

"Who's next!?", Eris said angrily.

21. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rellix

Rellix dodged to the right as the merfolk thrusted its spear at him. He gripped his hammer tightly as he concentrated.

"So I heard that you like mudskippers," he growled at his foe, "Cool story, bro."

A surge of Charon flowed from the war-hammer into Rellix. He wove it into the merfolk's spear, casting Overheat. The merfolk panicked, dropping its spear as it became to hot to handle, leaving it defenseless.

"Come 'ere, you!" Rellix snarled.

He grabbed the merfolk by the face and smashed its head into the rail, before tossing it overboard.

"Well he's going to wake up with a dreadful migraine, tomorrow morning," Rellix chuckled.

22. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Kithri Silverbow

Kithri had been flying around the mast when the merfolk attacked. Seeing the captain fight with charon on a wooden boat, she flew down to help him. Flying low she weaved right on mark on her arrow before sending it flying towards an approaching merfolk.

"Captain! are you sure you wont burn your ship with that charon?"

She notched another arrow while looking for her next target.

"don't worry, i got your back."

23. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rellix - No Love for Birds

Rellix grinned in satisfaction at the outcome of his little skirmish, these raiders didn't seem at all that experienced. He was more than ready to fight another, when a feather slowly drifted into his vision.

"What in the Great Blazes?" He asked, snatching the feather out of the air. He examined it for a second, trying to figure out where it came from, but the distinctive twang of an arrow being shot from above him was all the identification that he needed.

" . . . Airmid," be hissed, smoke leaking out of his nostrils.

"Captain! are you sure you wont burn your ship with that charon?"

Rellix glared daggers at the winged humanoid, such a thing shouldn't be on his ship. Had it been flying across the sea when it found the raid and decided to bag a free lunch, or maybe the thing was an aerial part of the raider's force, but then why would it kill a merfolk? It was then that he realized that that . . . THING . . . was one of his passengers, though a better term for its filthy kind would be cargo, but even that was better than they deserved.

"don't worry, i got your back."

Rellix menacingly gripped his hammer and glared at the Airmid.

"Go away, you useless, flying rat," he growled, "Go find someone else to annoy!"

To emphasize his point, he swung his war-hammer at Kithri to try to scare her off. However, it instead created a sort of comedic effect, since he wasn't even close to being able to reach her.

24. JessWrite

Emery Rose

Emery shivered as a gust of wind flew past her. She had many destructive spells of charon, but most would only cause damage to their vessel instead of to the enemy. She decided to try her hand at weaving a firebomb anyway and avoid dropping them on the ship.

While spinning her weave, a loud and gruff voice reached her ears. "Go away, you useless, flying rat. Go find someone else to annoy!"

Emery turned to find the captain trying to intimidate Kithri, gasping as she saw the man swing his hammer towards her. She didn't tolerate bullies of any kind, especially when the abuse was to airmids of all creatures.

"Excuse me, but I expect she would be quite useful in this instance, sir. You should be thankful for any assistance whatsoever, since at this rate, your ship may not be yours for long."

Her weave now complete, she cast her firebomb expertly towards one of the merfolk's faces, sparks flying. Her crimson eyes glowed venomously as she looked back to the captain. "And, sir, the only rat I see here is you. You'd do well not to judge one based on their kind." She made sure to keep a steady eye on Pip while she began another weave.

25. Exzalia

The merfolk raiders seemed to have met there match, but they fought back with much fever. Several began weaving spells. Relix attacked with his hammer charging one merfolk raider, thjer raider cast frost cloak freezing the hammer solid in Relixes hand. The mer now could easily evade the now heavy hammer.

Emery spells began being countered by Merc magic with is notorious for it's ability to disrupt other weaves. Other mers who were thrown over board jumped out the water back on the boat weaving powerful merc spells like hydro whirl which whipped powerful eather into a frenzy trying to toss the land dwellers into the water were they would surely lose.

These raiders were not to be underestimated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.