Tales of Exzalia, death of magic.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exzalia, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

River stumbled as the merfolk she was fighting got in a lucky kick. Blasted ship! I can't keep my balance. Pyria was huddeled in a corner weaving a fire attack. River managed to get to her side and just as Pyria released her weave, River combined it with a wind weave doubling it's strength and increasing it's blast radius. The merfolk screamed as the fire hit her and she jumped back into the lake.

"Oooh you just got weaved!" Pyria said teasingly, using more of that new generation slang. She seemed to beam with the excitement of actually battling something, she was enjoying it perhaps a little too much.

Another mer leapt onto the deck, Pyria attempted to cast dancing flames, her spell was countered by the enemies dilute spell, he then charged her unleashing his venom soaked blade. River moved to intercept but Pyria showing an unusual amount of battle prowess for her age quickly cast whirl shield.

Merc spun around her at incredible speeds, the mers blade was ripped out of his hand by the eather as he lunged for her, He tried to stop so he wouldn't crash into her whirl shield spell, but then Pyria controlling the eather with skill, turned her purely defensive spell into an offensive one! She launch whirl shield at the mer, it stuck spinning the creature several times a second, before launching him across the boat.

Pyria then followed up with a quick fire bolt, which contacted the mers face upon him staggering to his feet. He flipped over into the water with a boom and a splash!

"Weaved again! Whoo!"
    River stood there blinking, when...did Pyria become so good at fighting? and how?

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

River Hoya

River both was proud and confused by Pyria's sudden prowress. Her abilities were incredible, as River had always known, but she seemed so show an instinctual ability when it came to weaving. She fought quicker than River ever could at her age. Her attentions were turned away from Pyria as the ship let out a loud groan. The intense battle of weaves was going to rip the ship apart if they didn't stop soon. She couldn't use her bow...she didn't have enough balance and the merc's were moving to fast. Fire was dangerous as they were on a wooden vessel, Adra was causing the ship to groan like a wounded animal, Merc spells were the Merfolks speciality and only succeeded in making the deck slippery. That left two options; Althea and Nox.

River's memory went back to their battle with Magnolia 15 years ago. She had used a Nox spell of sort. She'd spent these last 15 years trying to convince herself it had been the Well of Darkness' influence but something in River's gut told her that she wasn't fully Elf. That she still had that ability, to summon Nox, in her somewhere. She just had to figure out how to use it, before the ship fell apart.

3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Eris of the Golden Apple, Nature

Eris recoiled from a hydro whirl that stormed past her. A Merc had flopped on deck and tried to throw her overboard. Eris used Agility once more and backflipped five times til she reached the ship mast. Then she climbed the wooden beam til she was above the fighting and began weaving her highest spell, Nature Enchancement. Her hands began to glow with a green aura as she gathered Gaia eather from thin air. The dead wood around her began to sprout green shoots and her gold-flecked green eyes reflected tiny meadows of wildfowers. If allowed to reach its height of power, Eris was sure she could use Nature Enchancement to defeat their fishy assailants--it was just a simple matter of waking up all this dead wood. Everything she needed was all around them.

As her spell reached fruition, Eris pressed her hands against the mast and prepared to work her green power...

4. Exzalia

One mer sensed Eris weaving a powerful spell. H cast dilute on her spell trying to counter it, Merc eather flowed into her weave diluting other eathers she was useing. But whether it countered the spell was not garenteed, for Eris was an experienced mage.

her spell was slowed down how ever, so another mer took this moment to attack her drawing a blade, waveing it in the air as it charged her.

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Eris, Green Power

"Oh no he di'in't!", Eris cried as her weave was diluted. And then a Mer with a blade somehow climbed the mast and was quickly approaching her. Eris simply used Agility once more and dodged his sword and shoved him off the mast. It was a narrow beam of wood and a Merc wasn't nearly as balanced as Eris, a Woodland Elf.

Eris centered herself to try to reweave her spell. As Gaia eather formed over her hands like emerald gauntlets, even more green shoots poked out of the long-dead mast and tiny flowers sprouted in Eris' eyes. The spell was almost complete.

6. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Steam

"Rellix Baise," the scorch fiend replied, extending his hand to shake Steam's, "It's a pleasure to have you aboard. Though, most people are dumbstruck to find a Scorch Fiend sailing, I must say that you're handling it quite well."

Rellix set his right hand on his left shoulder, a sign of respect, then continued to speak, "Now, if you don't mind me asking, what are you? You seem as much man as machine. Honestly, I'm impressed at the craftsmanship and design of your automated parts. Are they by any chance, steam powered?"

Steam chuckled returning the gesture.

"I stopped being supprised by things a long time ago, the fact my face is made of metal helps aswell. As for what I am? I'm not sure. I fit the definition for human - except for using magic - but I have yet to meet someone like myself. While Steam does play a part in powering me I'm not sure it's the only thing."

As Relix went to speak to Will Steam headed below deck to make some tea. He returned to the deck, tray in hand as a shadow appeared out of the mist followed quickly by others.

"Mer folk raiders!" Somebody shouted. Steam sighed, now the tea would go cold. He readied himself as one brandished a trident at him. It lunged, Steam grabbing the trident with one hand and balancing the tray on the other. Giving it a kick he snapped the trident's shaft and threw the head over board. The mer growled and drew a sword.

Now that's not fair. If I draw mine it might damage the ship.

The mer made to stab him, Steam's hand going to parry as the mer switched hands with the blade. Steam changed hands just as quicly, tray gliding over his head as the sword impaled his arm and he caught the mer in the face with a fist. It flew backwards across the deck before standing and laughing, in its hand was Steam's pistol. Before he could move it dived overboard. He cursed grabbing a rope tied the the rail and jumped after it. The mers face contorted as Steam sank threw the water like a bullet and straight into its back. Wrenching the pistol from it's slimey grip he pushed off and started climbing back out of the water.

As he pulled himself dripping on to the deck the mer made a final attempt on him. He turned and shot it, watching as its corpse splashed back into the water, then going to find his tea arm still impaled.

7. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

The Mer that had engaged him was fast, and had managed, barely, to get out of Will's reach. It immediately began weaving. He couldn't tell what and didn't care particularly. He shot two Arclights, on on each side of the Mer, knocking if back and forth between the explosions and finally into a barrel. It darted up, somehow still holding it's weave, but Will went in with his sword again, forcing the Mer to either let go of the weave, or it's head. It dodged aside just in time again, outpacing Will's speed by a fraction every time. Will again closed, feinted then smashed it in the face with his shield. It had a dagger out though and it swung at Will's neck, the tip just grazing his skin. Instantly he felt a burning sensation followed by numbness. He'd been poisoned. Rose, sensing his plight rumbled a warning behind him. His vision was beginning to swim and the Mer was closing in on him. But if he knew Rose, he needed to be out of the way, like now. He lunged out from between Rose and the Mer, and a moment later a blast of Flame consumed it, leaving Rose with smoke trailing from her nostrils, and the Mer trailing smoke from everywhere. It collapsed to the deck.

"Good job girl..." Will said as his vision faded out. He really hoped this was just a paralysis venom.

8. Love to Write

River Hoya

A blast of fire erupted in the corner of River's vision. She turned to see Rose burn a Merfolk to a crisp. Next to Rose, however, Will lay sprawled on the deck. He wasn't moving and another Merfolk was fast approaching, trident in hand. It was now or never. River let her urgency to save Will ignite the little Nox that she had in her. She cast Nox blast, sending the unsuscpecting merfolk and his weave crashing into the side of the ship. Rose finished the job with a single puff of flame in the mercfolk's face. River desperatly wanted to see how badly Will was hurt but she had to protect Pyria.
    Looking around the ship, she saw that there were only a few left. The group's combined effort would easily finish them off.

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Eris, Vengeance

Eris' spell was finally complete.

"My vengeance will be sweet...", she murmured as she plunged her hands into the wooden mast. The Gaia eather she had gathered spread through the ship and the wooden planks glowed with a sheen of green energy. The entire ship now glowed like a phantom vessel. Nature Enchancement let Eris manipulate plants--it would be harder with this dead wood, but not impossible. Now she just had to direct the wood to do her bidding. Eris was inspired by her impression of River earlier, A thorny hearted girl...

With a smirk, Eris directed the wood to grow spikes all along the rails. Razor thorns protruded from the sides, impaling Merc's that were attempting to climb over and preventing any more from doing the same. As for the ones that were already on deck, Eris trusted that her ship mates could handle those. With a weary sigh, Eris released the weave and the shiny green glow that covered the ship disapeared. She took a moment to catch her breath before using Agility to gracefully jump back down to the deck and rejoin the fight.

10. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Rellix

"Excuse me, but I expect she would be quite useful in this instance, sir. You should be thankful for any assistance whatsoever, since at this rate, your ship may not be yours for long. And, sir, the only rat I see here is you. You'd do well not to judge one based on their kind."

Rellix turned to face another raider as it approached him.

"Oh, and I suppose you know what you're talking about," he growled back at Emery as he charged the raider, "And I also don't suppose that I should play nicely with these vicious bandits. Not in the Hells, no, woman. These things failed twice to take my ship on the way over here, they're not taking it on the way back!"

Rellix grunted as the raider froze his war-hammer to his hand, increasing its weight and messing up the arc of his swing.

"And," he roared as his hammer began to release Charon, "Unless you're the mother of a damned Airmid, I don't see what your problem is."

With a quick weave, Rellix weaved the Charon, casting Fume on his hammer, which he hoped would not only melt the ice, but hurt pretty badly when he smashed it into the face of the next Merfolk who dared to cross him. Though, he hoped that it would do worse, much worse.

"Besides," he growled with a grin, "I'm no rat, unless you've seem a rat breathe fire."

He shot a gout of flame into the air as he gave a battle-roar, smashing his now blazing hammer into the chest of the merfolk who had dared to try to freeze him.

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"Kee! Bad-bad-bad!" Pip shrieked as she flew high into the sky to avoid the low-moving merfolk and other fighters.

"Scorch!" she keened and dive-bombed a raider, her body heating up to the point where she would burn flesh with just a touch. Shrieking wildly like a mad robin whose nest has been disturbed, she clawed and pecked savagely at the man with red-hot talons and buffeting wings.

12. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Avani Reed (Health: 100%) (Level 5)

Avani couldn't remember the last time she had been on a ship, or even this close to the water, for that matter. It called to her in a way she had long ago decided she hated. Water and air were such opposites. One was confining and the other was freeing. Air was endless, water had its boundaries. She blamed the fact that her parents had split up years ago on this fact. They were just too different, no matter how badly they wanted to stand out. Some things just didn't belong together.
    Which meant that now she felt like she was being torn in half. Hm, sounds familiar. It was almost as bad as the Nox pull had been fifteen years ago... The other Airmid was flying around too though, rather than sticking to the ship. Avani kept an eye on William, not sure how he would handle the whole water thing. He seemed to be fine though, almost like he was making friends.
    A fog rolled in and the second it did, her senses piqued. The urge to dive into the water was so strong, yet the Airmid part of her fought against it. Something wasn't right. Next thing she new, Merc Raiders were storming the ship. She hovered about twenty feet above the vessel and watched, waiting to see who would fall first and who would need help. The Raiders were strong though, oddly so.
    Before she could help it, a song started drifting from her lips, soft at first but then growing louder. It was the Merc in her, singing to the ocean. Several of the Raiders looked up at her, confused she thought. The Airmid took over though and started forming ice over the surface of the ocean. Now, if the Raiders wanted to attack, they'd have to break through it first. Her song continued, growing ever louder and more... seductive? Avani's voice cut out with a piercing screech, her bird call. It was like the spell was broken and her normal vision returned. Will was down, River was fighting hard, a new comer was doing something that looked important, and the captain was fighting his way to pieces. She glanced at William, who appeared to be fine, and then dove straight at the ship. She snapped her wings open and sent one of the Raiders flying.
    Scooping her arms under his body, Avani lifted Will off of the floor and into the air. She carried him over to William. "Use the Well of Life," she recommended. "It looks like he was poisoned." With that, she turned back and flew towards River, casting her poisonous feathers spell and launching it at the Raiders closest to the Elf. "Need some help?" She asked, landing beside her.

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

An Agitated Wanderer

The Wanderer’s mind was awfully noisy for a nap. The clang and clatter of fresh steel banging together probably wasn’t ideal to dream about. So he scrunched his face together, desperate to drown out the noise. But the more he thought about it, the more evident it was that the noise came from reality.

His aging lids open to reveal his dazzling gold eyes, slightly faded in his weariness. The crashing continued; metal twisting around wood; wood crackling under fire. Yet through his tiredness the Wanderer convinced himself that the others were simply sparring and instead decided to enjoy a smoke from his pipe. That is if he could find it. He patted himself down quickly, searching faster until… nothing.

“Hmmph.” He snorted, partnered with a low grumble and a facial expression that could part the seas.

Up on the deck the noise from the battle kept getting drowned out by a loud booming, that only increased. Soon some of the more absent minded began to turn their heads toward the cabin door, frightened by what awaited in the belly of the beast. The door flung wide, almost snapping from its hinges and in the shadows stood a figure of fear.

Has anyone seen my pipe!?” He scanned across the cracks of the deck, each passenger fighting for their lives to defend the ship. His mood shifted and he stood there limply, scratching his head while his cheeks flared red.

“Oh, I see… wait a minute, there’s my pipe!” The Wanderer spotted his craved object, sitting loosely in the mouth of a merfolk raider. He puffed out his chest, pushed back his shoulders and threw his arm up to pull out his bow. But the hand grasped thin air, and soon the Wanderer began twirling around, his arms flailing behind him for his weapon. He admitted defeat, knowing the bow slept safely by his cabin bed, much to his agitation. With another loud grumble and some cursing he slammed the door shut and headed back into the hull. Still muttering to himself down the stairs, he was unaware that he’d knocked out a charging merfolk using the door.

14. Exzalia

As the fight raged on the mist never let up, and the singing of a unknown origin was still going. Suddenly, the remaining raiders looked to the front of the ship with concern. They seemed to signal to one another and in unison they jumped back into the water, and swam away. Every one breathed heavily tired out from the battle all except Pyria.

"Whoo! Yeah we won! Take that fish brains, Hahahahaha" She spun around holding her hand out yelling. "Some give me a high five!" River was the one she spun to, and River was not looking too pleased.

"...come on mom...don't leave me hanging here."Pyria said looking rather nervous.

The singing grew louder, it was a haunting tune. Beautiful yes, unmistakably beautiful but it was also eiry. There were no words to the hollow tune just a beautiful sort of moaning that droaned on in a soft slow rhythm, it almost sounded like the voises of a chior of children, singing at a funeral. It put everyone on edge, no one said a word. This all against a backdrop of mist and fog which blanketed the sky and made seeing beyond the boat near impossible. Suddenly a curse rang out

"Those Mer raiders, they got the better of us." It was Relix, he came back up from the power room looking grim. "They stole the runes powering the ship, were stranded out here."

Even as he spoke the singing grew louder, and more forbodeing.

15. Love to Write

River Hoya

"Those Mer raiders, they got the better of us." It was Relix, he came back up from the power room looking grim. "They stole the runes powering the ship, were stranded out here."

"We will talk about this later." River said to Pyria, sternly. She then turned to the captian. "We can't stay here. I will do what I can to get the boat to safer waters." River turned to Avani. "I would be most grateful if you could keep an eye on, Pyria for a bit." She smiled gratefully and walked to the bow of the ship. Sitting down she closed her eyes and began concentrating on the merc that the ship rode upon. Now that she was the one in charge of the waves and how they moved, her seasickness nearly vanished. A few seconds later the ship began to move. Slowly but surely it floated forwards, hopefully to saftey and not into the den of a beast.

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Eris

"They stole the runes...", Eris repeated to herself. She sighed and walked closer to Emery, and sat atop a barrel. She had to sling her long, long auburn hair over her shoulder to prevent sitting on it. "Isn't this just the best?", she asked Emery with a half-smile.

A moment later that River girl volunteered to steer the vessel. Eh, maybe she does have some talent, Eris thought. But she'll never have my flair. She smirked.

17. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William (Level: 5|Expertise: 0|Shield: 100%)

Use the Well of Life," she recommended. "It looks like he was poisoned.

William nodded, and moved himself over to where Will was lying unconscious, and pulled out the Well from an enchanted pouch on his belt. Anyone else who tried to do that would have their hand burned by Charon. He prepared to channel some of its energy onto the unconscious Will.

Wait, aren't you forgetting something important about doing this sort of thing?

Nonsense! Just heal the poor man already!

William blinked. What had he forgotten? He thought it had something to do with using the Well, but already the inner conversation was fading from his mind. A few more desperate attempts to hang on to it, and then he forgot what he was wondering about in the first place. He proceeded to channel a small fraction of the Well's power.

His world instantly changed.

Nox was now the very essence of all evil, all problems, ever. William saw the world as nothing more than a Nox machination designed to kill him, and more importantly Avani. There was screaming, not real, only heard by William. A phrase escaped his lips.

"Bastard shadow-weaver!"

Then the healing ended. The channeling stopped, and the world was set right. Will blinked and sat up, free of the venom that had infected him.

William shoved the Well back into his pouch as quickly as possible, shivering. Only a portion of the Well's protection had been sacrificed in healing Will. If this is what happened when he was partially insane, then what had he been like fifteen years ago?

18. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Will

He sat up, seeing William above him with a dazed look on his face. Will felt his neck where he'd been nicked, it was perfectly healed, no burning or numbness.

"Thanks William." He said as he stood up. Looking around, the ship was peaceful once again, but glowing green and there appeared to be thorns growing out of the railing. River was sitting at the bow, eyes closed, deep in concentration.

"What'd I miss?"

19. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

The soft sound of singing made chills run through her. Emery regained her breath after the merfolk retreated, but once it was said that the runes were gone, she couldn't help but groan. Plus, the added fact that the captain had rudely judged her too, made the day that much better. She'd save confronting him for later.

"Isn't this just the best?" The now-familiar voice of Eris cut through her thoughts and she turned to see her beaming.

"It most certainly is," Emery replied sweetly, "Though, you have seen nothing yet. Those merfolk were measly beings compared to what we fought on our first trip. Have you even the knowledge of what happened to us during that? We were supposedly famous afterall." She smiled back at the woman, although it may have looked more like a smirk.

20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Eris

"Well, I have heard some wild tales", Eris said. She twirled a lock of hair prettily and swatted some butterflies that had come to flutter around her head. "But you can't believe the hype, can ya? Maybe you can fill me in a bit."

"But do not doubt my competence", she added mysteriously. "I've encountered some despicable beings in my line of business, seen some dark magic and unspeakable acts of violence. And I survived it all with my wits...and my looks, of course. I can handle anything." Eris flashed her brilliant teeth, then grimaced. "Am I the only one creeped out by all this dreery music...?"

21. Exzalia

The calls

The the songs only grew more chorus like as the boat moved slowly forward. In the distance things began to take form, at first a shadow in the mist. A small shadow nothing hulking and monsters, but a shadow none the less, unknown and iery.

Pyria was clearly getting creeped out, her ears quivered as they drew closer to the shadow in the mist. "Mom, mom...can we turn back?"

River said nothing. Her mind was too focused. Closer still they drew, and now the singing felt more like a warning but even if River wanted to turn the ship she suddenly found it out of even her control.

"....Sorry to inform you all, but something else is now steering the ship." She said. Everyone looked at Rexil.

"It's not me." he replied gruffly.

The ship grew closer to the shadow. Pyria was beginning to panic. "Guys...this is not merc. This is sooo not merc." The helpless boat was nearly upon the shadow, soon they would see exactly who, or what it was.

They held their breaths when...

A fire bolt flew over their heads and crashed into the shadow, a ear splitting screech blasted their ears as it dropped to the water with a faint splash and sunk, then silence, complete and utter silence.

Pyria stood behind them panting, sweat beads rolled down her face, her finger tips were smokeing. "...what?" she asked as everyone stared at her.

22. Love to Write

River Hoya

The moment the ship was longer under River's control the seasickness returned and worse than before. The boat got closer and closer to a shadow that reeked of evil, not that she would have been able to fight if it turned out to be hostile. The short distance had already taken much out of her. River watched helplessly as they got closer and closer to the creature. She was about to jump in front of Pyria when the shadow lit up with fire and fell screeching into the water. Pyria's hands showed evidence of a recent fire attack.

"...What?" Pyria asked. Her face was coverd in sweat. "I think you just killed whatever that was, my dear." River nodded approvingly a tired smile on her face. She stretched out a hand inviting Pyria to come close.

23. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Emery Rose

Emery laughed softly at the elf woman, she reminded her so much of her old life. Being a mother had sucked all of the fun out of her. Pip always told her she needed to stop worrying. Maybe on this trip she could lighten up a bit; treat it like a vacation...a crazy one.

The singing grew louder and haunting, beating into her skull. Emery clapped her hands over her ears. And, then a bolt of charon escaped from nowhere and all eyes fell on River's daughter. The evidence was revealed by the tendrils of smoke flowing from her fingertips. Slowly Emery removed her hands.

"What in the name of Charon was that?!" A gasp escaped from her throat, as she looked at their surroundings. "And, where exactly are we? Does anyone know? How about you Eris, you just said you have encountered many things. What do you make of this?"

24. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Fiuuuuuuuuuuuu" Whistled Lebry
    "Now that was a nice move missy" said he.

Just what had happened, for a moment the ship itself went out of control, a massive shadow formed. And apparently.... Pyria can unlock some serious stuff while being scared.

-----------------------

For Alba all this magic show had been indeed crazy, she knew about the existence of magic of course. But it still felt weird to her, being an uncastable.
    She couldn't really hid the fact that Pyria's magic scared her for a while.

25. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

William (Level: 5|Expertise: 0|Shield: 100%)

"Why you little son of a-"

William grabbed Pyria and shook her. "DON'T kill random things! That could have been a friend, or someone with important information! Hell, it could have been Tess! Or maybe, killing it just caused us to become enemies with whatever friends it had! And most of all, it could be something that's important for me to remember."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.